Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning....

It's Tuesday Morning and I'm back in the land of the living.
I was fine yesterday morning until I started breakfast, the WHAM! a stomach bug hit me like a ton of bricks!
Lost my breakfast and a few other meals as well. Took a Gravol and went back to bed to sleep it off. Strange day, nausea and sweats, but I woke up in the afternoon feeling fine again.
Today, I hope to make it through breakfast and actually get to work!

We had an incredibly windy day yesterday, it was like listening to a hurricane all day and all night. It's calmed down this morning, and the temp is up to +7C or 44F. The weekend is supposed to be nice, I'll believe it when I see it!

Tonight is LOST for me. I will be glued to the couch - twice! I watch it on the local channel first, then again on ABC at 10.

Have a good day all...

donna
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a sunny, and soon to be warm Texas.

Donna, I am glad you are feeling better. I hope your day goes well.

Yesterday was a good one for me. I was able to get out early, and take care of business. But, then Jim came home.

As most of you know, I have been traveling with Jim when he has temp assignments. It gives us a chance to be together, and it allows me to see a bit of the country. His company has tried to keep him close to home, since Iraq, because of the trial, and the fact that we have been through so much, but I have been bugging Jim to find us something. Yesterday he came home with the assignment for May. It's two weeks, and will end just before our cruise to Alaska.

Now go back to last week, when we made final plans to pick up Joe's clothes from the police in Austin. I didn't want to go, but felt like it was something I needed to do, even though Jim had said he would go alone. The reason I didn't want to go, was that everything in Austin reminds me of Joe's last hours. I truely feel like I can't breath while there. It was decided that tomorrow would be the day we would pick them up, and then I would forever say good by to Austin. It was decided that when we needed to travel south, we would take back roads so that I will never have to see the Austin sky line, again.

Okay, now go back to last night when Jim came home with the assignment. Okay as I type this it is now almost funny, so you can laugh if you want to. The assigment is two weeks in Austin....

Sometimes we make up our minds that we know what is best for our lives, and fate steps in and says "wait a minute, you don't know anything"

So, last night I planned our trip. This morning it doesn't seem so bad after all. To be honest, Austin is a wonderful place, filled with wonderful people. Austin did not kill my son.

Of course I would have preferred to go back to Little Rock and see Fern, or to PA, or to New York, but for now this is the trip I need to take.

I hope all of you have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Oh Luanne, you are right - if you don't laugh, you will cry!
And of course Austin is not responsible, and it is brave and strong of you to give Austin a chance to "entertain" you for 2 weeks.
Somehow, I know this little trip will make both you and Jim stronger....

donna
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates!!!
Donna, that bug is going around. D/D was viciously attacked by it last week and I quarantined everyone to their rooms until I had the chance to go and thoroughly clean up her messes and then disinfect everything and make everyone wash their hands religiously. I think I nipped it in the bud since no one else in the house came down with it. I just couldn't take a chance of d/h getting it, because for some reason those GI bugs that most folks get and recover from quickly, absolutely destroy him and render him into a dehydrated wet rag for several days. It is miserable and I hope you are feeling better now.

Well I am so happy...temps should get up near 80 in the next few days. The sun was shining yesterday as it is today and as soon as we get the kids lessons done and the house straightened up I am going outside to play. I cannot believe it is only the end of March and I was out mowing the yard yesterday. The grass always grows faster on the south end and it was getting up there. So I braced myself as I put the key in the padlock to the yard barn. I slowly raised the door and peeked inside. Nothing happened. Nothing went scurrying. There were no mice building nests under the shroud of the mower. It was empty. Yay! I remembered that I threw mass quantities of bar bait in there when I stored the mower in the fall, so happily it worked I think I will continue that practice. So for those of you who get a kick out of my mouse stories I am afraid I came up empty handed, sorry .

Oh did I mention how much rain we've had lately? A lot! The reason the grass is so tall on the south end of the property is because it is so wet down there. I got a little close to the muddy part on the mower and got it real good and stuck. The more I tried to get it out, the stucker it got. Since d/s is still a little shaky walking, I grabbed d/d who thought this whole thing was really cool. I sat her on the Husqvarna and explained how the zero turn controls work.. push the handles forward to go forward, in the middle to stop, and do not push them backwards or she'll run over me. So we had a few practice runs with the motor off, then I fired it up and d/d threw the handles forward, and I pushed with all my might...and voila we became unstuck. D/D stopped it on a dime, right atop the boards I put down and she did an amazing job. So the mower is no longer stuck and I was able to finish the mowing before the sun set.

The kids must still be recovering from their late night slumber party with Grandma Saturday night since it is almost 9 o'clock and they are still asleep.

Well that's the excitement here in beautiful west central Indiana!!! Have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Luanne,
Good for you. To embrace something that has had control over your emotions and instead of letting it hold you hostage you are facing it head on and overcoming the crippling anxiety and fear. I think you are amazing!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
And the rain just keeps on coming For thr 1st time ever, I got a recorded message from the town, saying, don't use the washing machine or the dish washer, due to the heavyrains and the sewer system

Luanne, I feel there will be a message, in your Austin trip...Something will happen, interactions with someone, just something that will bring you both some comfort..I feel it in my bones...

Today, I have Little Lucy, to get me through this rainy day..her smile is a bit of sunshine..I should bottle it

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 30th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends!

We have another one of our beautiful Spring days, today! Our nice weather lasts such a short time, before it gets to our normal hot-and-humid. I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Today I'm going shopping with my friend. I can't think of anything I need (but that has never stopped me from making purchases before ), so we we will be shopping for her. She will take her first cruise in September, and she was going to wait till later to shop, but she just can't do it!

Luanne, you made me laugh this morning! You will be fine.

RD, I'm glad you're feeling better. I had one of those viruses a week or so ago. They're no fun!

Trip, have fun with Lucy. How old is she, now?

Everyone make it a great day, with whatever you're doing!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

good morning from new orleans..Luanne..God has a plan for you and it included Austin..trust in Him and it will be revealed to you
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from NY where its been storming non-stop the past 60 hours .The streets are flooded and the rain will not end till thursday .In addition its 43 degrees .I hope everyone has nicer weather
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

It's supposed to be sunny here this afternoon and then for the rest of the week. I've mowed my front yard once and now must do the whole acre. At this time of year I mow sometimes as often as every four days, but there's a reason.

All the lawns around us are beautiful with gorgeous grass, etc. I can't, however, begin to afford one of those lawn services that treats your lawn about three times a year so my yard is primarily crab grass, other types of weeds, some bermuda grass that isn't spreading nearly fast enough () and maybe some fescue thrown in. I think I even spotted a little patch of Kentucky Blue.

I'll remind you of something I may have previously related last year. When the yard's cut short it looks just as good as any of the neighbors. But in the Spring when things grow fast, when others have lush looking manicured lawns such as those you'd see in upscale areas, mine would look as if the Clampett family lived here (all I'd need would be a couple of chickens to make the scene complete). Sooooo, I just keep a'cuttin' on my trusty Husqvarna 42" cut lawn tractor with its 15 hp twin cylinder Kawasaki. It's now at least nine years old and this year when I first went downstairs to get it out, I just turned the key and Varoom! The only thing other than annual routine service that I've had to do, is replace the battery year before last.

Luanne, I too agree it's probably a good idea to go back to Austin to pick up Joe's things. While Austin is where your nightmare began, You might find that while it brings back such disturbing memories (and probably always will), remember that while it may be the "scene," Austin not the "cause." I would go with Trip's gut feeling as well.

What, Beenie Weenie?! No mouse stories??!! Darn! Well, you know you could always make some up and we'd never know.

RD, am so glad you're over your "episode" and Henry, you'd best start building that ark!

Bravo Darlene, get out there and rebuild our economy!!

Prayers for those on the list and Blessings upon all!

Todd
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Morning . . .

Good morning from Southern California. It's cold and overcast, but so far, not wet. Remember, I was the one who said there'd be no more of the wet stuff til next season? Shows ya what kind of weather man I'd be!
All the weeds are gonna be so happy.

Luanne, that's a good example of what's called in literature "black humor."

RD, glad you're feeling better.

Trip, I hope you're feeling better today, as well.

No special plans, maybe a cozy lunch somewhere. Ma Nature has provided a good atmosphere for that.

Judy