Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Admiral

Default Good Heavens, it's already Hump Day Wednesday!

Good morning all of my beloved CruiseMates including those at sea! Here it is approximately 0235 hrs., 5 May 2010 and I can't believe everyone is still asleep.......saving of course those who have yet to go to bed, especially in Kuki's neck of the woods.

I thank Beenie Weenie so much for picking up the slack with this thread in Rollerdonna's absence but if you wait for me to routinely open up, you might be going to bed by the time I get it done.

Got my lawn mowed yesterday. It certainly is beautiful with all of the shrubbery and extraneous crap removed. I just get out and walk up to the back of the property that overlooks the higher foothills of the mountains. On a non humid day the mountains are not hazy and the vista is just gorgeous. Fran laughs and tells me I get excited by the darnedest things such as when I get done mowing. I tell her it's a "guy thing." She would think it beautiful too but I doubt she's ever seen this particular view in the Spring and Summer months. I vaguely recall her going out back one time several years ago in June. I heard a scream and this five foot four inch wisp of a thing ran right back into the house without bothering to open the storm door. Turned out she saw a flying insect . I considered renting her out to local law enforcement as she knocks down doors faster'n that ram with two officers on it. I'm going to compose a new version of that country hit by Kenny Rogers, "Coward of the County" and entitle it "Coward of the Bugs." I guess that's why Fran is a hermit. Was talking with a close neighbor the other day and Fran hollered out the door for something and the woman looked at me with astonishment and said, "I didn't know you were married!" Well okay, maybe not all not that bad but sometimes I do wonder.

Today's supposed to be another glorious one here in upper East Tennessee with a high in the mid 80's. Only thing on tap today is a pulmonary function test as I'm told I now have emphysema. I looked at my close friend and family physician and wheezed, "Gosh you're good J.R. Did you ever consider becoming a rocket scientist?"

I have added Ray's Helen to the prayer list and ask for everyone else who maintains something similar to do the same. Prayers of course continue accompanied by a call for Blessings upon all. Now, I think I'll go lie down for a little nap.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Admiral

Good Hump day evening! (8:53PM)

Had an easy time on wonderful Autumn day.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Greetings "Mates". Well the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from a trip to "Beenie" territory, (Indiana), for my 50th high school reunion. We truly had a wonderful time, reconnecting with lots of people, many of whom I haven't seen in 50 years. (I went into the Marine Corps right out of high school) We have one classmate who has done a wonderful job of tracking down all of us, with only one exception. Truly a great job.
Well, I've missed all of my Cruise Mates, and am anxious to get back to the job of reading all the latest. Thanks for being there for me, and Mrs. Jones.

Ken
"SKY"
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from hot and sunny NY . Next year is my HS 50th reunion ,I'm unofficially on the reunion committee trying to locate as many "lost" alum as possible .I've found 26 over the past 2 years .
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Good morning and happy Hump day all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny Connecticut.

Happy humpday

May your troubles be few and your cruises be many.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates (Good Evening to you Liam)!
Well it is indeed another glorious day. I am sitting here waiting for 2 tankers full of water to arrive. I don't dare try to fill the pool with my well for it will surely run dry.

Yesterday was a good day. Got a lot done and the pool up without incident. It seemed like a huge undertaking at the time but everything went like clockwork, just d/s and I got the thing put up in about 2.5 hours.

My furry little refugee is doing well in his hiding place. He gets cuter every day but I am afraid he gets a little testy when I have to leave before he is done getting all his lovin's. He does have a bit of an attitude at times. But what are you going to do? Things will get better for him, when the bad people are gone.

Today I have to get the kids to learn something, and to practice piano and guitar since they have lessons tonight, then I have choir practice as well.

Todd, you and Fran are on my mind and in my prayers.

Hang in there and have a good hump day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny and warm, Virginia Beach. I have not been on cruisemates for the past couple of days. On Monday, my husband, Rob learned that he is going to be laid off from work. His company, lost a major contract with the government so Rob will take early retirement. Rob is fortunate, compared to the younger workers who are being laid off, because he gets a retirement and medical benefits from the navy and our children are grown and married. Unlike many people, we have never lived above our means. I know that with G-d's help, we will "make it" and still be able to cruise. What a wonderul community cruisemates is!
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Good Heavens, It's already Hump Day Wedneday

Good morning from Southern California. Summer has definitely landed! All the flowers are gorgeous.

Keith must go to the DMV today to renew his driver's license. Other than that, there are no plans.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!... where winter is hanging on by i's very long nails. Temps today struggling to make 40 F., and snow being blown around by high winds.

Have to wind up the pre-cruise preparations beginning today, since I'm leaving Saturday. With our weather, unfortunately no way to sneak in a couple of pre-cruise golf games.

So it means today is drab pre-cruise stuff, pay bills, banking errands, maybe some shopping for a new pair of running shoes.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/