Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday....1 day closer to the weekend!

Morning Mates,
It's a dull and cool morning here in Pictou County, we may see some rain, and the grass and plants could sure use it. We had a good downpour yesterday and the green is finally starting to show....

I had a depressing afternoon off yesterday, shopping for shorts and/or summer capris. Depressing because I couldn't find anything to fit right!
I absolutely refuse to buy anything over a certain size, and it's so discouraging not finding anything to fit. Guess I'd better take this dieting thing more seriously....

Today is a long one, swim aerobics in the morning, followed by two very active gym classes with the kids (maybe I'll sweat off a few pounds!).
I will be ready for a nap when I get home this afternoon...

Have a good day all!

donna
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Sounds as if, R/D, you certainly have an active day ahead of you.

I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel as if it would be best off to just go and shop at Omar's for my clothes.

Am praying I get my lawn tractor back today and that the price of my stupidity is not too high. I guess really doesn't make much difference whether it arrives today as it's supposed to rain most of today anyway. Kerenade, from whom I live probably only around a couple of hours, was spot on with her extended forecast yesterday. Let me tell you, the world's a jungle out there and so is my yard, especially if we get a lot of rain! At this time of year I cut it every four days and it's been a week this afternoon since it was last done ..... by my neighbor.

I admit that I certainly won't be upset with temps in the 60's after having them up in the upper eighties for the past couple of days.

We had a wonderful "Thank-You" dinner (comeplete with entertainment), for all of our Humane Society volunteers at a local BBQ restaurant night before last. A local trio (one of whom is is a member of our Board) who frequently perform as an introductory act to nationally known musical performers who perform in our local performing arts center here (that I must add is known for its almost perfect acoustics) provided wonderful entertainment. A very casual buffet, the food and fellowship along with the entertainment were certainly appreciated by all. It's really great when you live in an area where folks and businesses are so appreciative and most importantly, support efforts such as ours.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day before TGIF and prayers and a request for Blessings continue.

Todd
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Familiar Face

Starting out to be a beautiful day today but we are expecting to get a bit of a thunderstorm this afternoon--we do need the rain-and they are predicting that it may frost on Friday night --I guess I will have to pull my flowers up next to the house -----don't want to loose them --some are over 10 years old----I love my flowers. Work is going good--we have been busy the last few days. I have drivers all over and they will work in to the weekend. Oh well they better take it when they can you never know when it will slow down, Hope everyone has a great day ---d/d and g/d are doing better each day
hopefully it will be all over with soon and they can move on.
Hugs to all who need them and hope everyone has a great day.
Kathy
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well got one really great night's sleep last night! I had turned the heat off and the house got nice and cool. The night before I was on fire. The temps are down to 40 outside. and won't get too much above 50 today. But better weather is on it's way.

Tonight we have guitar lessons and that's about it. Today we'll still be here doing the usual, schoolwork and housework etc... I bought a couple small trees that need to be planted and have plants that need to be potted, but think I'll wait until tomorrow for warmer weather. I would like to take my bike out today if time allows and go down the nature trail to look for mushrooms... but doubt it will happen today either. I better get to work.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates, from the land of brown grass, and no golf.

I'm really not enjoying our spring in Calgary, with highs near 45 today. It leaves me wanting to stay inside.

My mother's new live-in started yesterday, and after 24hrs. she likes her. We'll see if that stretches into 2 days.

Think it will be a quiet day... might watch Tiger Wood's return to golf to see how many girlfriends greet him at the 18th hole.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Captain

Cool & dreary here today. Rain has been falling off & on since around 4am with predictions of a thunderstorm with some hail later today. I am not up to par today as yesterday ended up being a nightmare. It all started Tues. evening when d/d called and needed me to come stay with the girls as she needed to get to the ER. She had a case of hives that were itching her to no end. Her family Dr. had called in a scrip but it was not helping and she was getting worse. I stayed with the girls, who were already in bed sound asleep, until they returned. The ER Dr. gave her an IV which helped along with a stronger scrip to take. I got home around 2:30 am and finally went to sleep sometime after 3. Up at at 6am to get ready for a busy day. D/D was much better and decided to go to work so she brought the 6 yr. old over for me to get on the school bus then I picked up my Mom. She had a eye Dr. appt. in Ashland, KY and the news was good. Her eye problem seems to be stablizing and not getting any worse. After that appt. it was back to her Dentist for some refitting of her new lower plate. That to went very well and she is no longer having trouble wearing the plate. All Drs. seen for the day so we stopped for lunch before heading home. Now the drama begins. My Mom is 81 and has a little trouble walking, she has to hold on to something to keep her stable. She is also very indepentant and will not wait for help in getting in or out of the car. Before I could get to her side of the car she was out and heading to the house. She was holding onto the car when she lost her balance and before I could catch her she was down. She hit her head, back & bottom side pretty hard. All she wanted was to get up and into the house. Unfortunatly I was unable to lift her, she is a little on the heavy side, so I tried calling a couple of the neighbors to beg for some help. No one was home and there was a really big goose egg coming out on her head. I called 911 and our local squad came to help. We more or less forced her to agree to go to the hospital to be checked out. By the time we got there the bump on the head was huge and she also had one on her back. Her blood pressure was 225/127 so that too was a concern. Luckily all the x-rays, cat scans and tests showed no broken bones, or head bleeds. Meds got the blood pressure back to normal so sometime around 9 they let us bring her home. She is doing fine, just sore today which we expected. That generation is a tough one. I'd be down for the count if it were me!
Today the D/D is still itching but no major breakouts. Seems to just be her hands and feet that are giving her problems today. Benadryl helps but puts her to sleep, so she decided to stay home from work, take the Beni and sleep all day.
R/D I can soooo relate to your shopping delima. Been there done that!
Todd, I too usually try to mow every 4 days so Sat. is my scheduled day if the weather co-operates.

Everyone have a good day. Prayers go out to the families of the coal miners in West Virginia and all those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a nice Spring day here in central Minnesota. Betty hasn't been feeling too well and is at the doctor's. She had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago and hasn't bounced back to her normal hyper-active self.

I'm being the good husband and I'm now washing clothes and in a few minutes I'll start vacuuming and dusting.

Hopefully she'll be feeling well enough to haul my butt to the store. I need to pick up a birthday present for my Sister-in-Law. Tomorrow is her 50th birthday party and I don't have a present.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday . . . One Day Closer to the Weekend

Good morning! Beautiful and sunny but rain predicted Sunday night.

Nothing big planned here.

Have a good day, all!

Judy