CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   We have returned (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/374353-we-have-returned.html)

rayb June 7th, 2010 03:48 PM

We have returned

Only been gone for 7 days. Came back to a few worries.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Emerald Princess. As you may know we had one of our Grandsons with us. He just graduated from High School. It was his first cruise and he tells us that it was more than he expected. He had a very good time. He probably will write a story now.

One of our worries is having to learn that our Daughter staying with us has developed a MRSA Steph Infection on her arm. Do not know how, when or when she became infected. Just this morning the Health Center called to inform us of the results of the test. NOT GOOD. She is on very strong med now to cure up the infection. We are disenfecting the house to try to prevent spreading. Whats gonna happen next we do not know.

I have pictures of our cruise and hope to get them into the gallery ASAP.

Lakers Fan June 7th, 2010 03:58 PM

Welcome back from your trip .Hopefully your daughter will be fun very soon

Trip June 7th, 2010 04:08 PM

Hi Ray and Helen!
So glad you were able to experience this cruise, through your grandson's eyes! He is hooked now too I bet!

My daighter in law, had the same indection this winter. She was kate to be diagnosed, due to circumstances, ut with antibitics, and topical meds, she is ok ...which is what I wish for Denice....

Sea you in chat.xoxoxox

Trip June 7th, 2010 04:08 PM

Hi Ray and Helen!
So glad you were able to experience this cruise, through your grandson's eyes! He is hooked now too I bet!

My daughter in law, had the same infection this winter. She was late to be diagnosed, due to a ew circumstances, but,with antibiotics, and topical meds, she is ok ...which is what I wish for Denice....

Sea you in chat.xoxoxox

Mike M June 7th, 2010 04:58 PM

Welcome back Ray and Helen!

I'm glad to hear your grandson loved his first cruise.

I had the MRSA scare just before I left on my May 3, Century cruise. It turned out be a "regular" staph infection but I was amazed at how fast it grew from a small bump to a small chicken egg in less than eight hours.

They treated it like MRSA and I was on the Sulpha and Cephlaxyn for two weeks. There is still a small BB like bump under my skin but the doc said that's normal.

Good to have the both of you home safe and sound.

Take care,
Mike

skymaster June 7th, 2010 07:03 PM

A BIG welcome home to you and Helen. So sorry to hear about your daughter, but I have faith that everything will work out O.K. Look forward to seeing both of you again soon.

Ken and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita)
"SKY"

Cruznut2 June 7th, 2010 07:19 PM

Welcome Home Ray and Helen!! Nice that your grandson loved his first cruise. Sorry to hear that your daughter has that infection. I wil send a prayer and good wishes up for her. Thinking of ou all. Hope to see you soon.

Laura

ready2gonow June 7th, 2010 08:00 PM

Ray, I'm glad to hear that you have created another cruiser, to help maintain the industry! I know you enjoyed watching him discover all cruising has to offer.

But, wow! What a shocker to come home to! Hopefully, your daughter will respond quickly to the medication and that will be the end of it!

Fern June 7th, 2010 09:13 PM

Welcome home, Ray and Helen! I'm sorry to hear of your sweet daughter's infection, but I'm sure that the doctor's and their med's can keep everything under control :). I'm so happy to hear that one of your (hundred's :D!) of grandchildren enjoyed his cruise with y'all!

(We need more pictures!)

Donna June 7th, 2010 10:10 PM

Ray & Helen,
Welcome back, missed you around here...Hope your daughter will recover nicely....

Lisa June 8th, 2010 01:49 AM

Welcome home, Ray! I am so glad you had a wonderful time. It may be that I am jaded (as a nurse), but the treatment for MRSA is going to be good for your daughter. MRSA is becoming more common and the treatment may seem extreme, but it will cure her. Waiting to hear for some good news from you regarding your DD.

ToddDH June 8th, 2010 05:16 AM

Welcome home Ray and Helen and glad you and your grandson had such a marvelous cruise. Can't wait for the pictures.

As is everyone else, I'm confident your daughter's MRSA will be successfully treated. She is in out prayers.

Todd

rollerdonna June 8th, 2010 07:31 AM

Welcome back Ray and Helen, we've missed your photos around here!
I see you're creating another generation of cruisers - good for you!
Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she recovers quickly without infecting you all!

donna

katlady June 8th, 2010 09:09 AM

Welcome back I'm sure you created a wonderful memory for your grandson's first cruise with his grand parents. He'll always enjoy cruising, but his first time with you will be special.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter I hope she responds quickly to the medicine and makes a quick recovery. I also hope you killed the bacteria that caused the infection. So no one else is infected.