Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning from Sleepyhead!

I can't believe I slept in till after 9:30 a.m. and I'm still the first to post a good morning!
Wow, this being unemployed is sure making me lazy! Afternoon naps, sleeping in mornings, I feel so guilty!

Well, I survived my first Tuesday night without LOST. I read a book and got lost in that instead.
Tonight, it's another ending for us. It is the last Trivia night at the local pub; the pub has decided not to continue with our Trivia guy.
So he's moving on, to another pub in a town about 20 minutes away, starting in June. It's not so far to go, so we will follow him, but I'll sure miss our Wednesday nights in Pictou....

This evening I also have a job interview of sorts. More like a "drop in and see if you like what we're doing" kind of thing, so I will drop in, observe, talk with the lady and see if it's what I want to do.
I'll keep you posted on that...

Sunny/cloudy, rain forecast, and at the moment only 8C, or 46F here.
Might be a good day to get out in the garden while it's not too hot and buggy....
Have a good one Mates!

donna
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning,
Rd.. glad to here you survived last night. It's not as hot there today only in the low 80's. I did get alot done yesterday in the garden and everything is looking great so this weekend I will sit back and enjoy all my hard work. Nothing to exciting in store for me today other then cleaning up the house. All my focus has been on the outside and now it's time to work on the inside. It's never ending!!! That's it here folks, have a great day.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

It's a quiet morning on the lane here. Spent last night at d/d's game, and they played well. They won it by the skin of their teeth and will play again on Friday. It was a good game.

Also on the Lane, next door neighbor won last night's game. The Southern Indiana University Eagles are one win away from advancing to Saturday's National Championship game in the NCAA Division II finals.

The Neighbor at the end of the lane (The Grandma of the aforementioned young man) is in good spirits. She goes for surgery next Tuesday and is trying to get everything in order so she can go and not be worried about things here at home.

Right now my son is in high drama...he practiced his guitar for a whole 10 minutes and now claims to have a blister...it is invisible to the naked eye and it somehow does not affect his ability to play computer games, how is that possible?

Well I am off to join the circus or do laundry...
Have a great day

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Is everyone still sleeping?? I know I slept late, day off finally! Looking nice, may-be some thunderstorms later, but a little cooler, I sure hope so.

Enjoy the day!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from NY where its sunny and expected to hit 95 today .I love this weather
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning where it is supposed to climb up to the upper 80's, in Virginia Beach. I have been busy getting ready for our four day trip to Williamsburg plus going to work and the gym. Memorial Day Weekend is fast approaching and hopefully, all my fellow cruisemates will have a wonderful time with family and friends. Our up-coming cruise in December can't come fast enough!
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Charleston, SC where it is partly sunny, and rain every once in awhile.

RD I was on early this morning, but was afraid of a duplicate post, so I waited until someone else started it.

Yesterday was bad. Grief found me here in Charleston. I guess it doesn't take a vacation. I cried a little, mopped a little, but today I feel so much better.

Talked to Josh this morning. I had not heard from him in several days. He is such a deep thinker. I get the feeling he doesn't want to return for his next degree, so I suggested he just work for awhile. He seemed relieved when I said something about it.

All three of us are concerned about our up coming cruise. We are afraid that the memories will be to strong, and we won't enjoy ourselves. Before someone says the cruise is what you make of it, let me remind you of the weight that has been placed on our hearts. It has changed everything.

Not much planned for today, except planning for the rest of our week, since Jim's job ends tomorrow, and we don't leave until Monday morning. I have made plans but have not made the reservations. It is kind of difficult, because of the storm out on the ocean that keeps sending rain this way. They are asking people to stay out of the water today, because of the currents, and part of my plans include the water. I guess we will just have to see what happens.

I hope all of you have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Captain

I didn't sleep in today just been busy. Up at 6am got the house in order then headed outside to try and kill a few weeds that have decided to make my gravel driveway their home. After several sprayers full of weed killer the job is done, now just wait to see if it works!
D/D had her surgery yesterday which went well. She is just very sore and says she feels dizzy when up and walking. I figure this is normal and told her to just rest today and give it time to heal before doing anything major. It just amazes me that you can have your gall bladder removed in 15 minutes and be home in 3 hours. Times they sure have changed. Just hope this makes her feel better once she heals up.
RD so glad you survived last night. Sorry about your trivia ending but sounds like you are moving with it. Good luck on the job, hope it is something you enjoy doing.
BW, it is funny how nothing interfers with a video game!
Luanne, sorry your trip is about over but hope you have had a great time. As for your upcoming cruise all I can say is that I will pray that things go well for you.
OK, I've rested long enough, time to get back outside and do some yard work. You know what they say "Make hay while the sun shines!" and it is so I'm out of here.

Everyone have a GREAT day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Henry, please keep your 95 F up there! Here in upper East Tennessee, it's going to get into the low to mid 80's which is just fine for me, thank you very much.

Just returned from getting our cat Winston a new look. Instead of combing out his knots, I took him into the Vet and got him a buzz cut. He now looks just like a miniature lion. Our Vet is also a good friend and I often "put him into the frying pan" in my weekly newspaper column. Today when he saw Winston after the girls had finished with him he said with a laugh, "I think I know what the subject of this week's column is gonna' be!" I assured him he was undoubtedly correct in his belief and that I'm going to have a ball writing it ... and I shall, too.

That surprises me that your local pub canceled your Trivia Night as that would be, I would think, a very good draw......unless, of course the "draw" sipped Coca-Colas as opposed to guzzling Molson's !

We're looking forward to visiting Williamsburg early this Fall as well, Balabusta. It's been at least thirty years since we've been there as well.

Luanne, we so commiserate with you in your depression. These sad events, while they'll get fewer and farther between as time passes, are nevertheless prompted as a result of a void that will always remain with you. Know that we continue to pray for you, Jim and Josh.

B/W, I think your son is only practicing his acting lessons. It sounds to me as if he's already in line for his Emmy. Don't stifle him either. He may be wildly successful and therefore able to support you and your husband in a regal style to which you've never been accustomed!

Donna, we're all a bunch of sleepy no accounts. You mean following thousands of posts, you don't already know that?

Hope you enjoy your moderate temperatures, Aerogirl. I'm sure in Chicago up there on the lake, it's gonna' head one direction or the other really quickly!

Sue, I already did my spraying. I mix my own about two parts water to twenty-five parts concentrate 'cause I don't want anything to come back ever! Sadly, I think it's only going to last probably a couple of months before I have to do it all over again. I need to get my hands on some of that stuff the railroad uses. When they spray, I mean it stays dead. Who cares if it's as toxic as the Love Canal.

Prayers continue for all of those on the list and I ask you all to please remember Fran in yours. Blessings on everyone and I hope you'uns all have a fantastic Hump Day!

Todd
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning from Sleepyhead

Good morning from another sleepyhead! I slept very poorly last night, so I guess I made up for it this morning.

Well, the rest will be put to good use as I tackle that pile of ironing awaiting me.

Chilly here but about to really warm up. Looks like Monday's the day we go to visit SIL. It'll be hot, so we'll probably be "required" to eat outdoors.

Have a good day, all.

Judy