Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny Monday!

Morning Mates, from another sunny day in Pictou County.
The temp is only 5C and not expected to go above 7 (in the 40'sF) but I'll take it!
I'm off to my last week of work. 13 weeks has flown by! As they say, time flies when you're having fun, and it was a fun time all around.
Still looking for what I'll do next, but I'm sure I'll find something I'll enjoy.
Meanwhile, I've got a cruise coming up in 3 weeks, so I can start getting excited about that!

donna
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Scotland is almost Mediterranean like in comparison; 22C yesterday - a bit cooler today - 18C but in the conservatory - sauna like - lovely with a cold lager shandy!

Bumped into a coach-load of US tourists yesterday in Luss - dressed in winter woollies whilst some of the natives were swimming in Loch Lomond! The golfers on the courses by Loch Lomond thought they were in heaven! They were!
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Admiral

G'Morning Mates. R.D., it sounds like you've adjusted to your new home just fine. What is the cruise coming up for you and James?
Not much new here in Central Florida. My trip to Indiana for my H.S. reunion is the next thing on the list, and it should be a fun time, except for the long drive. Guess we could fly, but I just don't want the hassle of the major airlines!
Hope y'all have a great day, and week.

"SKY"
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning Rollerdonna, Annie, Ken and our CruiseMates who follow.

This is what I am referring to as the "Week of the doctors." Today it's off in an hour to see my buddy who is our primary care physician for our routine monthly appointment, then tomorrow it's off to Fran's oncologist where hopefully he'll be able to allay her rapidly building fear of a lymph node in her neck that is swelling larger by the week and then on Wednesday, it's off to Ohio for four days.

By the time I get home, I'll be so crippled from riding in the car that I won't care about anything they did to me up North!

It's a gorgeous morning here in upper East Tennessee with a high projected in the lower seventies. The weather we'll be encountering at both ends of the map as well as in between also appears will be nice. At least I hope so.

Well, had best get crackin' and get into the shower.

Hope you'uns have a good'un.

Todd
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Captain

Sun is up and shinning here with temps to be around 70 today :o. We had a wonderful weekend filled with square dancing in 3 different Ohio cities. Columbus on Friday, Cleveland on Sat. and finished up in Dayton last night. Many miles were added to my odometer, about 800, but it was a good weekend.
Today is my only childs 35th birthday. It just seems like yesterday we were waiting her arrival. Where does the time go? I will fix dinner for her tonight, it will be a duel dinner as tomorrow is my son-in-laws birthday. April is our busy b'day month.
RD enjoy your last week of employment. Just wish I were going on a cruise in 3 wks!
Todd, safe travels and hope for good results at all the Drs.

Everyone have a great day and prayers to all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Donna start packing!!! It's almost time to go!

Annie your description of Scotland makes me wants to hop on a plane, don my winter woolies, head to the tropical conservatory, (sounds lovely with a cold lager shandy). Then sit and watch the locals swim in Loch Lomond. My Dear, you should be writing travel brochures for Scotland's Convention and Visitor's Bureau. I can picture myself sitting right there next to you.

Ken if you find a free hour or two available, let me know and I may be able to buzz over to Tree City and meet up with you. If not, I hope we can catch up with one another the next time we find ourselves in the same neck of the woods.

Sue Happy Birthday to your kiddo! Glad you had a fun weekend!
Todd I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I know I haven't been around here as much as usual, but never the less you don't stray to far off my radar. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you this week and will be very anxious to hear how you and Fran are doing.

Well for today I intend to do some very intense reading practice with my little girl and make sure her reading skills are progressing. D/s will be doing more complex multiplication problems and I will occasionally be beating my head against the wall, but what else is new . Then I will attack Mt. Laundry and have an hour or two of cleaning up the living room... This is the price I pay for having fun and goofing off in the beautiful weather all weekend. I really don't expect any sympathy though, since I really enjoyed every minute of it.

Well guys, whoop it up while you can, enjoy the day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Ken, in 3 weeks we're sailing HAL's Noordam to the Southern Caribbean. I wanted to put a countdown clock but it seems to have disappeared....

Todd, best of luck with all those medical appointments. We'll be thinking of you and of Fran....

Sue, Happy Birthday to your "little one"!

Annie, nice of you to check in from Scotland. Where I live is heavily populated by generations of Scots. Pictou and New Glasgow where I work, are both very Scottish - oriented. Lots of bagpipe celebrations!

donna
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning all,
Hey, Hey what do you say the Cubs are going to win today!! A mild day here in the “Windy City” a great day for baseball. Not to much excitement here. Trying to decide if I should hire someone to dig out a small tree in my yard or should I tackle it myself. Not sure I want to work that hard.
Sue… I hope your daughter has a great birthday day!! , where do the years go?? That it on my end here folks. Have a blessed day!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Chilly air, and snow falling in Calgary. I preferred it when most every morning I was reporting sunny skies and warm from Scottsdale. Today we'll be lucky to hit 40 F.

Over the weekend we finally got all the paperwork together to take to our accountant, Yul Paytilithurts. So today I drop it all of and then we wait for the ugly results.

Went over to Kuki Jr's last night to see the pictures of their just completed trip to Africa. 1000 amazing pictures, displayed on their big screen TV and accompanied by their obviously exhausted and excited travelogue... made me want to head to Africa.

A busy week coming up. Tomorrow night our draft for the 25th yr. of our playoff hockey pool. Thurs. night our draft for our 20th yr. of our Fantasy baseball league. You have to be very talented to manage both a hockey team and a baseball team at the same time

In 3 1/2 weeks my voluntary hiatus from cruising ends, when I head to New York to board HAL's Veendam, and report back on the Signatures of Excellence. Hope I remember how to eat that much
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Warm and sunny here, and I already have been out and about,,,more of the same to follow.

I took my new blonde self, to the denstist to see what has happened to my mouth...we have narrowed it down to a possible latex allergy. Between the newly blonde hair, and the mouth, I thought lil Lucy would cry, when I babysat for her....leave it to kids.,,she didn't blink! So I will take benedryl all day, so if you don't see me around the boards, you know I am snoring;(

I hope you all enjoy the day

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Sunny Monday

Good morning! It rained and poured last night. The sun is shining off and on which is better than the rain-all-day forecast we had.

BW, Mt. Laundry! I love it! That's what's accumulated at my house, too. It's on the agenda along with taking the car to the mechanic.

It's nice to hear from the U.K. Yes, you've convinced me to go to Scotland, too!
Todd, you and Fran are in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good Monday, people.

Judy
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good late morning everyone:

It's a nice Spring day here in the land of 800,000,000 buding trees. There is a beginning of green in the trees. In another week total greenery will, once again, be the norm.

We spent most of the weekend doing yard work and some Spring cleaning. We shoveled out the garage. Living on a gravel road makes keeping a clean garage floor impossible. I gave up on it about 20 years ago. I do sweep it out often but there are still areas where things accumulate.

Tonight I will take my nephew out for his birthday dinner. He is a law student and needs a good meal. I'll just make him pay me back with legal services in the future. You never know when you'll need someone to get you out of jail.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default Sunshine

Good Morning from sunny and hot NY but of course tomorrow it will rain .

I hope everyone has a wonderful day