Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: new orleans, la
Posts: 7,074
Default The Polls

it always amazes me to watch cable news and hear how they announce that 85% of Americans think ______________ is doing a bad job etc....it is so slanted depending upon the Cable network and their agenda (what ever happen to just reporting the news)

no one has ever ask me for my input into these so call "pulse of what real Americans are thinking"..these things are tooooo easily manipulated to get the results that suit one's agenda, yet most politicians don't make a move untill they check their polling numbers

IMHO it's a sham and loaded up
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

Perhaps a reason for many people tuning into NPR
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Marc's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 3,613
Default

Venice, sort of like the ship ratings on cruisesites.
__________________
Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,481
Default

Actually, we have more chanches of expressing on opinion on cruiseships than we do on national affairs.
I have expressed my opinion on cruiseships to various publications and have had my opinion quoted on a major magazine. But I have never been questioned on national issues.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
skymaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 10,905
Default

We must be "on the list" as we've been called, and polled a couple of times. Seems to me, however, that all the "news outlets", including NPR are slanted one way or the other. I simply consider the source, and note the opinions of those I speak to, face to face. I certainly agree that recently, government seems to be GREATLY influenced, and run by polls.

"SKY"
__________________
Marine, Pilot, Singer, Tuba Player, Carnival "Diamond"!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

Yes ,I know that NPR and also Radio America are slanted but they are not mainstream and many people are drifting in that direction
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

venice,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
it always amazes me to watch cable news and hear how they announce that 85% of Americans think ______________ is doing a bad job etc....it is so slanted depending upon the Cable network and their agenda (what ever happen to just reporting the news)

no one has ever ask me for my input into these so call "pulse of what real Americans are thinking"..these things are tooooo easily manipulated to get the results that suit one's agenda, yet most politicians don't make a move untill they check their polling numbers

IMHO it's a sham and loaded up
There are right ways and wrong ways to do political polls. It's often possible to skew answers one way or another simply by the specific wording of a question -- and that may be either deliberate or unintended on the part of the pollsters. Some polls also show very biased results due to the geographical locations where they do their surveys -- and once again, this may be either deliberate or unintended. The bottom line is that it's quite easy to "rig" a poll to show anything.

Among political polls, the Quinnipiac polls and the Rasmussen polls have a well-founded reputation for getting it right. I don't pay much attention to the others, but I do pay attention to these.

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

I'm always tickled that if a poll is going one party's way, they jump all over it. If the poll is against them then of course, it means nothing.

Acutally, political polls are often skewed, usually purposefully (Oh my, you dind't know that?). Moral to the story? Fughettaboutem!

I believe the overwhelming number of Americans are pretty middle of the road. The problem is the media isn't and the American people have recently made great note of that.

I also think that most of us don't give the American people enough credit. The leanings of network and cable TV isn't swaying America. Realities and knowing the realities are what sways Americans. As more than a handful of Presidents have rudely discovered, middle America doesn't want their tax dollars spent in a way they consider to be squandering whether that be for military purposes or entitlement purposes. As an example, the people are screaming "Stop Spending" at the top of their lungs and those who disregard or downplay such clamor do so at their distinct political risk.

For decades, most Americans didn't even think about slanted news (even though it always has been slanted one way or the other as regards newspapers, all the way back to colonial times).

I believe the average American really began noticing a slant on TV journalism following the Vietnam War. Such a slant only increased simply because the American people were not then the news junkies (CNN is probably most responsible for creating news addicts) as they are now and slowly over a period of a decade or two, it became so blatant that the public said enough! Then along came Fox and lo and behold, regardless of whether one agreed with that network's point of view or not, it nevertheless represented an alternative point of view. It's sorta' like that one girl on the view who disagrees with the other three.

Our country's government is built around disagreement. When folks say, "Things have never been this nasty in politics," I want to say, "Wanna' bet?" Go back to Andrew Jackson's and Abraham Lincon's elections as just two examples.

When our government leans too far to one side or the other, the voter throws out that party and elects the other one. As is often the case, the newly elected party (and this goes for both) comes away thinking, "Okay, now we're going to do it our way!" What no one stops to consider is it shouldn't be either "your way" or "my way" but should be "the country's way." (I know, they always claim that, but if you believe it, I've a bridge for sale really cheap). If any Administration strays too far, they quickly get their comeuppance via the ballot box.

I find political extremes to be counterporductive and I consider myself a "Traditionalist." Some who would say that means I'm conservative should know that have I called to account friends representing both extremes. One may ask "Who are you to call anyone to account." I reply, "The same way I'm called to account when I get in over my head and haven't checked my facts." (not opinions mind you, facts). My belief is that the average American, when all is said and done, has far more common sense than that for which either side gives them credit.

Todd
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: new orleans, la
Posts: 7,074
Default

Todd..the real question is what is consider the "average American" in today's society...WASP is no longer the standard due to the fact that Americans with Hispanic backgrounds will soon be the majority classification in America thus the beloved"melting pot" handle, is fact and not just in slogan

I agree that the world as we know it, does not revolve around the Washington Beltway or California or our elected officials in government that are suppose to represent the average American and not special interest groups or FOX,MSNBC or CNN...paradigms in America are shifting so fast I wonder is there such a thing as the "average American" and how do you poll him/her if you can define the term

WW1 & WW2 brought the US out of it's isolationist policy and American can no longer walk softly and carry a big stick in world affairs..this is a global economy and IMHO we should figure out how to use our diversity as Americans to strengthen us, not to divide us and we have to have leadership that understands a global perspective

I enjoy the polling we do here at Cruisemates...I think cruisers represent the average American and because we do cruise to different parts of the world we have a better perspective..also, i think Kat should do all of the polling for America ::
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Points well taken Venice, but in my opinion I believe America as a whole is still "Middle of the road" at this time and will probably remain that way when all is said and done.

As for a major shift from the center to the left as is feared by many on the right were all the illegal immigrants provided a path to citizenship, I see that maybe occurring briefly at best as in the case of previous mass immigrations that tilted the country's political values temporarily but which evened out over time. Additionally, I'd also point out that neither the millions of Irish and Italians as well as the legions of Chinese, Southeast Asians Chinese and Africans who have also emmigrated to the U.S. fit the "WASP" definition, yet all were assimilated.

Todd

Todd
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: new orleans, la
Posts: 7,074
Default

Todd...in a nutshell..the problem with polling is that it does not measure the hypocrisy in our country.. what we say we want and what we will do are two different things

example...we say we want our children to have an education, but how many parents actually go to teacher/parent conferences or involved in PTA

we say we want our elected leaders (or my alltime favorite supreme court justices) to be fair and honest and do what's right for our country and to not continue to be a part of the bitter bi-partisian politics..and yet look at the mess we are in today
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

Very valid ,Venice . I have 2 children who are school teachers .Less than 5 % of the parents of the kids in their schools attend parent-teacher conferences.

Politicians are for the most part very idealistic .Many generally have the interest of their constituents when the enter office but soon after they become part of the politicians game .Very few stay true to their beliefs and campaign promises .
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: new orleans, la
Posts: 7,074
Default

Henry..you are so on target about the teachers and our elected officials

they both enter with idealism and wind up either being burned out or forced to play the game
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

Todd,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1294305
For decades, most Americans didn't even think about slanted news (even though it always has been slanted one way or the other as regards newspapers, all the way back to colonial times).
Aye - yup!

"Advertisements contain the only truth to be found in any newspaper." -- Thomas Jefferson.

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default Politicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
Henry..you are so on target about the teachers and our elected officials

they both enter with idealism and wind up either being burned out or forced to play the game
I've known quite a few who said to the voters ,elect me for a change but history just repeats itself
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
I'm always tickled that if a poll is going one party's way, they jump all over it. If the poll is against them then of course, it means nothing.

Acutally, political polls are often skewed, usually purposefully (Oh my, you dind't know that?). Moral to the story? Fughettaboutem!

I believe the overwhelming number of Americans are pretty middle of the road. The problem is the media isn't and the American people have recently made great note of that.

I also think that most of us don't give the American people enough credit. The leanings of network and cable TV isn't swaying America. Realities and knowing the realities are what sways Americans. As more than a handful of Presidents have rudely discovered, middle America doesn't want their tax dollars spent in a way they consider to be squandering whether that be for military purposes or entitlement purposes. As an example, the people are screaming "Stop Spending" at the top of their lungs and those who disregard or downplay such clamor do so at their distinct political risk.

For decades, most Americans didn't even think about slanted news (even though it always has been slanted one way or the other as regards newspapers, all the way back to colonial times).

I believe the average American really began noticing a slant on TV journalism following the Vietnam War. Such a slant only increased simply because the American people were not then the news junkies (CNN is probably most responsible for creating news addicts) as they are now and slowly over a period of a decade or two, it became so blatant that the public said enough! Then along came Fox and lo and behold, regardless of whether one agreed with that network's point of view or not, it nevertheless represented an alternative point of view. It's sorta' like that one girl on the view who disagrees with the other three.

Our country's government is built around disagreement. When folks say, "Things have never been this nasty in politics," I want to say, "Wanna' bet?" Go back to Andrew Jackson's and Abraham Lincon's elections as just two examples.

When our government leans too far to one side or the other, the voter throws out that party and elects the other one. As is often the case, the newly elected party (and this goes for both) comes away thinking, "Okay, now we're going to do it our way!" What no one stops to consider is it shouldn't be either "your way" or "my way" but should be "the country's way." (I know, they always claim that, but if you believe it, I've a bridge for sale really cheap). If any Administration strays too far, they quickly get their comeuppance via the ballot box.

I find political extremes to be counterporductive and I consider myself a "Traditionalist." Some who would say that means I'm conservative should know that have I called to account friends representing both extremes. One may ask "Who are you to call anyone to account." I reply, "The same way I'm called to account when I get in over my head and haven't checked my facts." (not opinions mind you, facts). My belief is that the average American, when all is said and done, has far more common sense than that for which either side gives them credit.

Todd
Todd,

Very well put!

I think the current state of the so-called news media is so biased that it is damaging our country. The current state of the bias in the news media has accounted for the sky rocketing rise in popularity of FOX news. FOX is the only place that you can get fair and balanced news with all the facts and then make up your own mind without the talking points of the lunatic fringe of the left.

The best example of a so-called news organization being anything but a news organization would be NPR. NPR is nothing more than an arm of the left wingers who love to spend money they don't have. What bugs me the most is that some of my hard earned tax dollars go to support those loons.

Debra
__________________
With integrity nothing else matters; without it nothing else matters.

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,481
Default

Nurse Debra yoiu opinion on Fox news is just that . Your opinion.

I believe in getting my news from many sources. And no one is completely un-biased.

And if my views are to the left as yours, why does that make me ( a lunatic ) ?

I certainly hate to think that I served in the US Army and don't have freedom of speech.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

My views are definitely to the left of Nurse Debra .I shudder to think how she may brand me
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Nurse Debra yoiu opinion on Fox news is just that . Your opinion.

I believe in getting my news from many sources. And no one is completely un-biased.

And if my views are to the left as yours, why does that make me ( a lunatic ) ?

I certainly hate to think that I served in the US Army and don't have freedom of speech.

TM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
My views are definitely to the left of Nurse Debra .I shudder to think how she may brand me
Okay, I've been trying to write a post and I can't ! I hardly know how to respond to Nurse Debra. I guess I'd be considered "waaaay" left! Why on earth FOX news would be the "authority" is beyond me... .

I watch an assortment of news reports and make up my own mind. I'd suggest that everyone do the same.
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

Aha ,Fern ,we can debate as to who has opinions further to the left ,
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 1,769
Cool To the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Okay, I've been trying to write a post and I can't ! I hardly know how to respond to Nurse Debra. I guess I'd be considered "waaaay" left! Why on earth FOX news would be the "authority" is beyond me... .

I watch an assortment of news reports and make up my own mind. I'd suggest that everyone do the same.
Parrot Pop just picked me up off the floor after reading Nurse Debra..Fox News "fair and balanced"....:-D There are no words that can describe (btw Parrot Pop graduated Summa Cum Laude from a prestigious school of journalism in Boston many years ago) the right handed tilt of Fox.. Last December on a cruise ship there was a question and answer period in the Atrium and I was pleasantly surprised to hear the uproar over the non-availability of other channels besides Fox...there was an answer given which I knew for a fact wasn't true.. In all my years and they are considerable.. .I've never seen a group of people call "foul" because their party lost an election as I do now.. The last thing I want to do is argue politics on a cruise board.. Yup, I'm proud to be a "lefty" and want freedom of speech for everybody.. and when the so called as you call them "liberal media" are silenced...then it is a loss for all of us.. Yep, Nurse Debra... I'm a Democratic Kennedy loving liberal.. and damn proud of it.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old May 31st, 2010, 10:54 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
Default

After the Gulf Wars... anything remotely resembling journalistic integrity completely ceased to exist in the USA.

"American Journalist" is officially an oxymoron.

The closest thing to unbiased Western media is the BBC.
(Which ain't sayin' much at all)

The funny thing is, Americans all gots opinions, and they's all darn sure Right, too. Based on what exactly? I sure as heck dunno.

I posted to a thread a while back on Cuba. I've been there. Several times. Seen it with my own eyes. But some folks at CM who have never set foot in Castroland got all uppity and rude when all I did was speak the truth, which contradicts the current media slant. Ignorance is a disease, and it's contagious.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: new orleans, la
Posts: 7,074
Default

the thread is about polls not Fox News
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
My views are definitely to the left of Nurse Debra .I shudder to think how she may brand me
Mine are quite to the left of hers. So I guess that we are both ( LUNATICS). Oh well, I can live with it.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:00 PM
Bobby_G's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Knox TN
Posts: 1,356
Default

I thought politically themed threads were not allowed on CM ?
__________________
Bob

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

Manuel,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Nurse Debra yoiu opinion on Fox news is just that . Your opinion.

I believe in getting my news from many sources. And no one is completely un-biased.
That's a great idea!

But factually, the most rational and thought-provoking liberal commentators that I find anywhere are on Fox News. People like Juan Williams and Mora Liason (who also appear on NPR), Bob Bechtel, and Alan Colmes present rational arguments for liberal positions that often make sense. I wish I could say as much for the "feel-good" pap that I hear far too frequently on other networks.

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:48 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tennille View Post
After the Gulf Wars... anything remotely resembling journalistic integrity completely ceased to exist in the USA.

"American Journalist" is officially an oxymoron.

The closest thing to unbiased Western media is the BBC.
(Which ain't sayin' much at all)

The funny thing is, Americans all gots opinions, and they's all darn sure Right, too. Based on what exactly? I sure as heck dunno.

I posted to a thread a while back on Cuba. I've been there. Several times. Seen it with my own eyes. But some folks at CM who have never set foot in Castroland got all uppity and rude when all I did was speak the truth, which contradicts the current media slant. Ignorance is a disease, and it's contagious.
Might I inquire when you were in Cuba ,during the time of Fuglencio Battista ,perhaps ?
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Banned
Captain
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
Default

Actually, it's spelled "Fulgencio Batista" (glad you took the time to check...)

FYI, the first time I visited Cuba was in 1998 for 3 weeks. I've been back several times since. Thanks for asking, even if your comment was simply sarcastic (and misinformed).

It's a lovely place, full of wonderful people, practically untouched by greed and rabid commercialism. I just wish my Spanish was better, then I'd visit more often.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
Posts: 4,524
Default

Captain,

Inasmuch as you find the term, " Amercan Journalist" to be an oxymoron, perhaps you'd be so kind as to share with us from what prestigious school of journalism you graduated that would qualify you to make such a statement.

Inasmuch as you find the island and obviously it's administration to be delightfully, "untouched by greed and rabid commercialism". you did validate what those oxymoronic American journalists who have written about the horrific conditions political prisoners in Cuba suffer, to be unfounded did you not?

Now one more for the record. Were you even alive when Fulgencio Batista ruled Cuba?

Todd
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default Battista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tennille View Post
Actually, it's spelled "Fulgencio Batista" (glad you took the time to check...)

FYI, the first time I visited Cuba was in 1998 for 3 weeks. I've been back several times since. Thanks for asking, even if your comment was simply sarcastic (and misinformed).

It's a lovely place, full of wonderful people, practically untouched by greed and rabid commercialism. I just wish my Spanish was better, then I'd visit more often.
Why sarcastic ?I was just curious .I could have inquired if you were there at the time that Joan Chesimard was ,it was just a point of reference
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
flood, forget, god, interview, journalism

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Polls for EVERYONE booked on the BLOGGER'S CRUISE Kuki Carnival Cruise Lines 0 August 15th, 2008 12:06 PM
Kuki-Polls PapaBill Chit - Chat for Cruisers 5 October 1st, 2003 11:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1