Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday, Happy Earth Day!

Morning Mates!
It's finally stopped raining (and snowing) in Pictou County, and the sun is shining on this fine Earth Day. Temp is only 3C but expected to warm up, so I think I will do my part for Earth Day and finish cleaning up the yard.
Not only is there garden debris, but it seems a lot of the construction done on this house and garage left a lot of debris strewn in the woods, so I have my work cut out for me. I could probably use a dumpster!

Other than a bank appointment this morning, not much else is planned.
I could get used to this life of leisure.....

donna
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
I am getting started on my 2nd cup of coffee. I just finished making a list of stuff that needs to be done before my inlaws arrive tomorrow. It has been a very busy week so far.

It is a shame that it is supposed to rain the entire time they are here. I was hoping they would be able to enjoy the warmer weather and flowers down here, that have not yet occurred up in their neck of the woods in Canada. I have a lot of work ahead of me today.

d/s's birthday is Sunday. Hard to believe he is almost 10. He is such a cool kid. I am so lucky to have him and his sister.

I am looking forward to Todd's post this morning. I miss him when he's not around.

Well I guess I better get off my duff, since this list I made, isn't going to get done without me... bummer!

Have a great Thursday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Happy Earth Day from sunny and hot NY .I attended the first Earth Day celebration in NYC's Central Park in 1970 . It was a blast .
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning all,
Sunny and mild temps here today with a good rain coming our way this weekend and we oh so need it.
Off to the podiatrist today for a second shot of cortisone hopefully that will take care of this plantar fasciitis that came back. See what happens when you work out to hard!!!
B.W. I always looked forward to the outlaws ,oh I mean inlaws coming for a visit.
Thatís it here I hope everyone had a great day!! Happy Earth Day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cool, cloudy, and windy Texas.

I finished the book about Oprah last night. It is really good, and a easy read. Here are some fun facts.

Her favorite house is in Calif. It cost 50 million dollars. From the front gate to the front door is 5 miles. It is paved with bricks, and each one was place by hand.

Her closet is 3400 square feet, which makes it bigger than my house. Her clothes are kept in drawers that are made of glass. There are 1000 drawers. Her tub is made of Jade.

She just upgraded her Jet. When she flys, she insist that the pliots not wake her until she has 7 hours of sleep, or until she wakes up. If this has not happened by the time they arrive, they have to wait on the plane, until she has completed her sleep.

She does not like the smell of Jet fuel, so the Jet is gassed before she arrives, and the staff pop corn in the plane, so that is what she smells once she comes aboard.

I love fun facts...

Not much going on here today. Just a list of things to take care of.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a glorious day here in upper East Tennessee!

Thank you ever so much for your warm comment Beenie, comments such as yours truly do make peoples's day.

I'm afraid it's going to rain here this weekend as well and that is a big bummer as this is the weekend we conduct our roadblock for our animals at the Humane Society. In any event, I'm not going to be out there for somewhat obvious reasons.

Have to take a new drug known as Tekosen (well, it's new to me anyway). That is the reason I had to spend extra time in Cleveland. Not every physician can prescribe it nor can just any pharmacy fill it. Finally got everything straightened out on all fronts and will be getting it at my local CVS.

Am getting ready to take Fran to pick up her "milkshakes" (yeah right! Ugggghhh) for her CT scans tomorrow. We know they're going to find problems we just don't know how bad they'll be. We're hoping it is only the hugely swollen lymph node in her neck. If so, she will probably have it excised. Only time will tell and we've been doing a lot of praying recently.

One thing about that new drug I'm taking, it is incompatible with Metformin so so I had to stop the Metformin. s a result, my sugar has been going through the roof. My family physician is having me take ten units of insulin before bedtime and it does work. Dropped my sugar from 366 all the way down to 340. Guess I'll be doing some adjusting in that department as well.

Well that's about it from the "Greeneville Clinic." Hope all 'o you'uns have a marvelous day and especially you April as it's your birthday.

Say Henry, isn't about time for you to step up to the old "surgical" plate for you back repair?

Todd
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Todd,

Praying for Fran. Please give her my love.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday, Happy Earth Day!

The rains have blown away, the sun is shining, and it's cold!

Looks like it will be a non-stormy day for the Pasadena Showcase House tour that Keith and I will attend this afternoon. I look forward to this every year, but I can't remember one that was so wintery. We will bundle up today!

Todd, wow, I freak out in the mornings when the so-called "dawn phenomena" makes my blood sugar climb to 160. Haven't tested yet this morning. MY thoughts and prayers will be with Fran.

Donna and BW, don't get back problems from too much physical labor.

Judy
Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Admiral

It's in the lower 60's in Virginia Beach this afternoon. After I went to the gym, I did the food shopping for the week. Now, I am finally going to make the bed and put the garbage out since tomorrow is trash pick up day. My thoughts go to Todd and Fran; Todd, may the new medicine work and may Fran's tests prove good. Have a great Thursday!!!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Roll on Summer,,,hopefully we get one