Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Morning Mates,
I know a lot of you are retired now, so Hump Day means nothing, but to me, I'm halfway through my last week of work!
Today is only a half day, and it's sunny out, so hope to spend some time outdoors. It's only -1C right now though, I hope it warms up a little!

Anybody got any comments on LOST from last night? Couple of OMG moments there, I was yelling at the TV again! That show makes me crazy!!

donna
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Familiar Face

Hello to all,
Beautiful day here in NC. Looks like it will be in the high 70's with beautiful sun and the most beautiful flowers every where. All the cherry trees the dogwoods then azaleas are also ready to pop into full bloom. I love this time of year.
Can't do much at work right now the printer guy let me run out of toner so I am awaiting his appearance for restock so I can do the invoices from yesterday.
Everyday seems to be getting better for my d/gd and d/d. They seem to have calmed down from the move and separation papers are in the works to be signed. I only hope that my soon to be ex SIL will be happy with his new woman. The thing that I realize is he is the one who lost out in the long run and when the new lady finds out the real ex-SIL's personality she may run the other way.
Well good health to all and enjoy your hump day. Until tomorrow- hugs to those that need them.
Kathy
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY . Spring becomes summer here in a few days with the beginning of town fairs and people getting their boats out of dockage .My area is surrounded by so many water bodies that it reminds me of the Great Lakes area of this country
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates,
Sunny and warmer here today a good day to get outside. Its a sad day for me today. I found out last night that a very dear to my heart friend from many years ago past away on April 1st when I was out of town. This person was a huge part of my life from my early teens until my early twenties. We still spoke every once in a while but Iím sorry to say we havenít in the last few years. I thought of him on a regular basis and I was thinking about him one morning when I was on vacation as I drank my coffee on the patio. Little did I know that at that point he was in the hospital suffering from kidney failure. Mike was 88. So Iím going to the cemetery today to find his final resting place and spend some time. Iím so mad a myself for not making the time to go and visit with him but like many I thought I would do it tomorrow but tomorrow never comes.
Hope all is well with everyone .Have a blessed day.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Aerogirl, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Well today is once more just perfect and lovely. It is so wonderful, yay! Well I am just about ready to wind up planting and gearing up to enjoy watching it all grow now. I passed by a seasonal plant place yesterday on my way to pay the trash bill and saw a delivery truck. I normally wouldn't stop since they are generally not open yet, but I slammed on the brakes ( I don't think the guy behind me appreciated that, but I am sure if he had realized the gravity of my immediate need for wave petunias he surely would have understood ) I pulled in and asked the lady if they were open for business, she says "well if you see something you like, I will probably sell it to ya!" She invited me to climb up in the truck and look around, so of course I did, and there on the very tippy top shelf was a flat of the very wave petunias I sought, in a pale shade of pink. I was overjoyed! So I grabbed them, put them in the back of the truck and then paid the trash bill and went home and planted them and they look beautiful. I was just happy since the stores here don't really stock them for another 2-4 weeks yet.

After that I went to go take d/d to her very first softball practice of the year. She learned that if she "hustles" her new coaches won't yell at her, so now she hustles everywhere. Last night she hustled all over the drugstore, the house, the yard and to bed, this morning she hustled in to the bath tub, so I am here to tell you there is a whole lot of hustle going on around here. Pete Rose would be proud of the little Bean!

D/s went to Karate as well last night. He is doing so well. That foot is getting stronger quickly and he is adapting just fine.

Today I have to get the kid's lesson's going in a bit, then they will go to the sitter to play with the other kids for a couple of hours while I clean, then they have piano and guitar lessons and after that I will run them home and I'll dart off to choir practice. Should be a fun evening. If I don't have a heart attack.

I mentioned that we were possibly heading to San Antonio if I got a certain contract back, well the contract didn't come when promised, but a different opportunity fell in to my lap for d/h, and it pays about 4 times as much as the San Antonio job, so we are no longer heading to San Antonio for a little combo work/family trip, but d/h will be heading to Edmonton, Alberta instead. Since airline tickets up that way are more than it costs to fly to Europe...I don't see us joining him .

Want to wish Todd and Fran safe travels as they head northward. Hope all went well with Fran's appointment yesterday.

So anywho...that's the scoop! Have a great hump Day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Just a quick good morning today. Need to jump in the shower and head down to the University for a neurology appointment.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Donna: Lost is losing it. I want to see how it turns out but you can see that they sort of threw together some ideas to come up with the ending. It's getting hard to watch.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A day of ..".mmm what do I really want to do today" in front of me. Considering temps are in the 30sF, the answer may be not too much.

I thought I might skip of back to the Scottsdale condo after the weekend, but airfare is outrageously expensive, and I have no idea why.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Good morning, everybody. Petunias, azealias . . . I can add jacarandas and myrtles . . . allergies . . . our little lemon tree is loaded. Ah, spring!

Keith is chatting away on the phone and I need to fix breakfast. Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Admiral

good day to all cruisemates
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Banned
Captain

"last week of work"????

RD> didn't you just START working at your new job?

(I want a job like that)
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Yeah Captain, I did just start - 13 weeks ago, and I knew when I did that it was only a 13 week contract. I've been looking for the next one for some time now, but don't plan to start again until I return from my May cruise....

donna