Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2010, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning (I think!)

Morning Mates, it is Thursday, isn't it?
I'm so confused, sitting endlessly in hospitals will do that to you....

I'm headed off back there soon. James is pretty anxious about this surgery, despite all reassurances that it is routine and he'll be fine.
Like most people, he hates just being there, but having spent much time in his position myself, he is fortunate to have an uncrowded ER, wonderful staff and good food!

It looks like we are in for the 5th straight day of cold, wet, windy weather.
Certainly doesn't look like June. I've given up and gone back to long pants, socks and a jacket!

I'll be back on here tonight to give you all an update. Keep your fingers crossed!

donna
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Its actually Wednesday .I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Another hot and sunny day in NY
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is indeed Wednesday . But Donna's post made me look just to make sure. I nearly had an anxiety attack thinking of all the stuff yet to be done before we leave Thursday night.

Today I will finish up packing. I have pretty much everything lined up for the time we'll be gone. Just so much to do, to get away for week or so.

Well I better get cracking here. Have a great hump day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids.
Sunny and 80 ish here today.There is a fire burning north of Montreal, and the ash has come this far south, as to create a haze and breathing problem for many....

Rd, I hope todays surgery, gore as acheduled, and James is ready to rock and roll, before you know it. The date thing reminded me, when I sailed on the Gem, for the media cruise, I got the email with the wrong date on it. You can just imagine, how my heart sank, looking at the date, and, realizing I had missed the cruise!

As you can see by my new countdown clock below, I will be stepping into Kuki's place to host the Epic Halloween cruise. I am so looking forward to seeing all what's new on this brand new ship, and to meet old and new friends onboard.

Well, it's off to pay the water and sewer bill[ how exciting] and off to the library to pick up one of my fave authors newest release.
Yayayayay!

Prayers to all Cruisemates..Make it a good one. Kat, & Darlene, I hope you are both mending well.xox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Captain

Boy can I relate to not know what day of the week it is. With this being a week with a holiday it makes this feel like Tues. It was a foggy morning to start the day here. Sun is now shinning and temps are to be in the high 80's with lots of humidity. As soon as the grass drys some I am going to spend a few hours on the lawn mower. Need to get it done today as rain is forecast for the next several days.
Monday was our local Memorial Day parade here. I entered a float for my business and used a tropical theme. It was a small float but had room for a palm tree, a couple of beach chairs and a small inflatable pool. My 2 grandaughters and one of their friends rode the float while playing in the pool. I had put a little water in it and the kids had a ball. My D/D and her best friend sat in the beach chairs to keep an eye on the little ones. They also tossed candy to kids along the parade route. My 3 nieces dressed up in grass skirts & flower leis and walked along the float passing out fliers for my business. I really feel like it was worth the effort, now if the phone would just start ringing!
Beanie, I am so jealous of you...wish I had a cruise coming up! You are so right about all the work to get ready then poof..it's over. Just hope you have a safe and great cruise.
RD, prayers will be with you both today and will be waiting to hear the outcome.

Everyone have a great day and a safe one.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a hot Texas. It is going to get worse later this week. Thankfully we are going where the temps are nice.

I spent yesterday trying to get my house back in order. I still have more to do today, and then need to start with what to put in the suitecase.

My Kindle should be here some time today, and I can't wait. I also have to figure out what I am going to use as a computer case. The one I had for my old computer was big and heavy. I want one of those cute smaller ones, so I don't have a backache carrying it.

We came home to very dry grass, so we are watering this morning. The man who takes care of our lawn, has agreed to water while we are gone.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Donna, Thinking of you sweetie.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Can the Texas people recognize my avatar ?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning ( I Think)

Wednesday it is and an overcast kinda chilly one, at that. Donna, I hope James' surgery goes very well, indeed.

Keith has a dental appt. this afternoon, and other than that, nothing happening. It's boring, I know, but I guess that's a good thing. We have San Diego to look forward to at the end of the month.

Have a good day, especially you and James, Donna.

Judy
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Can the Texas people recognize my avatar ?
I can't Henry. What is it a picture of?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Default My avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
I can't Henry. What is it a picture of?
Kemah looking out from the Boardwalk Inn
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Admiral

OMG, I feel like such a DORK! (hits self in head with heel of hand).
I'm so embarassed! I was half way to the hospital this morning when I suddenly realized it was only Wednesday and I had made a complete fool of myself on this morning's thread....
I guess that's what spending too much time sitting in the ER does to you...
Spent the day there again, came home briefly to feed the animals and walk the dog, but have to go back. He STILL has not had his surgery, and has been starving since last night's dinner! You can imagine, he is NOT happy!

donna
Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

First of all toots..you did not embarass yourself what so ever..south of the border here, we have NO idea what day it is due to the holiday....You have been where you need to be, and what the heck diff does a day make anyway

So sorry things are moving in slow motion...I hope James will be "done" soon, and home with you waiting on him hand and foot..xoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator