Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

View Poll Results: Which Handbag do you like best?
A. Color Me Pretty 7 46.67%
B. Artisan Tote 3 20.00%
C. Boot Scoot Boogie 3 20.00%
D. Black Beauty 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Default Poll which American West handbag

Hi all,
I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on an American West Handbag. I thought it would be a good poll question. I will put up 4 hand bags I like the best and you vote on your favorite handbag. The names are the collect each hand bag belongs to.

A. Color Me Pretty

B. Artisan Tote

C. Boot Scoot Boogie

D. Black Beauty

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Admiral

I vote "D" Black Beauty, because it will go with your little black cocktail cruising dress that you can wear on your next cruise or when your husband brings you to New Orleans for Mardi Gras ::

what in the blazes do women put in these bags..thank God, you will never see males on this site, do a survey for wallets ;::: are they all in the same price range
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Admiral

I voted A but B is a close second.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

Kat .... only because I had to pick ONE .. I voted A!

But I would want them ALL!

TC

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by T C View Post
Kat .... only because I had to pick ONE .. I voted A!

But I would want them ALL!

TC
I had a hard time limiting to only 4 handbags. So many that I liked.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Awesome bags, Kat! I picked Boot Scoot Boogie, because it just really caught my eye and looks sexy. But I also liked Color Me Pretty a lot!

Carnival Magic-3/12, Carnival Magic-11/11, Carnival Glory-2/11, Carnival Splendor-8/10, Carnival Conquest-1/10, Mariner of the Seas-3/09, Carnival Spirit-1/08, Grand Princess-12/06, Rhapsody of the Seas-12/05, Grand Princess-12/04, NCL Dream-12/03, MS Zuiderdam-12/02

Old May 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Admiral

D because Black is beautiful
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default c

I cannot vote til I see the asking pricr for each.
The price will always govering the selection.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old May 16th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Admiral

RayB, after your question I decided to google those handbags. Well any of them would have to be a BIG Discount for me buy. But the first one is the least expensive, just over $100. The others run up to over $200.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Admiral

I was thinking Birthday present. The Color my pretty is the cheapest at $138. My last hand bag was $30 so I'm not sure I can bring myself to pay this much money for a bag. I do really love the designs they are unique and well made. But are the $100 well made, I'm not sure.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Admiral

I don't understand hand bag prices. I just cannot comprehend when my wife was given a Gucci hand bag by her niece over twenty years ago. Even back then, I think the bag cost something over 400 bucks! I about choked when I discovered the thing is made of ........ PLASTIC ! !
Today what appears to be a similar if a bit more ornate bag as Fran's is retailing at over $1,100!

There is a segment of society wherein some folks brag about how much they paid for something rather than most of us who brag about bargains we get. I know, because I knew someone who did that.

I remember when companies would pay to advertise. Then along came Budweiser who actually sold stuff with their name and logo...and guys bought it and still are buying it! Every other company jumped on the band wagon and it's gone hog wild ever since!

Used to be one knew that something was really good by the craftsmanship and materials. Those days are long gone. If you don't believe me, check out the material and the place of origin where the item was made on that next Tommy Hilfiger casual sport shirt for which your considering paying 45 bucks.

Appears as if Phineas T. Barnum was right after all!

Todd
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Hi Todd I'm big on quality it's what caught my eye about these handbags.
But I did go into a store in town and view the Color Me Pretty bag in person. It is leather and a fine quality handbag. It's still over a hundredth dollars.

The mass market stuff like Coach doesn't look as good to me. I like Brighton handbags as well. I have never purchased one because of cost. But both these companies are smaller companies that seem quality oriented to me. There products look nicer to me. I don't want the latest trend I prefer something unique and interesting. Something you don't see everyday.

This is from the American West website.
American West
Our Quality – Our Promise to You

Individually hand crafted one-at-a-time, our bags are made of 100% hand-picked genuine leather with constant attention to quality and durability. We stand behind our product with an unconditional lifetime manufacturers’ guarantee by repairing or replacing any product. With such a commitment to quality, it is no accident that American West handbags have become classics in their own right, proudly worn by loyal customers for many years.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 17th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Admiral

The boot scoot boogie is a real beauty.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Admiral

Kat...your husband will surprise you and purchase all 4 bags for you
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Question Which one

Since I have met you.. I say NONE OF THEM.. you are too feminine for those clunkers, maybe and I'm not even going to vote for it.. the one with the roses..Name brand bags such as Coach leave me cold..I prefer to buy from an artisan at a craft show for something serious. In my backroom I have a chest of drawers that is filled with bags and one bag is more than 50 years old.. the newest fun bag I just picked up in Cozumel.. purple folded gum wrappers or something..and of course my parrot bags.No, those bags do not do you justice, forget it..keep shopping.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Admiral

I too voted for "Boot Scootin' Boogie". It just caught my eye, and reminds me of the top of your "little black dress". They are all very attractive IMO.

"SKY"
Old May 17th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Admiral

"A" is my first choice with "B" second.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Default Poll Which American West Handbag

We all have our personal preferences, but I agree with Parrotmom. I don't like any of them not being into the Western look.

A good handbag is expensive and well worth the money, so I think they should be versatile in appearance. I love Coach bags and find them to be well made and last a long time. Keith bought me a designer bag while I was in chemotherapy. I won't even say what it cost.

Judy
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Admiral

The problem being....that designer bags change fashion each year and G-d forbid you have last years fashion.. Now, I understand that many of the designer bags are being made specifically for outlets..As for your Çoach Bag Judy... use it in good health and remember what you had to go through...and enjoy..use it and flaunt it proudly. Many years ago I told Parrot Pop I wanted a huge Kitchen Aid mixer when I retired...he said.. why wait... I used it for many years and loved it..now that I'm retired. I never use it..

Last edited by Parrot Mom; May 17th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Kat, those look (and sound, from the description) like very well-made bags. And leather lasts forever.

I still like the Boot Scoot Boogie. Can I vote again, lol??

Carnival Magic-3/12, Carnival Magic-11/11, Carnival Glory-2/11, Carnival Splendor-8/10, Carnival Conquest-1/10, Mariner of the Seas-3/09, Carnival Spirit-1/08, Grand Princess-12/06, Rhapsody of the Seas-12/05, Grand Princess-12/04, NCL Dream-12/03, MS Zuiderdam-12/02

Old May 17th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Parrotmom, I'm pretty conservative regarding handbags and carry them a long time, and since I'm not a fashionista, I won't worry about style changes.

The thing about handbags, maybe especially the designers bags, is that they are often over-designed with too many outside pockets, straps, brass, and whatever else they can think of to attach to the bag. But more important, they can be really heavy even before you put anything into them. Lots of women get shoulder and neck problems because of that; I'm one of them. To me, it's very important to check the bag's weight before you add your stuff.

Judy
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Talking Big bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J View Post
Parrotmom, I'm pretty conservative regarding handbags and carry them a long time, and since I'm not a fashionista, I won't worry about style changes.

The thing about handbags, maybe especially the designers bags, is that they are often over-designed with too many outside pockets, straps, brass, and whatever else they can think of to attach to the bag. But more important, they can be really heavy even before you put anything into them. Lots of women get shoulder and neck problems because of that; I'm one of them. To me, it's very important to check the bag's weight before you add your stuff.

Judy
JUDY, you don't know big bags.. everyday bags that Parrot Mom carries..lol.. Somebody gave me a gift of an overnight parrot bag that I took to London as a "carry on"...I tore my rotary cuff with it.. Can't seem to help what I carry in my bags..whether they have alotof pockets or not.. and I do have a neck problem to begin with.. I'm absolutely a bag nut..lol..Until I find a bag I like for the summer i'm using a purple straw (my favorite color) that I bought on a ship for $10.00...many years ago and was brand new..still need to put the cell phone in, sun glasses, credit cards, small crossword puzzle book, store cards and of course $$ and some makeup..and that is just to start.
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Parrotmom, oooooh but I DO know big bags! Couldn't get along without 'em, and you listed all the reasons why: all that stuff we lug around!
I have a couple of small organizer bags that I carry for "mall days" when I only need a limited number of things.

I even found a small slim wallet that fits them, and in a bright color. That's another thing: I wanna be able to find my wallet and glasses easily. Enter colorful wallets and cases for glasses.

I LOVE accessories, such as sunglasses and handbags, much to my DH's chagrin. But then he always knows what to buy for birthdays and wedding anniversaries!

Kat, how about a poll on sunglasses?

Judy
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Admiral

I like that idea a sunglasses poll. This poll ends on Friday and then I can start the sunglasses poll.

I used to be a big bag kind of girl. But it would hurt my back and so I narrowed down my stuff. I love having the small bag now so much easier to find things.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Default Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady View Post
I like that idea a sunglasses poll. This poll ends on Friday and then I can start the sunglasses poll.

I used to be a big bag kind of girl. But it would hurt my back and so I narrowed down my stuff. I love having the small bag now so much easier to find things.
For all the stuff you must carry around.. a sharp little back pack..lol As for sun glass cases, I've actually driven over my glasses..prescription that is.
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Sun glass or regular glass cases are always vividly covered and oversized.. as for change purses.I keep it simple.. but they are safety pinned onto a zipper or the lining..and credit cards are usually in a zippered pocket.. I'm infamous..and you should see my "carry on" bag at the airport.. everything including the kitchen sink.
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I think a lot of the guys like "Boot Scoot Boogie" because of its resemblance to a bustier.

The Artisan Tote looks far more practical and actually more classy.

My wife has two Channel handbags that she wishes she could replace. They are stylish without being gaudy and have the right amount of pockets and compartments for her needs.

If your purse is more than five pounds then you really need to lighten your load.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me