Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Default Easter Monday

Morning Mates, and welcome to yet another holiday Monday!
It's been a long, glorious weekend here in Pictou County, the weather has been amazing, and I already have the beginnings of a farmer's tan!
I've managed to do a fair bit of gardening, or at least weeding and trimming and cleaning up, and if I haven't pulled out anything important, hopefully I will have a nice garden in a few more weeks!
I have no idea what's planted here around the property, as it was fall when I moved in, so every little green shoot that comes up, I can't wait to see what it might be.

We have discovered something else new living in the country - Spring Peepers! I heard the strangest noises from across the road the other night when I had the dog out for a walk, and I thought it was ducks or geese, but thought it was too late at night for them to be out.
After mentioning it to a local friend, it seems it is Spring Peeper time.
I had no idea that little frogs could be so loud!

I hope everyone had a joyful Easter. I was thinking about Todd's lovely dinner as I chowed down on my meatloaf last night.....

donna
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Captain

What a wonderful weekend we had here in southern Ohio. It was a busy weekend but with the good weather it made it great. We did have some very strong winds on Saturday which presented a few problems with my grandaughters birthday party. My daughter had rented one of those inflatable jump cages for the kids, but thanks to the wind the electric went off about an hour before the party was to start. Thank goodness one of their best friends had a portable generator which solved that problem. I don't think the kids even realized that there had been a problem. All the kids had a great time jumping and screaming! The power did come back on just in time for us to do the clean-up. Our little one had a great time and was worn out by the time they got home.
Yesterday was a fabulous Easter Sunday. Church services with our kids church group doing an Easter play. My 6 yr old grandaughter did her part perfect. Do I see broadway in her future..probably not but she still did a good job. After church there was a big egg hunt for the kids. I think all the kids got way more eggs filled with chocolate than the parents wanted. Lots of active kids yesterday!
Today is hubbies birthday so a special dinner is planned for this evening. I'm sure it won't be as good as some that Todd lists here but it will be a good one. I have both girls here today as this is the last day of their spring break. I'm sure they will help me with the meal. I know they want to make Papaw a special birhtday cake and decorate it. It should be a dandy.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoy today. Prayers continue for all those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD and all to follow.

Yesterday's holiday meal was indeed delicious and as a matter of fact R/D, meatloaf is on the menu for this week. We both love it and Fran puts plenty of onion in it for me as well.

Today is going to be a carbon copy of yesterday here in upper East Tennessee with highs in the high 70's to low 80's weatherwise. In short, as in Pictou, Spring has definitely arrived here in upper East Tennessee and the mountains are especially gorgeous.

Hope those who celebrated had a wonderful Easter Holiday. Now it's back to a more mundane life and for many, a return to work.

Prayers and blessings continue.

Todd

P.S. Sue, you posted while I was writing mine so let me quickly say Happy Birthday to your Hubby!
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Hello Cruisemates, A happy Easter weekend it was. Things are turning green and I have many plants coming up. I love when all the flowers and plants start sprouting after a long winter. We came back from Florida on Friday and it felt great to be home. I had come down with one of the worst colds of my life on Wednesday and all I wanted was my bed and my house. Despite the cold we had a great time and a beautiful 3/bedroom 3/bathroom condo. My sister and her family stayed with us so it was nice to have plenty of room. Another beautiful day here in Chicago , we have the White Sox opener and the Cubs opening in Atlanta today. My son and hubby are very happy. Back to school for the kid and I need to do the grocery shopping and do some housework today. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Well today is indeed a beautiful day. As was yesterday. We made it to church, had seat and that was all she wrote, d/s locked his chic radar on to the infamous Ms. A. Applegate and he was in la la land until she went down with the other kids for children's church and d/s was stuck with us up in the sanctuary until the end of the service. Luckily for him Ms. Applegate's mother and I were talking and he got to be formally introduced to her and her lovely daughter. So It was all good for him . Oh and BTW the Easter Service was lovely lol.
We then went over to my parents house. My Mom was on her way out the door to go play piano for some event... I'm not sure if she knew what it was, I think it was just a date on her calendar with an address so she got dressed up and flew out the door to another adventure. We kidnapped my Dad and took him to brunch at the Silvercreek in Champaign, with my Sister, her daughter and the daughter's boyfriend.

Brunch was OK, not nearly as nice as what we have had in years past. But it's always good to get the family together again and do something. It was really a beautiful day. The rains the day before combined with the sunny windy day seemed to be the perfect combination to cause all the trees to bud and the magnolias and other flowering trees blooms to pop open. The trees little green leaves are starting to pop. Gorgeous!

When we got home I went out and pumped all the old water out of the hot tub, scrubbed it and refilled it with new. Put all new chemicals in it and it should be ready for action today.

I expect some more bulbs I ordered to arrive today.

I just got an email a while ago from a broker who may want to book d/h for 4 days in San Antonio. I think that might be a fun little family get away if it pans out.. I am crossing my fingers.

Well that's it from the funny farm. Hope you all have a great Monday!

Well I need to get off this machine and get the house cleaned up so I can go enjoy the day outside. Today is a good day to throw open the windows.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Default Easter Monday

Good morning from rainy Southern California. Always nice to get in a little soaker before the rainy season ends.

Well, we dodged another one. In the middle of Easter dinner (late afternoon, really) an earthquake made the house undulate and the chandelier swing back and forth. Ironically, this was the house that was nearly demolished in the 1984 Northridge Earthquake. The thing to watch, though, was the swimming pool as it sloshed its water all over the place with water nearly reaching the house. We told the hostess she didn't have to arrange extra "entertainment!" Although at the epicenter the quake was a strong 7.2, it felt about a 4 in the San Fernando Valley. We were about 200 or so miles from the eipcenter which was in Mexicali, Mexico just below the border.
No evidence of an earthquake here at home.

Well, it's back to the business of Monday: gym for Keith and ironing for me.

Sounds like everybody had a nice Easter, and I hope everyone has a nice Monday.

Judy
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good late morning everyone,

It was a wonderful Easter weekend with great weather and the fun of having the kids and grandkids at home.

The only negative was that the "Prime?" rib that I purchased from a new butcher was the worst I've ever had. The flavor was a mix of swamp buck and old meat. It just shows that looks can definitely be deceiving. I will leave in a bit to take the LARGE amount of leftover meat back to the butcher and ask him to taste it and get a refund.

There is absolutely NOTHING on the agenda, other than the butcher, for today. The house is clean, the yard is looking good and nothing is pending. It's nice having a "nothing" day. I may see if my son wants to take me to a movie. It all depends if he is available. He has a new girlfriend and they seem to be joined at the hip. That's a good thing. She seems to be a very nice girl.

Judy: When you described your Easter I thought: "Keith and Judy's Rock and Roll Easter." I'm glad that it was just a jostle and nothing more.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and wonderful Springtime week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Admiral

It is already 80 degrees in Virginia Beach. What a beautiful day to start the work week! Hope all of my cruisemates friends had a wonderful holiday weekend. This weekend I put my winter clothing in one of the spare rooms and put the summer wardrobe in the master bedroom. Alas, like a typical woman, I definitely have more clothing that I need or will wear! Our younger daughter and her husband and children are coming in this weekend to attend an engagement party so this morning I started cleaning and dusting since the gym was closed for Passover. Have a great day!
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Familiar Face

A beautiful day here in NC ---close to 90 degrees----we had a not so great Easter this year. We spent the entire weekend moving our d/d to our d/s house as she has left her husband of 19 years --this is something I thought we would never have to do --- when he strayed she tried to work it out but he was not trying at all -so she left with our granddaughter and will begin anew. She has served him separation papers and he is refusing to pay child support. He claims he can't afford it.Well hello d/d ain't rolling in money either. D/d makes half of what he makes and she is going to have to put a roof over their head and all that goes with it with only half of what he makes. I am so mad right now that I could spit nails and then he has the nerve to hold my granddaughter's car over her head. Well I have complained enough--I hope everyone has a better Easter Monday than my family has had.
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY where it was sunny and 75 today .Five days ago I wore a winter coat and dressed in layers .Today ,a short sleeve short and no jacket