Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Admiral

Default Get outta' bed, it's Hump Day!

Hump Day is here and Fran and I are starting to recover from our respective colds.

I wasn't supposed to drive for a few days after my procedure in Cleveland so our return yesterday was chauffeured totally by my darling niece Deanna (whose Dad Steve is my older brother) with the final leg from her home to Greeneville being driven by her father with her hubby following so that Steve could have a way to get back the 100 miles back home.

With Deanna driving, I wouldn't have been surprised were we to have passed the entire front row of the NASCAR race next Sunday at Talladega.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday and henceforth, hopefully I'll be on a more regular schedule.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I can't say good morning, as I haven't gone to bed yet. It's still Tues here
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning!! Todd it is nice to know you are both home safe and on the road to recovery. I have been awake mostly since midnight Very restless this morning. My work day should be fun!
Kuki, I am sure you are probably slumbering in your nice warm bed by now but I will say sweet dreams anyway.
I hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is indeed wonderful to wake up to a post from Todd saying he made it home safe and sound!

The sun is shining, my house is halfway clean...not too bad for a Wednesday morning. Now I just have to finish the other half. Oh well. D/H is working from home today. The kids are still asleep. In a bit the neighbor will call and tell me he has the community cat in the pet carrier waiting to be taken in for a snip. Essentially we have this neighbor who is a terrible pet owner they have lots of animals the run loose wreaking havoc and they brought home this cat a couple of years ago. This cat pees everywhere, is deaf from ear mites and has been neglected except for the good neighbor feeding him and what he scavenges from us. He is a little lost soul no one cares about. Well the bad neighbor is selling their house (and we figure this kitty is going to be left behind most likely) so we need to get him cared for since he is in pretty bad shape all the way around. So I am taking him in to get his ears cleaned out and to get him fixed so he'll stop spraying. I will pick him up on Friday and that will be that! I don't really care what the owners think.

So anyhow, I just have more cleaning to do today and then tomorrow I will be working outside the house and in the fifth wheel getting it ready for our guests. Aside from that there isn't much else to report. Hope you all have a great Hump Day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM
Admiral

I'm sure glad Todd is home safe and sound and was able to start the morning thread early - apparently even before Kuki got to bed!
I slept in till 9:30 this morning, no reason other than sheer laziness!

The weather is about the same, cold, dull, gray, but I think it's finally stopped raining... We are due for some nicer days and warmer temps SOON!

Last night found me sitting on edge and shouting at my TV as I usually do on Tuesday nights. LOST is driving me crazy right up to the last episode at the end of next month. I am going to be in serious withdrawl all summer....

Tonight, Trivia Night at the pub, I will gather up all the useless facts stored in my brain and try to win a prize!

donna
Old April 21st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Familiar Face

Hello everyone,
A bit cloudy today and it rained a much needed rain last night. Hopefully will wash some of the pollen away. My allergies are bad this time of year. The phones are slow at work and the clouds make me sleepy.Hopefully everyone has a good hump day and all travelers are safe and having fun.
Kathy
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

A busy day today. A visit to my lawyer is on tap. He called and said he wants more of my money.

Otherwise that's about it. Todd: I'm glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.

To everyone: Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning all,
Like the rest of my Cruisemates I’m happy to hear Todd & Fran made it home safe and sound.
No to much going on today. My son had no school due report card pick up so we might run to the mall and look at some shoes. I took him yesterday to get his hair cut and boy did he need it. It’s nice to see his face again, I forgot what he looked like! A beautiful day here in the city everything is green and growing nicely . I definitely need to move some of my plants around before they get any bigger. That’s it on this end , have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 21st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids.
Purdy as a picture here....I have already been out and about..my hair color boo boo, turned me first into Lucy red,so I bought a product. called OOPS..it's supposed to being you back to what you had before you boo-boo'ed

So.....now I am blonde..as in like 10/12 yrs ago, blonde I decided to leave it, and ran out to get some blonde color, before my International phone was delivered...I leased one to use, in case I am Heathrow for a month: Send me your phone numbers, and, I will give you all a ringy dingy

Todd, so glad you and Fran are back home....chillax for a while now,and enjoy the spring there...xoxo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 21st, 2010, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Yup, I got some sleep and am now ready to face the beautiful temps awaiting us in Calgary. Temps heading to the mid 70sF , and so I get to wear shorts to the opening of our golf club.

Trip... hope your fligth tomorrow kicks off as planned... Just ignore all the zombies at the airport oggling your boarding pass .... and more importantly make it back safe.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Texas where it is spring time, but is suppose to get hot today. I still have the windows open, but will most likely have to close them later.

I am also glad to hear from you, Todd. Glad you are home safe. I think within a few more days we would have started to panic about your condition.

Yesterday was my last therapy. I think it is time to see if I have learned to walk this world on my own. We were talking yesterday about all my improvements, and he asked what was the first thing I thought of when I heard Jim was going back to Iraq? Know what it was? "Oh no I hope I don't loose another child" Strange huh.

Today I need to finish cleaning, and to clean up the back yard. Last night after we went to sleep our largest dog got the snacks Josh left out. Pulled them through the doggie door, and had a snack in the back yard. We still do not know what all she ate, but going to the bathroom today might be interesting.

I also need to call the car service in Seattle. The airlines have once again changed our flight time. This is the third time, and it keeps getting worse, so I hope they will stop.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Get Outta Bed, It's Hump Day

Good morning, everybody! Well, the sun is shining but I don't know for how long. Supposed to be a very unstable week.

Todd, I am glad you are among us again.
Trip, have a safe flight.

We received a notice from the water company tht they will turn off our water from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to "make repairs," whatever that means. What a pain. Last year, the electric company did that, and we had no power from early morning to about 10 p.m. We'll probably give up later and visit a big mall where it's enclosed (warm and dry), there are restaurants, and bathrooms.

Judy
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from rainy, Virginia Beach. This morning I did my gym routine and then headed to Kohls where I had garnered a $10 coupon in the mail. (dedicated shopper that I am, I always, always, take advantage of freebies or things that on sale). Then it was back home for lunch and folding wash. Todd, it was great to hear that you and Fran are safely back home. I must admit, as Dorothy says, in "the Wizard of Oz", "there's no place like home". Hope you all have a great day!
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, good afternoon from sunny RI. We are drying out. Lots of excitement here lately.
It has been very interesting in my back yard though. There's a red fox who's hanging around daily. Good think I have no chickens. Love that old saying, "fox guarding the henhouse". We in RI understand that expression.
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
I'm sure glad Todd is home safe and sound and was able to start the morning thread early - apparently even before Kuki got to bed!
I slept in till 9:30 this morning, no reason other than sheer laziness!

The weather is about the same, cold, dull, gray, but I think it's finally stopped raining... We are due for some nicer days and warmer temps SOON!

Last night found me sitting on edge and shouting at my TV as I usually do on Tuesday nights. LOST is driving me crazy right up to the last episode at the end of next month. I am going to be in serious withdrawl all summer....

Tonight, Trivia Night at the pub, I will gather up all the useless facts stored in my brain and try to win a prize!

donna
Donna you really need a cruise

laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain