Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Default Lazy Sunday Morning

Morning Mates,
Slept in till 9, what a treat! It's not raining, but it's not exactly clear either.
Rain is in the forecast, but at the moment, it's just dull with a few peeks of the sun. Might be a good day to get that weeding of the gardens done, while it's not too hot, and the bugs are not around.

Yesterday, my first attempt at selling crafts at the Farmers' Market was a bust. I didn't sell a thing. The Bake Table and the Fresh Produce table did a roaring business however. I will make another attempt at next month's market, or at a few other craft-selling venues in town.

Wishing all my mates a lovely, relaxing Sunday, and better weather than here!

donna
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I saw clear blue sky when I stuck my head out the door to get my morning newspaper, so there's some hope for the day.

The weather people, who make their forecasts the same way - sticking their head out the door to get their newspapers - are saying it's going to hit 70 today, with sunshine & then turn ugly again Monday, with rain through Thurs.

So, I'll be heading out to the golf course shortly, and I don't really care about Mon. - Thurs. since I'll be in Vegas! (where forecasts are calling for record heat in the 115-120 range).
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its HHH once again
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Default Lazy Sunday Morning

Good morning from sunny and hot Southern California. Yesterday, it was 96, and more of same today.

Keith just brought in the Sunday paper. Later we will attend the last play of the season at the South Coast Repertory Theater in Costa Mesa, preceded by lunch and a bit of shopping.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a nice day here in the land of 10,000 doggy piles in my yard.

It was a wet day yesterday so we didn't spend too much time at the Organic Foods Festival. Today we'll go back and see what else there is to do. I know that my organic hamburger may have been chemical free but it was also flavor free. A lot of the other "organic and healthy foods" reminded me of cardboard. People need to realize that eating healthy doesn't mean eating flavorless. However, there was some great ice cream and the produce was excellent.

I don't know how active I'll be. I woke up this morning with a sore knee and no idea how it got that way. One of those mystery aches that show up when you reach a certain age.

Oh well: I'm off to take on the day and I hope everyone also takes it on and has a great time doing it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Mike I long ago realized that fat free equals flavor free! They take out the naural flavor of fat and put in a ton of sugars to give it a little flavor. I do think the fruits and veggies benefit from being organic. Brings out the natural flavor of the produce because it is not covered in chemicals. I tried some organically grown coffee and it was the best coffee I ever had. Now if they would just get the prices in line it would be great.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 6th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Laura, ain't that the truth!

Well it's well into the afternoon. Yesterday Fran and I drove to the other side of the county to a wide place in the road called Mosheim (Mos/heim)to enjoy the "Moshiem Fun Days." We had the best cheeseburgers we've had in a long time and spent several enjoyable hours wandering through the booth area and chatting with those seeking local public office.

We were handed a flyer for a little local restaurant and we went back there this morning for breakfast. It was definitely worth it. See, advertising does pay!

The rain delay at Pocono is almost over and the sun is out so 'reckon they'll shortly finally get the green flag.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old June 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Captain

I have been a busy person today. Up at 6 am to get D/H off to meet up with a friend for the trip to Columbus, Ohio and the Memorial Golf thingy going on up there. I sat and enjoyed the quite house while having my morning coffee then decided to get moving and see if I could find the office, I knew it was here somewhere! It is now 4:30 pm and I have a nice clean and organized office again. I even found a couple of brochures I thought I had ran out of :eek:! While doing this I turned the TV on in here and the golf channel was showing the above mentioned golf thingy. Low and behold they panned the crowd and I saw D/H! He was intensly watching some guy tee off. The weather is doing them a favor and staying good.
Todd- I have be watching the race, since they were able to get it going. Bowyer is holding off Bush right now....Oh how I hope Kyle doesn't win. I am a bow tie girl so I pull for all of them.
RD- well my wish for you to make millions yesterday obviously didn't come true! Sorry for your bad luck....maybe next time.

Well I think I will tackle cleaning up the kitchen while I'm on a roll and won't have to stop to fix dinner. Since I'm alone today think I'll just fix me a nice salad for supper a little later.

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews