Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Default TGIF for Memorial Day Weekend!

The dawn presages a 60% chance of thunder boomers and a high of 83 here in upper East Tennessee.

Up and at 'em early this morning as I have a cardiology appointment up in Johnson City. I also will begin the involved and for me agonizing process (because not only am I a techie in any way shape or form, I'm actually totally and embarrassingly ignorant of such electronic devices as computers) of finding another PC as well as finding advice on how to transfer all of my files. I can only afford as well as want an inexpensive basic unit. I don't require a zillion gigabytes or Warp speed.

Am going to lay in a major supply of chips and dip as this is my biggest race weekend of the year as both the Indianapolis 500 AND NASCAR's World 600 (well, I still call it that as opposed to today's "Coca-Cola 600) run this weekend.

Hope this morning finds your daughter's little friend better this morning BeenieWeenie as well as all others who continue on the prayer list. We pray that you are all Blessed today as well.

Finally, hope all of you'uns have a marvelous holiday weekend whether or not it's actually a holiday where you live!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Charleston, SC where it is suppose to be warm and sunny.

Yesterday ended Jim's business, so today starts the fun. For the next three days, we will be tourists.

Today we have to check out under his name and then check back in under mine. We have to go to the airport to do the same. We will then go to our first excursion which is called the Thriller Boat. It is a high speed boat ride in the harbor, ocean, and to the lighthouse. It should be a lot of fun.

I hope all of you have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, from a damp and chilly Pictou County. Looks miserable out there, and it probably is. Last week we had beautiful sunshine, and this week, nothing but rain. Oh well, the gardens are growing!

Todd, good luck with your Dr. appointment, and enjoy your nice weather.
Luanne, have fun playing tourist! The boat ride sounds exciting!
Mike, please give us an update on your granddaughter's little friend, hope she is recovering.
Ready and Katlady, hope you are both recovering from your surgeries.

Not much planned for me today, may go into town with hubby and shop while he's at the gym. Haven't been to the big mall since before we went away, so it's calling me....
Have a good one, and enjoy your TGIF before the big weekend!

donna
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Mike,

I apologize for associating Reina with B/W when she is your granddaughter's friend. I did remember the name last night in my prayers and do so hope she is better this AM.

Todd
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates:

Todd, good luck on your dr's appointment.

Luanne - I am glad you are a tourist now, enjoy all the activities that you can squeeze in and have a fun weekend.

Donna: hope your weather improves, but if it doesn't I know that you and your DH will manage to have a fun weekend.

To everyone in the US - HAPPY MEMORIAL WEEKEND and do take the time to remember those that served and did not make it back!

I always count my blessings at this time, because I served in Vietnam and made it back.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
We have had a string of great days and it will continue till next week.... all the better for all the parades and picnics everywhere. Remember the red Poppies we all wore to remember out Vets? Thanks to them all!

Today is Lucy day, this litle red headed fire cracker just makes me laugh,and, she is so delicious, it's a fun day!

Kat, Darlene. I hope you are both on the mend, in great spirits,and will be eating bon bons, healing nicely...xoxoxo

Have a great red white and blue weekend kids....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Happy Friday from hot and sunny NY
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well according to the weatherman, the next two days we should have lovely weather... which means nothing, since rain has been in the forecast the past 3 days, but we never got a drop . So we'll just keep watering the plants. We had a nice temperature drop late yesterday and it was just perfect last night.

Had a bit of excitement last night about 3 a.m. D/H got up to take a tylenol because he had a headache. He saw the cat was playing and running around like crazy. So he figures out about that time she has brought a mouse in to the house from the garage and it is now running loose in the house, as the mouse then runs into our bedroom with the cat nipping at its feet. Of course by then, I am wide awake and aware of the situation. D/H runs off to go find some ancient improvised mouse catching instrument or device to be determined, once he stumbles across it. In the meanwhile, I took an empty shoe box and threw it on top of the offending mouse and slid a piece of cardboard underneath and we took it outside and let it go. Hopefully it is smart enough not to come back into my garage. About 10 minutes later the other cat wakes up and wonders what all the ruckus is about lol.

So aside from all that, I slept pretty good lol. Hope you all have a great Friday. I have work to do, so I better get to it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Default TGIF for Memorial Day Weekend

Good morning. The sun is shining with a vengence.

Keith is headed for the gym, me to the ironing board. No big plans for the weekend here.

Judy
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Turns out yesterday's snowfall was the first time in recorded history that it snowed on May 27. And we're going to repeat the record breaking today

In searching for an escape I found I can fly to Hong Kong for less than it costs to fly to Arizona or Nevada from here. So, I'm flying too... no I"M NOT!

Instead I'm going on a trip to Costco! woohoo
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Good Morning cruisemates! Turns out yesterday's snowfall was the first time in recorded history that it snowed on May 27. And we're going to repeat the record breaking today

In searching for an escape I found I can fly to Hong Kong for less than it costs to fly to Arizona or Nevada from here. So, I'm flying too... no I"M NOT!

Instead I'm going on a trip to Costco! woohoo

Well you could hop in the car and drive straight south...you ought to get there in time for dinner tomorrow.

Seriously AirCanada has flights from $179 each way, you could leave tomorrow, if you can handle flying coach.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon,
Absolute beautiful days here in the Chicago land area and a great weekend in store. Tomorrow I’m meeting up with some of my grammar school friends. It’s been a long time since I seen my best friend from 8th grade and am looking forward to seeing her. For the most part were going to have a lazy, easy weekend and attend out local Norwood park parade on Monday. Enjoy some ribs and just chill!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial weekend.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Good evening from, in the low 70's, Virginia Beach. First I went to a doctor's appointment to have my eczema checked while Rob had his blood drown. Then, it was off to Toy's 'R Us to buy a shower gift for a dear friend's daughter who is expecting in August. Rob and I then went out to lunch at a Japanese restaurant not to far from the house. Right now I am running some washes and will do some ironing. Williamsburg, here we come for a few days. Todd, hope your tests come out okay; you are in my prayers. May all of my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!