Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Default TGIF and the weekend begins today at five!

Just have time for a quick opening this morning before it's into the shower for still another appointment.

Yet another gorgeous day today is on tap here in upper East Tennessee. The mountains are absolutely breathtaking. There has been little humidity for the past couple of days and that means little or no haze on the mountains. Course that'll probably end today 'cause there aren't too many days out of the year that happens. 'Reckon that's why they call 'em The Great Smoky Mountains.

Just was thinking, has anyone heard from Beenie Weenie? It's only been a day or so but I can't tell you the last day she didn't post.

Hope everyone has a "short" workday. Remember, five this afternoon will be here before you know it and then.................get outta' my way, it's PARTY CITY!

Blessings continue for all those on the list accompanied by a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Texas where it is suppose to be a warm one today.

This time next week we will be on our way to the airport to go to Charleston. This time instead of flying to Dallas and then to Charleston, we are flying to Houston instead. I have never been that close to Galveston without taking a cruise, so it will be strange.

This has been a terrible week for me. I finally figured out it's because of all the Mothers Day ads on TV. Funny how something like that can change your mood. It makes it worse, because I am a mother to a son I love so much, but yet I am the mother of another son, I can't hold in my arms. Oh well, this to shall pass.

Not much planned for today. Still trying to keep up with the dog hair in the house, and trying to live one day at a time.

Much love to all,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Todd sorry I was MIA yesterday... I was dealing with a self inflicted "pool emergency" and it had to be resolved or else 12,000 gallons of water were going to be released into my yard. To put it in a nutshell, we put up the pool and all looked really good, that was until it was almost completely full of water. Then all at once it was as though a couple of the poles that support the steel frame sunk deeper into the ground on one side. Then I heard a snap and a lurching sound as the entire pool shifted sideways over toward the two sunken legs and so it started leaning, and then it was leaning a little more... you've got the picture. To add insult to injury, I suspect there were some preexisting holes in the liner since small amounts of water started to pool around the legs, so I called the store manager where I bought it and he agreed to give me a refund once I could figure out what to do with 12,000 gallons of water and disassemble the behemoth to bring it back to them.
Every scenario I came up with involved flooding a yard and a cow pasture, and making a huge mess as well as having to bring in more water by tanker as an added expense. So I decided I would contact anyone I could think of who has a bobcat, to see if they could get over here asap to make me a nice level circle and ensure the ground is sufficiently compacted. Then I went to several stores looking for just the right sized pool and finally I found it and bought it, since they didn't carry what I wanted at the place I bought the first one. I finally got a guy on a Bobcat to show up at 3:00 he and his son worked hard and did a great job removing sod and getting it just perfect. Had to break away to take d/d to her softball practice and they were done around 5:30.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, the filled pool continued to list more and more to one side, and rain was forecasted during the night... that's all I needed was more water. So I am happy to report that the new pool was assembled and started to be filled by 8:00. I took two immersion pumps to pump the water out of the listing pool and into the new pool. I set my alarm for 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. and went out to check on it. At 3:00 it was starting to lightening and thunder, so I unplugged and removed the pumps and then went back to bed until about 7:30 this morning then started up the pumps again, the pool is about 2/3's full and so I am pretty satisfied at this point with the whole process.

The kids are still sleeping and in a bit I must go wake them up. Looks like they will be going to Grandma's today, and spending the night there. I think they will be fishing and whooping it up, but that will depend on the weather. My girlfriends all want to get together tonight, and that is a rare treat indeed. I am so looking forward to it. I've been having pain in my sternum for the past week, went to the doc for it and we both figured it was costochondritis (inflammation and discomfort where the ribs connect to the catilage of the sternum) and so he sent me home some anti-inflammatories for the pain which I thought were helping, but yesterday the pain came back with a vengeance, so I am thinking that after I drop the kid's off I may go to the urgent care and get checked out. Chest pain is not something to mess with. My cholesterol and BP is always fine, but pain is a warning sign of something. So off I go.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Happy TGIF from warm and sunny NY
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning all,
Rain and clouds here today, a good day for a nap!! Nothing exciting for me today just taking the kid to school and a quick trip to the Jewel. I was going to help a friend start a garden today but I'll have to see if the rain is going to stop long enough to get some of it started. Hope RD & Mike are having a great time on their cruise.
BW are we having a pool party this summer??

Have a good day everyone.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Captain

Good Morning All from the windy Atlantic coast of Canada. We've had a string of wonderful weather but today it is decidely cooler with a very strong wind. I'm so glad that it is Friday! I am hoping to start unpacking the suitcases from our recent Glory cruise and hoping to dig into putting the house back together. I can't decide if I am wishing that the weekend would bring sunshine and warm temperatures so that I can get things done outside or if I am hoping that it will bring rain and nasty weather so that I can just putter on the inside.

We are hoping to book our cruise for February 2011 later on today or early tomorrow so that will give us something to look forward to for sure.

Luanne, I am especially thinking of you as mother's day draws nearer, I can only imagine how hard these events are for you but I'm praying that you'll find the strength you need to get through. Todd, still praying for you and for your beloved.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Weather in Calgary is best described as "crappy" Highs are still struggling to get to 40F.

Guess the good thing is I have one more sleep until I leave for NY. Saturday night in "the city", then board Veendam early Sunday.

Have some errands to do with my mother today before leaving... so that will consume most of today.

Beenie... hope you get this figured out QUICK (your health, not your pool)
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Luanne,

I'm so very sorry you're going through another rough period, I know this might sound trite, but but hang in there darlin' as this too shall pass.

I also am very concerned about that pain in your chest B/W. For Heaven's sake, please get that checked out NOW! i assure you, I speak from experience.

And as soon as you do, get right back here and let us know what you find out. Then we'll all be able to breathe again!

Todd
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Kuki,

How is your mothers health these days. She she still getting around good?

Thank you Twolittle, It is very difficult, but we will get through it.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Default TGIF and the Weekend begins today at Five!

A late good morning to you! It's a beautiful sunny day here in SoCal.

Nothing special happenin', just a couple of errands and lunch locally.

Judy
Old May 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Just an update since I know I hate to be left dangling...thought I'd give you all the scoopy on the poopy.

The doc ran all the cardiac blood tests, gave me a couple of shots of toradol, did chest Xrays and an EKG and pronounced my problem is musculo-skeletal in nature (most likely costochondritis) and prescribed some heavy duty meds to help with the pain, anti inflammatories and a few other things to nip it.

The pain is still there, but I feel better just knowing I am not in danger of imminent cardiac arrest. That is very reassuring. I really appreciate your concern.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Admiral

Good evening all.

Just checking in for today. BW, I'm so glad you got a complete checkup. Hope the meds take effect fast for you. After reading your pool story, I am more convinced than ever that you would be the first person I would want in my life boat.

Luanne, you are doing so well. I'm keeping you in my prayers as you face these days that hold such mixed feelings for you.

Prayers going out for you too, Ray. I read your post about Helen, and my heart goes out to both of you.

Prayers for all of you.
I'm hoping to book the Cruisemates Allure cruise when Nancy returns on Monday. I don't know if anyone else has booked that one or not.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Phyll