Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday and the weekend is here!

Morning Mates,
I don't know why I'm so excited it's Saturday, when all my days will be Saturdays for awhile... I'm temporarily unemployed once again, but actively looking for something to keep me busy.

The weather is the pits here in Caribou River. SNOW and rain are in the forecast, with an expected high of 3C, not very promising.
We are hoping to get to an outdoor flea market in town today, but I'm not sure about the weather. There's also a CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) Dog Show in town as well, so might see that too.

Tonight is Music Trivia at the pub, can't wait for that!

Todd, still thinking of you and hope you get home soon.

Oh, and in case you missed my late post yesterday, I found my purse - hiding in the backseat of the car!!

donna
Old April 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Donna congrats on finding the purse, I bet you rested much easier last night knowing you found it. It really makes me insane when I misplace stuff.

Todd, looking forward to hearing that you are fit as a fiddle and on your way home soon.

Well I have successfully procrastinated myself into a corner! The inlaws should be here sometime around Thursday or Friday and guess what, I am not ready! Not too surprising, considering how much time I have been spending outside playing in the beautiful weather. My arms are nice and tan though . I bought some viney climbing plant yesterday and a trellis... and I cant seem to find just the right place to plant it. Decisions, Decisions!

It is a crazy busy time but this too shall pass... Hope this is a great weekend for all of you!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 17th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its 46 degrees and raining .Its not expected to get warm again for another week. I hope everyone has a wonderful day .
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a cool but beautiful day here. I've been up for quite awhile. My brother is visiting from Phoenix and spent yesterday and this morning with us. He just left a while ago. We had a nice visit and I took him out for dinner to celebrate is his upcoming 63rd birthday.

Last night was funny. My brother was getting ready for bed. I offered to put new sheets on the bed in the spare bedroom because our grandson had slept in the bed for one night after the sheets were changed. He said: "Don't bother." A few minutes later I hear: "Mike, I think we have a problem." I went into the bedroom and there were two "things" on the sheet. We both looked at them for a moment and then I realized what they were. They were Rasinettes. Our grandson must have brought the box into bed with him and these two got dropped into the bed. He and his sister had made their own beds so I had no idea they were there.

We had a pretty good laugh over that one. Once my brother knew they were only candy he had no problem getting in bed. I hope he didn't lick the sheets.

Today will be a lawn mowing day and that's about it.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Captain

Good morning from a sunny but cooler Ohio. The day has already been a busy one. Living here in the country and being called rednecks we don't have to have much of an event to have a parade. This morning was our parade to open the Little League Baseball season. My 6 yr old is playing on a girls softball team so Mamaw & Papaw had to go see her in the parade. Her Dad drove his pick-up truck with all the girls loaded in the back. Our little 2 yr old rode in the cab on Mommies lap and I think she enjoyed it more than anyone. The entire parade lasted about 20 minutes as they drove through the main part of town to the ball field for opening ceremonies. We will go down there at noon to watch grandaughters game, at least for awhile.
I have to get the car loaded as at 3 or so we have to head north to Marion, Ohio for a square dance. We are meeting up with friends for dinner before the dance so that will be fun.

RD glad you found the missing purse. Enjoy all the Saturdays ahead for you.

Todd- so hoping things went well in Cleveland and your are fixed up by now.

BW- How about you coming down here and helping me with some of the planting I need to get done!!! You always seem to know what and where to plant things. I don't have a green thumb, but I can grow dandilions real good!

Mike- have fun mowing! I did that twice during the week and could stand to hit it again today but just no time on the schedule for it. The rain yesterday fueled the grass growth.

Everyone have a great weekend. Will be praying that everyone in need is doing better.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday and the Weekend is Here!

Good morning! It's sunny and will probably be warm like yesterday.

Donna, I'm glad you foud your purse, and I hope Todd is feeling much better and on his way home soon.

Keith is in a rush to go to Riverside, so I'd best shower and get some breakfast on the table.

Have a fun Saturday, everybody.

Judy
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps in Calgary zooming into the 70s today, or a taste of spring..but only forecast to last a few days befroe we're back in the 40s and 50s.

Have an engagement for an engagement party tonight. Hope it's engaging.

It's drawing ever closer to the end of my year long intentional hiatus from cruising. Ya think I might still like it?
Old April 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good afternoon!

Reply to Kuki: Nah.
Another rainy day here. Yikes. Gonna make the most of it though. Shrimp scampi for dinner and maybe head to the beaches in Southern RI tomorrow to have some more seafood.
That's about it............this is a very nice site you have here!
Enjoy your weekend wherever you are.
Suse
Old April 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Good morning from drizzly, Virginia Beach where it is just in the low 60's this afternoon. Before the drizzle started, I went to a few garage sales where I picked up some books and toys for the grandchildren. (I always like to have a few new things for them every time they come for a visit). Rollerdonna, good luck in your job search. Here, in the Tidewater area of Virginia, the pay is low since this is a navy town but even here, jobs are hard to come by. Where I work, both the pay and hours have been cut. It's amazing how you can learn to manage your money when you have less to work with! Thank G-d garage sales are plenty here with military people being transferred out of the area and they have a weight limit, depending on rank, when they move so many almost give stuff away!
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Sunny and cool here. Kind of a lazy day for me. Going to Great America tomorrow for a company outing and it's not open to the public yet so I'm expecting much shorter lines. Need some coffee to get some get up and go because mine got up and went!!
Hope you all have a great day!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014