Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday, Bad Weather Day!

Morning Mates,
The weather here in Pictou County can only be described as "Snorainsleet" with a few chunks of hail thrown in for good measure. It is just miserable!

Yesterday we drove about 300 kms round trip and ran into some of the worst rain, wind and fog I've ever seen. Not to mention the snow when we started out.
I'm not going far today, just into town for my Aquafit class, then I intend to stay warm and dry at home the rest of the day!

I hear things are looking up with the flights, Trip, you must be relieved!
All the performers and musicians at the Canadian Juno awards the other night were stranded in St. John's Newfoundland with the backup of flights.
Brian Adams never even made it there, he was stranded in the UK!

Todd, home you and Fran are home by now, and relaxing in familiar surroundings....

donna
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Texas, where it looks like the weather is starting to improve. We have been under a rain cloud for the last 4 days.

The grass and flowers sure did appreciate it, but I sure needed to get some outside things done.

I have a list of things I need to do today. Most require the telephone. Waiting on Nancy to call, as well as finalizing our Alaska cruise as far as transportation from the airport to the hotel in Seattle.

Found out yesterday that Jim has orders already for Iraq. Crap.... It seems like we have just done one of these. The good news is this trip will help to shut down operations over there. He won't be leaving until next year, so at least we have a little time.

I have therapy this afternoon, and then house cleaning. What a mess this place can get into.

I do hope that Todd and Fran are home safely.

Donna, Please be careful. A good book and a blanket sounds like just what you need.

Speaking of books. I am reading the new Kitty Kelly book about Oprah. It is really good, and gives a lot of insight of the woman.

I hope all of you have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well made it out to dinner last night to celebrate my parents long suffering relationship...oops I meant their 47th anniversary. My sister, brother, Laura a very distant cousin and good friend to my sis some of you met on the Bloggers Cruise My parents were nearly an hour late for the event but we had a fun visit never the less. Went out to a very well established eatery that has now been passed to the 2nd and 3rd generation of the Poulos family. Pete the patriarch passed away a couple of years ago. I miss his cordial greeting when I would walk through the door . The minute I entered he'd look at me and a his eyes would light up, he'd smile real big and exclaim OUZO! It wasn't so much a question but a statement. Many years ago I worked at a nearby newspaper, one night we had a Halloween party outside afterhours and it was an unseasonably cold night. So I kept running over to the restaurant and getting shots of Ouzo to get me warmed up. He remembered that and from then on, Ouzo! was my customary greeting. I missed him last night, he was a very sweet man.

Well spring cleaning is underway again. Things are looking better. I feel like I am sort of getting a better handle on things around here. I hope to have the majority of it done today, but then again who am I kidding, it never really ends, it just ebbs and flows...right now it is ebbing lol.

So that's it for now. Hope you all have a great day! Welcome home Todd and Fran!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny and very warm NY .I hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A glorious day here in Beantown,and I am smiling, but will be indoors on this vacation day, with Lucy and Aiden...Is it 4pm yet?

Rd, I am optimistic, about my travel on Thursday, but ready to unpack if need be...Heathrow is still closed, as others open..we shall see...

Todd, I hope the hills of Tennessee are making you smile today...xoxo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Trip,

I just realized that you are leaving. I hope you have a great cruise. Have you been to England before, and how long will you be gone?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday, Bad Weather Day!

Our bad weather day is yet to arrive. The sun is shining but temps have dropped. No more balmy.

I have to get some breakfast on the table, then set up the ironing board. There's a pile of stuff waiting to be attacked. I'm still hoping for a trip to Pasadena befoe those big drops of rain appear.

Hope Todd and Fran are safe at home.

Judy
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from in the upper 60's, Virginia Beach. As my usual routine, I went to the gym, did some laundry, and then met a girlfriend for lunch. I am thrilled that warm weather days are in and am counting the days until our December cruise! Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates.
Old April 20th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good (yes it's still) Morning cruisemates! Sunny and temps in the 70s for Calgary for a few more days apparently.

Had to take my mother's car into a body shop today for some minor repairs from a bump someone gave her in a parking lot last summer. Just got around to dealing with it now. I keep hoping someone is going to tell her she can no longer drive, but so far no Dr. has had the guts.

Our golf course finally opens tomorrow, so I have to get all home front paperwork and bills caught up today, so I can hit the links tomorrow.