Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Admiral

Default "Get outta' that bed and rattle those pots and pans," IT'S MONDAY!

With all apologies to the Coasters, it is indeed Monday morning and that means it's back to work! Well, for some it means that anyway. For we of the "Fat Duff" brigade, we'll just continue to sit on ours and watch you labor, thank you.

In a way, since I 'reckon Ma Pa raised us up back when we were young'uns to be truthful (the willow tree outside working to insure compliance, I should modify the above by saying yours truly has never worked harder in his life than since I retired. Really, I mean it. But then of course, being your typical former public servant, my current work ethic is directly impacted by the amount of my productivity prior to retirement!

I'm surprised Roller Donna has yet to post as my gosh, her being East of us in the Eastern US, means it's 0500 hours there! Well you know those New Foundlanders, sleeping in until lunch time after spending the weekend carousing at various Trivia contests. Why, it's scandalous, I tell you, just scandalous!

Thanks for all your well wishes in yesterday's daily thread. I'm really looking forward to those offerings that "flat landers" get to only enjoy in the "big city," you know, things such as $6.00 hot dogs, $18.00 movie tickets and lest I forget, those "succulent" $55.00 hotel steak dinners. At least Fran doesn't have to worry about my having too many cocktails before dinner as I forgot to get that second mortgage on the house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, restful Monday Morning (heh-heh-heh). I think I'm going to go lie down for a few hours. After all, I've been laboring here at the computer for nigh on a half hour and it's time for my three hour Monday morning coffee break.

Prayers of course continue on the list along with a request for multitudinous Blessings on all!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

You just getting up?? I have been up for hours, I got a load of clothes washed dried and folded. I am washed up and ready for the day. I just have to get my charges up and get them off to their day programs and jobs. Then I can go home and start my day.
It is pouring here in Plant City Florida this morning. I hope it stops soon as I hate the idea of getting soaked while I pack my car to go home. Time to get out of here and go do more laundry before I leave for home. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 29th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd and Laura, it may be Monday, but I'm not up THAT early!!
I kinda like my job where I don't actually start till noon....but I am usually up early enough to get in an hour swim class, or skating first.

Todd, I am an hour earlier than you, but I'm not a Newfoundlander, I'm a Nova Scotian, or in these parts, known as a "Pictonian"!
And while we're on the subject, I should point out that the town of "Pictou" is pronounced Pic-TOE, not Pic-TOO. I got a few weird looks from the locals before I learned that one fast!

Anyway, the temp in Pictou County is hovering at -1C this morning, still chilly, and there is rain in the forecast. Although it never warmed up yesterday, the sun was strong enough to melt most of the snow that was left, so I am looking at brownish fields again...

Today I have my 1 hour of work (much like yourself Todd!), then I am accompanying my hubby to Truro, the next "big" town about an hour and a half away. He has a Dr. appointment there.
Which reminds me, Todd, I wish you the best of luck with your procedure coming up. I"ve had the same procedure and it was successful and I am off all medication now except for a daily Aspirin.

Well, I'd better get my day started, hope it's a good one for all of you!

p.s. Todd, that was quite the noisy wake-up call this morning! I will have that song stuck in my head all day!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; March 29th, 2010 at 07:34 AM. Reason: add
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
So sickof all this rain/wind, already I could scream, and I have to go out in it, to see The Dr.... My mouth with temporary crowns, has made me cranky..I can't wait for that to be finished too....oy!

Other than that. not much going on...Rd .. do you have/not have daylight savings time or whaT? Wouldn'tt you be an hour later than the east coast? Maybe my mind is mush right now

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a sunny, and cool Texas. I am up early this morning, because I prayed last night for a good week, and I didn't want to miss any of it.

I have started a date book to remind me of things I need to do. It's funny that as kids our parents remind us, and we still need help as adults.

When I started seeing someone for the grief, he warned me that I might develop some phobias, or unusual behavior. He said if it happened, to let him know so that we could take care of getting rid of it. I have developed one that is useful, and I will probably keep it. I have what we use to call nesting. I can't stand things out of place. I sit and think of what needs to be cleaned. Believe me this has never been a problem before. The good news is the house has never looked better.

Todd, When do you leave for Ohio? I do hope that things go well for you.

Take care everyone and have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning, my friends!

I wrote a nice long post, and then poof! It was gone!

Todd, I didn't awake to pots and pans, but to 10 men working on my roof! The contractor said that they would be here at 7:00 and at 6:59 I heard all the trucks pull up. They already have the 2 roofs off, and are laying the tar paper. Not with nail guns, either -- they are doing it the old fashioned way, swinging hammers. They told my DH that they would be done by 2:00. These are some hard working men, for sure!

We have that wonderful Spring weather this week, with the high today of 72 and near 80 for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, rain is in the forecast for Saturday. Hope it moves out before Easter Sunday.

I was going to go shopping with a friend today, who is preparing for her first cruise. She decided that tomorrow would work better for her. She is so excited. I don't think there is anything greater than that anticipation of your first cruise. ahhhhhh, I can almost remember!

Todd, when do you go to Cleveland? I know you will feel so much better after the procedure.

Trip, the same goes for you. Once all this maintenance is done, you will be feeling better than ever, and you will know that you are taking good care of yourself!

Luanne, if you get your house done, come on down and help me!

Everyone have a great day!

p.s. anyone have some earplugs I can borrow?
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' "Mates". The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from eight glorious days aboard "Miracle", and it was truly a super cruise. We had a great time aboard, (even though the spring breakers tried their best to mess it up) ;-) I did indeed, miss you folks, and my morning intrusion into all your lives. I was privileged to sing in both the talent show, and the "Legends" show. GREAT fun, and additional "ships on a stick" for the cabinet. The service was absolutely first class, the food outstanding, and just a wonderful cruise in general. I honestly think that "Miracle" sets the standard for the others to follow.
Glad all of you are O.K., and doing well. Luanne, I think of you every day, and am so glad that you and Jim are moving forward.
Have a fantastic day!

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
I may need to go back and look at yesterday's thread to see what I had planned for today...Because I can't recall what I am supposed to be doing to save my soul.

I have loads of housework to be done, and a few business phone calls to make. Aside from that, I am drawing a blank. The mail will be here in an hour or two. But really anything else that was on the agenda is completely off my radar.

The kids are busy with their schoolwork. D/H called last night to let me know he made it to Pittsburgh and he was ready to go teach this morning. My Sister came over and they colored a dozen easter eggs yesterday.

D/H started making some wine just after Christmas. I have two 5 gallon carboys, one is Sauvignon Blanc, the other is a Malbec... I decided that someone had better check and make he did it right... So I found the wine thief and my sister and I filled a few glasses from each carboy and I made us a dinner of grilled grouper parmesan, roasted summer squash, zuchini, mushrooms, onions and red pepper. All I can say is that we really enjoyed our evening together, and I may have to do the same thing all over again tonight. I sure hope there's some wine left for d/h when he gets home on Thursday .

Todd I hope you're enjoying your nap.

Luanne hang in there!

Well have a great morning everyone... I have to go find my brain.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Admiral

49 and storming in NY .A happy dry Monday to all
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Admiral

good morning from new orleans..Luanne, feel free to practice your phobia at my house..i'll put the red beans on the stove so they'll be ready when you get here
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Admiral

"Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down" that about sums it up, we are supposed to get flooding rains here in central ma tonight and tomorrow, yipee
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Get Out\ta that Bed and Rattle Those Pots and Pans. It's Monday

Well, no rattling of pots and pans here, since breakfast is a bowl of cereal with fruit on it, V8 Juice and coffee. Good mornin' to ya. Bright and sunny but not as warm today.

We were awakened by a wrong number on Keith's cell phone. I think the neighbors heard it, too. Wow, that thing's loud!:o

Like BW, I need to go find my brain. I think I left it in bed. Have a good day!

Judy
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Checking in again in the afternoon....I never made it to work today, I got hit suddenly with a stomach bug right in the middle of breakfast. Lost breakfast, yesterday's dinner, and possibly yesterday's lunch as well!
Just now woke up from a Gravol-induced sleep. Feeling better, but will rest the remainder of the day....

Trip, yes yes we have daylight savings time, and we are an hour ahead of Montreal, which I think is the same as you.

Ken, wish I'd been there to see you in the Legends Show.
My sister and cousin have just booked the Miracle for Nov. 11, and we are going to book too. Maybe we can sail together and do our duet at long last?

donna
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Uhhhh.....I gotta' credit the right group with the title.

Donna, that song has been stuck in my head all day too and it was there as I was driving back from the drugstore and I realized I was older than I originally thought.

"Shake, Rattle, and Roll" was originally recorded by Bill Hailey and the Comets back probably around 53 or 54 and it should be, "Get into that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans!"

I think they call it, "aging brain."

Todd
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon,

Checking in late today. Didn't have a good night but feeling better today. Betty has the day off and she and kids are coloring Easter eggs right now. I did put a leg of lamb in the oven and will start peeling some potatoes and cleaning carrots in a few minutes.

Donna: You are on ADT (Atlantic Daylight Time). You are one hour ahead of Eastern Time so you are, at least, one hour ahead of anyone in the continental U.S. You are two hours ahead of me and four hours ahead of the west coast. This could be why you are getting up so much earlier than everyone else.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Admiral

No worry there Todd, I knew what song you were talking about, and teh correct lyrics, even if it wasn't the correct artist!
I guess I'm older than I think too....

donna
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Late to day as well, the rain has returned to Northern California. Not a lot but enough to keep you inside. I seem to have it trained, when I go outside the rain starts and when I go inside it stops. I am so looking forward to the sun shine. Take care all, Mike