Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default Hey, it's getaway Friday!

And that's what we're preparing to do this morning. Fran is packing up and after breakfast, we leave for home.

I have a confession to make. I hit the second bookstore yesterday and bought two more books. One, a pictorial history of the First World War was still wrapped in plastic, retailed for fifty dollars and for which I paid twenty. The other was another volume on WWII that sold for thirty dollars but for which I paid $6.99. All in all, not bad for two days.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday. When we get home around noon it's mowing time but as it's so much easier since the excess flora was removed, I am kinda' looking forward to it.

Prayers and Blessings continue and hope all of you'uns have a marvelous weekend!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm but stormy NY .I hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all, its a dreary dark damp cloudy morning here in Mass, and my allergies are kicking my butt, had to double up on my allergy meds and have a wicked sinus headache, but hey the sun is supposed to come out for the weekend, so its all good. have a great day
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is a sunny day today,and my hope is that the weather holds out for a few days without any rain.

D/D has her first softball game tomorrow. She is excited to say the least. Things with the kitties are going pretty good. They are getting along pretty well and I got the cat door installed which allows them both to pass between the house and garage without us having to be here to open the doors.

Got a phone call yesterday I had been expecting for at least 10-15 years... My Sister called to inform me that our Brother's wife met a guy on the internet who is in Alabama, unemployed, no assets aside from the trailer he lives in and she is leaving my Brother for this prime candidate. Fortunately they do not have any children caught up in this mess. My Brother married her and has basically kept her in her splendor, in spite of overbearing, demanding behavior and the fact that she is generally pretty lazy and rarely worked to contribute to the household expenses. What a deal eh? Looks like she'll finally get what she deserves. I am staying out it and keeping my mouth shut (except to you guys ) Because I have no doubt in a short period of time she will come back begging forgiveness, claiming she found the error of her ways and who knows if he will take her back or not. The track record is not in his favor, so I figure the best thing for me to do is...nothing. I am sure that if he needs help he'll call me, otherwise I will offend no one, if I say nothing.

I have lots to do to start packing for our cruise in about 3 weeks. I just talked to the cat sitter and they will come over in a week or two so we can cover everything that needs to be done while we're gone. My docs are printed. The passports are ready to go and I really need to start thinking about packing a suitcase. It is so much easier when you are driving to the port rather than flying.

Well I hope you all have a great day! Gotta go do some stuff before I end up forgetting what I was supposed to be doing.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

Beautiful warm day here is NC. Busy weekend planned -DGD's first prom is this weekend and we all are excited about it. Then to plant some rose bushes in the front yard and a family get together Sunday. BW-- I know how you feel. MY SIL did the same thing to my daughter. Married 19 years and met an old girlfriend from middle school and started talking to her on the internet and now they are separated and heading for divorce. Last week he stated that he probably made a mistake and wanted my daughter back but she told him no luck -she had already moved and was not going back because she could never trust him again. I must say the Megan the grandchild has kept her mom grounded to see the big picture and hopefully she will stick to her ground and stay separated. Everyone have a grand weekend.
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Default Het It's Getaway Friday

Good morning from sunny Southern California. The warmth has started, and it feels good.

Got great news from the doctor yesterday regarding the diabetes. Not so great about the left arm. Looks like a nerve was pinched during the mastectomy surgery. It gets numb and I can't sleep on that side, either. Nothing to be done, I guess. They did x-ray it, though.

Got a pile of ironing awaiting me. Keith says his vertigo is better, so he'll probably go to the gym today.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Good evening fellow cruisemates; I got off to a late start this morning sleeping until 10:00 a.m. Following breakfast, I cleaned the house, threw on a wash, and then ironed. Then, Rob and I dumped more items at the nearby thrift store and it was then time to go out to a great Japanese restaurant for lunch. After looking at the market online, I decided not tp buy any stocks today; there's always next week! Todd, one can never have too many books. Rob's father owned a book store in Detroit so our house has many good books. There is a place, not too far from Massanutten, a timeshare in Virginia, that is a big outlet for books but I can't remember the name of the place. I do know that Rob and I had a "field day" there! Hope all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their weekend.
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Ah Balabusta, absolutely! My all time favorite Book "Store" in the country is the Green Valley Book Fair held in Mt. Crawford Virginia. With over a half million volumes at up to 90 percent off, it is a "cheap" reader's paradise.

The book fair is a commercial operation that opened I think back in the forties. As famous as it is, it's not in a city or town but is actually planted smack dab right in the middle of farm country about five miles off I-81. If you didn't see the signs or know approximately where it's located, you might unknowingly drive right by it. It is open for about two weeks every two months. During the "off time" they're restocking. Not only have we stopped there on our trips back from New York (that just happened to coordinate with their openings) but Fran and I have actually driven up there twice. It's an over nighter but it's a mini vacation for Fran and a bonanza for me.

Todd
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Todd, thanks so much for giving a name to that wonderful place to buy books! If Rob and I are near Massanutten, again, we plan on going to the Green Valley Book Fair. A person at the timeshare we had stayed had told us about this place and we are forever greatful!