Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday at Last!

Morning Mates,
It's still early here in Pictou County, but I see hope of a little sunshine today, at least it's trying...if it sticks around we may reach a high of 22C or 71F which would be a welcome relief!

I am up with the robins this morning so I can be at the Community Centre to set up my table of crafts for this morning's Farmer's Market.
I have taken photos of my work, and as soon as I get them loaded, I will post a few so you can see how I've been spending my unemployed time lately!

As for the rest of the day (the market closes at 11), who knows?
I am at the beck and call of dear hubby who is not allowed to drive for 5-6 weeks, so whatever he wants to do is what we'll do...
He is doing well, getting used to being the "Bionic Man", and feeling much more like his old self.

Wishing you all a great Saturday and relaxing weekend...

donna
Old June 5th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning Rollerdonna and all who follow!

It's beautiful this morning but I think I'd rather have your projected high temp than ours which is forecast to be 89 F.

While with my luck they probably won't have it, nevertheless I'm going over to Staples to possibly try and purchase a Compaq computer with a consumer rating of 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. I don't need a monitor so this one might be exactly the one for which I'm searching. I has 3G memory and 500 G HD as well as Windows 7. The best thing is it's priced at only $300!

Since it's "not available in all stores" or on line, I'm not holding my breath. But maybe I'll get lucky.

'Reckon Beenie Weenie and family boards today. Hope we get an update as to if they get out on time because of the oil which is getting so much worse. What an absolute tragedy for hundreds of thousands of people whose livelihood depends upon the sea and also for all of the animals that have and are going to die an horrendous death because of a situation that never ever should have occurred.

Prayers continue for those on the list accmpanied by a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old June 5th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY ,my favorite weather
Old June 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Captain

Good morning from a partly cloudy southern Ohio. Possible rain here today but will wait and see. It was a short night for me, we didn't get home from Columbus until 1:30 am and then up this morning before 7. It was a fun evening of square dancing and visiting with friends. After the dance 8 of us invaded the nearby McDonalds for ice cream. We closed the place down. On the way home we made a stop at Wal Mart to pick up some pop (soda) that they had on sale. 24 pack cubes for $3.77 each! With summer here and our camping getting into full swing it is always nice to have extra on hand.
Today will be another softball game for the grandaughter. It is coming to and end so hopefully they can win. This has been a learning year for them.
After the game it is back here to fix us a late lunch or early dinner as we have to hit the road again for another square dance. This one is only about 45 minutes from home so it shouldn't be to late in getting home tonight. D/H will be up before the chickens in the morning as he is going to the Memorial Golf Tournament in Columbus, Ohio. This was his Father's Day gift from our daughter. It is an early gift but she could not have gotten him anything he would have liked better. With him gone all day that leaves me in control of the remote!!! I can watch the NASCAR race, if the weather permits, with no interupptions. I am hoping to do some cleaning in my office if I can get my get up going! I can watch the race while doing that.
RD- hope you make millions at the sale today!
Todd- Good luck on the new computer. I'm sure you will be watching the race tomorrow also.

Hope all are well and have a great day. Prayers continue for all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday at Last

Good morning! It's overcast here in SoCal but will be 96 after the sun burns through the marine layer. I, too, envy your 71, Donna. Glad to hear that James is on the mend.

Keith is about to leave for Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. I plan to finish off a small pile of ironing. After that, I have no plans. Whatever it is, it'll be i the A/C!

Judy
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I have a new rule... always look outside first, before leaving to go golfing.

Got all set to head out for a game of golf. Forecast was for 68 F and partial cloud. Opened the garage to leave and found more than partial cloud, and RAIN.

Walked in, and poured myself another cup of coffee and am now pouting!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Just another so so day here in south Texas, cloudy and 70's till noon and 95 and sunny in the afternoon. Donna, you guys just need to visit down here once in a while. I have been busy planning a land cruise to Vegas and to take in some of the mountain scenery in Utah, New Mexico and Colorado.

Who needs Facebook when you can post on here every day?