Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday and back to work

Well sports fans, the holiday's over so get up and get out there to support us retired folks!

Rollerdonna, am so praying that James is feeling better this morning. Please keep us updated and know that he is in our prayers.

Speaking of medical procedures, how are you doing in your recovery, Henry? Hope everything is coming along swimmingly.

Today is forecast for yet again, a 50% chance of thunder storms and highs in the mid 60's. Trouble is, we have daily thunderstorms with concomitant downpours all around us (with ten miles) but seem to vaporize when they get into our immediate area. Go figure!

Hope little Reina is getting better. Maybe Mike will know something more this morning.

Gosh B/W, as we used to say in the military, when it comes to your cruise, you're so "short" that if you fell off the head of a pin, you'd break your neck. you must really be excited now with departure but a few days away. When you get to NOLA, please drop by Pat O'Brien's and have one for me. It seems I was just there..............uhhhh 43 years ago!

Prayers and Blessings continue to wing everyone's way and I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd and all the rest to follow.
I've been up since 5:30. Although I am now in WI, I think my body is still on eastern time. We had a nice trip up except for the guy beating on our hotel door at 2AM the first night. One of the hazards of traveling with a cat is that you don't always get to stay in the nicest of places. Fortunately we found a nice Drury Inn that accepted pets for the second night. What a difference!

Have a great day everyone.

Phyll
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
Iím actually kind of glad the holiday weekend is over. Itís funny the older I seem to do better with a daily routine. It was a wet Memorial Day for us, it rained on our parade however it didnít seem to damped anyoneís spirit. I had a great visit on Saturday with my grade / high school buddies. Itís amazing how you forget some of the stuff you did way back when. It was truly nice to be with my old gals.
HAWKS WIN!!! Only three more to go!! Iím not a big sports fan but when we have a team winning I get enjoy all the excitement.
Graduation countdown has begun, 10 days away! Thatís it here, have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old June 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .I've been retired 11 years ,work for me is only a distant memory
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Texas where we will make news today for being so hot. It was a shot in the arm to arrive last night and feel this hot.

We were totally disappointed in the airlines. What a mess to not have seats that were paid for, and to have over crowding. We woke up at 4:30 am and didn't get home until 9 hours later. It's a 3 hour flight.

I have much to do today. Josh did what he could to keep the house work done, but it needs a mothers touch.

I also have to unpack, and then pack again for Alaska.

Continued prayers for James and Donna.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is a foggy morning and that is good so I am not tempted to go outside and goof off, while I should be in here finishing the laundry and packing.

Todd you are so right. I booked this cruise so long ago, I didn't think it would ever get here. I remember how miserable I was this winter, trying to save extra money, wanting so badly to get away from the cold, snow and yuck. Getting d/s through the surgery and being somewhat housebound for several months until he could get out and about. I just never thought summer would arrive. Wow and here it is!

We finally have peace in our house again for the first time since the new kitty arrived. The kitties are playing nicely, Sami, our first kitty has virtually eliminated all of the mice from the garage, therefore she is no longer obsessed with hanging out there and compulsively guarding us from the wicked rodents. This morning I was awakened by my sweet little Sami for the first time in a long time, she was full of purrs and lovins wanting fancy feast. I went looking for the other kitty and he was sound asleep with d/d. They were laying side by side, both had their heads on the pillow and were half way under the blanket. Cute little snuggle buddies. So I woke him up for fancy feast (I have never seen a cat that sleeps so soundly). The other day company came by for a visit and he just laid there sleeping and was oblivious to it all, he never stirred.

The neighbor made it to the hospital for surgery. Everything is going as it should I suppose. I will wait to hear from them later today. Any extra prayers you guys can throw her way would be greatly appreciated. Likewise, I'll be sending prayers and positive thoughts RD's way and hope her d/h bounces back very quickly!

Well that's the scoop for today. I need to get off this computer and get to work.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Weather here in Calgary has really been in the doldrums. Here it is June 1, and we're still getting frost at night, and temps struggling to get into the 50s for highs. YUCKY is a good word for it!

Mrs. Kuki came home yesterday, and after a 24 hr. travel day is still fast asleep. She has to go back tomorrow, so has a day to ditch the jet lag.

Not a terrific day in store today, but I'm going golfing. Tired of being stuck in the house already.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Admiral

I nave been retired for almost a year, so almost forgot what it is like to go back to work after along weekend.

I wish you all a happy June.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday and Back to Work

Good afternoon, people. It's a little chilly here.

I ran off to the blood lab this morning and Keith went to the gym. We had a nice dinner last night at SIL's house for more birthday celebrating (Keith's). We had steaks with all the trimmings.

I have an appt. with the oncologist on Thursday for a checkup and for a six-month intravenous Zoledronic Acid injection. It only takes 15 minutes, but I know I won't be able to sleep well, so a trip to the library is in order.

Good thoughts and prayers for Donna's James.

Have a good day, everyone.

Judy