Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Is the Worst thing about cruising the Passengers?

Topic for my Blog this week is if it's the passengers that are the worst thing about cruising.

Pop on over to the Blog. You may just see you're worst cruise nightmares are about other passengers..... and you can share your stories there

Cruisemates Blog Is The Worst Thing About Cruising The Passengers? – Kuki
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Admiral

My worst cruising nighmare is falling over the deck as I cannot swim .On my last cruise I refused to partake in the lifeboat drills as I would have had to be hugging the rail.
Old April 15th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Loved the blog. Thanks. The only thing that ever bothers me on a cruise is when I encounter a mean, rude person. You know, the ones who think the staff couldn't possibly understand english unless they YELL DIRECTIONS to them about how their steak is cooked.
Makes me want to crawl under the table and hide. Yick.
Suse
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Admiral

on my last cruise on Celebrity Century..I happen to be walking past the guest relations desk with 2 warm fresh bake chocolate chip cookies when I observed this man yelling at the young lady behind the desk about something that she had no control over..there happen to be a long line in the que...i walked up along side of him, made a point of getting his attention and then present the young lady with one of the cookies and said out loud "this cookie is for you, to say thank you for being so patient with this man, whom i am sure realizes that his mother raised him to treat young ladies better then this" and walked away..the people in the que applauded and he did calm down

I went back about 30 minutes later and the young lady gave me a hug and thank me..i advised her that Celebrity must think very highly of her people skills to put her in that position and made a postive comment with her name on the survey at the end of the cruise and wrote a letter to corporate

a*&^*( hole guest can put a damper on a cruise (for a moment) but the great guest far outweigh the bad
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Good one Kuki. Yes I think it is.....

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old April 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Banned
Captain

Imagine cruising with these folks:

The French philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre proposes in his acclaimed short play Huis Clos (No Exit) that "Hell/Purgatory" is truly other people.

A group of people find themselves in Hell. There is no fire, no torment. But as they discover more of each other, they realize that they find each other to be universally repulsive, either by personality or former actions, and they are stuck with each other for eternity.

a short summary can be found at:

Sartre--No Exit Summary
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Admiral

there was a great Twilight Zone episode about this topic..this couple gets killed in a car accident having a fight about going to heaven/hell..when they "wake up' they are in a room of normal looking people who are watching a vacation slide show..the husband says to the wife, see I told you 'hell is not so bad"...however, the "slide show" and conversation is in permanent repeat mode and it drives them crazy
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Default Is the Worst Thing about Cruising the Passengers?

Perhaps the worst thing about cruising has everything to do with passengers and nothing to do with cruise lines; namely, the high cost of luggage charges. The airlines have really gone beyond the pale with their ridiculous fees.

Judy
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Admiral

these things go in cycles with the airlines..if Southwest continues to make inroads into other carriers market share due to their not charging for bags, you will see the legacy carriers roll back their bag fees but increase their base fares (exception being international travel since Southwest does not compete)

but i agree with your base premise..what makes or breaks a cruise are your fellow passengers..that's why i predict we will see a greater number of theme cruises, because it brings together more guest with a common affinity which makes the cruise that much more fun
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Kuki, what a wonderful article you wrote! I have always had the attitude, when cruising, is to expect the unexpected and to keep an open mind with everything while on a cruise ship. Nothing on a cruise is perfect just like nothing in life is perfect. What I like about cruising in the adventure of being on the sea, meeting wonderful people who I never would have met had I not been on a cruise, going to ports where I can see things, that I had never seen before, trying different restaurants, and also shopping in the ports! If a ship's itinerary must change, it is done for the safety and security of the passangers. When you sign up for a cruise it plainly states that itineraries can change. Franky, cruising is the best "value for the dollar" for any kind of traveling and in today's economy most people want value.