Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday presages Memorial Day Weekend!

Welcome to all our CruiseMates everywhere to what is celebrated in the States as Memorial Day Weekend.

Actually, while not of course all nation's specific "Memorial Day," the sentiment nevertheless still applies to all who live under the flag of freedom and memorialize their fallen heroes who gave their all to preserve that freedom.

I do so wish that everyone please take at least a minute or two out among our barbecues, recreational activities etc., on which is the semi-official beginning of the summer season to reflect upon the true meaning of the holiday.

Nothing exciting on tap for Fran and me this weekend. Off to do some shopping early this morning then I'll cut the grass (now that's a term you don't hear a whole lot anymore) before settling down this afternoon to watch the Nationwide NASCAR Race from Charlotte.

Of course tomorrow is a full day of racing for me.

I did get my PC up by getting a corded mouse but knowing its days are severely limited, I'm still on the great PC hunt for an expensive unit as I neither want nor need all of the extra bells and whistles. I do not intend but a little over $500 on the high end and preferably less than that.

Prayers continue for everyone on the list (which is rather extensive) along with a request for Blessings on all. I hope everyone also includes in their prayers this weekend one for all of our fallen heroes.

Have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, and a big Thank You to all our heroes, both then and now....

Well it looks pretty dull and cloudy here in Pictou County, although it is supposed to go up to 20C with sunshine. 20 is a comfortable 68F.
We're sure not getting the heat wave that other parts of Canada has had this week, but better than that, we also didn't get the 20 cms of snow they had out west! (I feel for you Kuki!)

Today I plan to make the rounds of local flea markets and what they call yard sales. In Montreal we called them Ventes de Garage or Garage Sales.

There are also plenty of weeds out there that await my pulling, then tonight it's off to the last Sat. Trivia for a month. They cut back in the summer due to tourist traffic, but manage to save one Sat. a month for the locals!

Enjoy your weekend, wherever you are, and stay safe!

donna
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from hot and sunny NY .When I was a kid living in Brooklyn there were Memorial Day parades and festivities along an area named Eastern Parkway .Where I currently reside every town has a parade and its very festive.
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates.

The weather is perfect here in Ct., so everyone can enjoy outdoor actvities.
Of course we must remember our heroes who gave all they had to keep our country free.
Have nice weekend mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
We had another mouse in the house again last night, courtesy of our cute little Sami. She is so proud of her prey, she feels the need to bring it in the house so we can share in the joy of the mouse stalking adventure with her at 3 a.m. Luckily for a novice she is pretty good at finding the mice when they get away from her and wearing them down so we can catch them and throw them outside.

Well d/h is making crepes for breakfast so I am going to go chow down. Have a great weekend and don't forget that sacrifices made to ensure our freedom.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Admiral

good morning from hot muggy New Orleans..please remember both our veterans and current serving in the military

it's the Greek Festival and Crawfish Festival this weekend

the situation in the Gulf is getting worse and the "blame game" is being played big time

then yesterday the annoucement about a pretty busy hurricane season was announced..that's just what we need to hear
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Pressages Memorial Day Weekend

A late good morning to you all. Let the heat begin!

Keith went to work on the Wright Flyer Project for the day. I will head for Newport Beach and a much-needed haircut in a while. We have a power outage this morning for some mysterious reason. All is well now, though.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:24 PM
First Mate

Greetings Friends,
I hope you are all enjoying a nice holiday weekend. Now that school is out I will have a chance to catch up online. It is sunny and a bit windy here in western Colorado. We played in the yard this morning. Thanks to all those who have served in the military and made sacrifices for our freedom.:-)
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Memorial day

My son is visiting us for the day. he doesn't have the whole weekend off because he is preparing his unit for NTC and deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan in September or October. He was promoted a couple of months ago to the rank of SFC, and now he has much more responsibility in his unit.

Please remember our soldiers this Monday....and every day. They are our defense against terrorists...and they do it willingly.

Now, I am getting back to the stove to prepare some of his favorite things for dinner. I'll probably have enough leftovers to feed his platoon!!!

Enjoy your weekend!
Marianne