Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday of the Longest Week!

Morning Mates,
It has been a l-o-n-g week around here, but it's finally over.
James is home where he belongs, feeling better and all is right with the world.

Except the weather. We had one nasty thunderstorm overnight and rains so heavy we now have a pond on our front lawn. The lightning and thunder was so intense during the night it woke me out of a sound sleep!
I was planning to do some weed-whacking today but everything is soaked, so it may have to wait..

Other plans include housework and grocery shopping which have been neglected the past few days, and work on some more crafts for the Farmer's Market/Craft and Bake Sale tomorrow in our little community.
Looks like a busy day, hope you all have a good one!

donna
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Happy TGIF cruisemates .Glad that your husband is home and feeling okay.

Another HHH day in NY
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Yep fellow Cruisemates, it's getaway day! That is unless you're like me and your getaway long ago got up and went.

It's going to be very warm again today here in upper East Tennessee with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. That is why I'm shortly going to get out and get to work on the yard.

B/W is on her way to her cruise, Ray and Helen are already on theirs and a lot of folks seem to have impending cruises or other summer travels in their plans. Good for all y'all, as RCI says, "Get out there!"

Am so glad to hear that James is recovering quickly from his surgery. Rollerdonna, you will have him back to normal by the end of the weekend if not before.....betcha! I know it's been a long week for you so please get a little R and R for yourself and James this weekend.

Trip, I'm so glad to hear you've been chosen to lead the next Cruisemates Cruise. I would so love to go but of course circumstances preclude that possibility. As I always ask, please take plenty of pictures and more importantly....POST 'EM!"

I am confident Luanne, that the house is completely back to normal. Now this weekend get out there with Jim and have a good 'ol time.

Congratulations Venice on your choice of posters! I love Dr. John (I have a number of YouTube videos of him on my favorites, the best of which is probably from decades ago (it was in black and white)) when he did a number with Jools Holland on apparently a local Sunday night TV show.

Speaking of music, it's not wildly popular across the majority of the US but I want to repeat my fondness about a genre' of music and especially a group. I have really got into Southern Gospel. If you like foot stompin' toe tappin' music featuring one of the best pianists I've seen or heard in years (and he's only 24 years old), a bass singer that gets about as low as is humanly possible, a thumping electric base, etc., you owe it to yourself to check out the Kingdom Heirs. Another tremendous entertainer who does a fantastic one man show is a guy by the name of James Rogers. He has a marvelous voice, is an expert on both the guitar and banjo, has your typical southeastern US value system and incorporates a LOT of patriotism in his show. It is truly something to see.

Both the Kingdom Heirs and Rogers tour, Rogers usually throughout just the Southeast (he has a lot of dates in Florida throughout the winter). But they both perform several times a week throughout the summer at Dollywood and if you're ever in this neck of the woods and you love Gospel, Country and Patriotic/family values themed music, you owe it to yourselves to check out these two acts. As the late Justin Wilson used to say, "I guarrrontee" you'll come away with more than a little spring in your step and a heart full of pride.

Hope everyone has a marvelous weekend and prayers continue for those on the list accompanied by a prayer for Blessings upon everyone!

Todd
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Captain

A big WELCOME HOME to James. Bet he is much happier now than he was a day or so ago.
Looks to be another warm day here. Plans include a trip to town then to my sisters for a dip in the pool. I have my 6 yr old grandaughter with me today so the pool will be the perfect entertainment for her. I will take her to the other grandmother around 4 as we have to head north to Columbus this evening. The forecast is saying thunderstorms later tonight just hope they hold off until we get to Columbus. I don't like driving in storms.
Last night was spent at the ball field where my grandaughters team finally won, only the 2nd win this season. She played much better than she did on Tues. which makes Papaw happy (he coached her mom when she was playing). Only a few more games and the season will be over. I don't think I'll miss sitting in the hot sun, but it is fun watching these 6, 7 & 8 yr olds learn the game.
Well Beanie should be well on her way south. Hope she is having safe travels and has a great cruise.

To all the mates have a wonderful day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
We're in beautiful scenic Marion, Illinois located near the New Madrid Fault...pray there will be no earthquakes today. We're 4 hours closer to New Orleans than we were yesterday. Another 8 hours or so and we should be there.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Familiar Face

This has been the longest week for me as well. Had jury duty on Tuesday and Wednesday. After playing musical court rooms 6 times in one day I was released and needless to say I would not have liked to have been on that one--28 year old male accused of molesting a 13 year old girl. I would have been very upset the majority of the time and I really don't think that I would have been a good juryer. RD glad James is home and recovering. I wish everyone a good weekend and hope my dd has a good one as well, This separating from her soon to be x has taken a toll on her and it doesn't go away as easily as I was hoping it would. She is trying to cope as best as see can but you just can't turn off 20 years of love like nothing every happened. Her X has all but moved in his mistress and taking up as if nothing has happened. We can't for the life of us understand how he can do this with out any regard to her feelings but oh well GOD will get him for what he did and he has lost the love of his daughter as well. Again everyone have a good weekend
kathy
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends!

Well, I've had a rough couple of days, but woke up fairly pain free this morning. One thing I found out, 1/2 of a pain pill does not work. Anyway, took a whole one about 7:00 yesterday evening and slept well. I have a doctor appt this morning. Fortunately the office is nearby.

Donna, I'm so glad to hear that James is home and doing well! Good news, indeed!

BW, Bon Voyage! Have safe travels and a wonderful cruise!

Sue, I understand about the love/hate of going to those games. You wouldn't miss them, but "I don't do heat, well." I'm glad they won another game. I know they were excited!

Todd, I really discovered Southern Gospel Music at Dollywood. You are right when you talk about the talent -- it simply amazes me! It is the most uplifting music you can find.

Trip, I missed the post about the cruise you're hosting! I'll have to go back and find it. Yaaaaaaaa.

Well, better get ready to go see Dr. Cut-n-staple. Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from already warm Texas. It should be in the upper 90's by the end of the day.

Donna, So glad that James is home. All should settle down for you now.

Darlene, You have so been on my mind. Get well soon.

Yes Todd, My house is almost done. After Jim takes the dogs to the Doggie hotel this afternoon, I want to vacumn again.

We fly to Seattle in the morning where it is so much cooler than here.

I don't want the Cruisemates walls to come falling down, but I am not excited about this trip. I have tried to be so, but it just isn't working. We haven't even left home yet, and the sadness has already started. I went to get our passports out, and saw that Joe's was no longer there. We have always had four, now we have three.

But... I am going, and will work extra hard to try to have fun, or pretend for Jim and Josh. Pretending has become an art form for me.

For someone who reads this, who does not know the situation, will think I am the most ungratful person in the world. It's not that way at all.

In many ways I wish I was like James. He can go to the hospital and get his broken heart fixed, but there is no cure for mine.

I love you all so much. You have been my rock, and I never would have gotten through it without you.

My God Bless all of you, and keep you safe.

Love,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! There seems to be a glimmer of sunshine poking through the clouds this morning in Calgary. High above 60 for a change.

It's not summer temps, but I'm heading out later this morning to reaquaint myself with my golf clubs.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a humid day here in the land of 10,000 taxes. Some good rain last night. I'm glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday.

Today, and this weekend, will be kid time. My daughter has a booth and is doing a presentation at an organic, holistic, healthy, tastes like crap, festival, near our house, this weekend. She is presenting on natural pet care. Not everything needs to be a prescription. We'll take the kids to the festival for awhile and then see what the weekend brings.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning.
Rd… I’m happy to hear James is home and feeling better.” Looks like rain Alice” (Ralph Kramden )
Today I have ballroom dance lessons with the eighth grade graduating class and then an ice cream social for 600 students. I should be crazy and in need of a cocktail by tonight!! Looking forward to the Hawks game tonight and hopefully a win. Not much else going on here. Have a great weekend everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday of the Longest Week

Good morning from Southern California. Gonna be really hot here.

After my chemical cocktail yesterday, Keith treated me to dinner out. We went to one of our local Itaian restaurants. I slept like the proverbial log last night and plan to attack the ironing this morning while Keith is at the gym.

Have an excellent day, people!

Judy
Old June 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Luanne,

Hang in there darlin.' We're all behind you 110 percent. Give yourself a chance. While you certainly may not be excited you might find yourself enjoying things anyway.

B/W,

Marion Illinois, huh? I understand they have this very impressive edifice there where it's very safe because the security is impressive indeed!

Todd