Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Default Souveneirs from your childhood

Do you still have something from your childhood that you saved all these years ?I have my first grade report card
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Admiral

As a "certifiable" pack rat, I have lot's of "stuff" ! I've been collecting owl's since I was very young (a long, long time ago ). I also have all of my report cards. I have many book's that belonged to my parent's and some of my books from when I was a child.

I could elaborate, but I think you get the idea! It's very hard for me to give up anything that's related to my "earlier" life!

Just recently I began to clean out and pass on "stuff". So far, I haven't missed any of it.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Default personal items

I have my first pair of shoes ,drinking cup ,a spoon ,scarf and the very first razor I ever used
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

A hat from the 1964 Worlds Fair in New York. (and way too many other things....)
Angela Z.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Admiral

I was at the World's Fair too in 1964 but all I have is memories ,not even pictures .I was at the site in June 2009 and took a picture of the few remaining things.
Old June 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Admiral

I have my baby memorie book. Most of our stuff burned up when I was 14 in our house fire but the book made it out in pretty good shape.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Oh Boy, don't get me started! I am a bit of pack rat too, mostly photo albums from when I got my first camera in 1967 for Expo 67 in Montreal. I do have some Expo memorabilia as well, and a rain cape from the 76 Olympics in Montreal as well.
I also have a huge School Years scrapbook with all the reports, photos, artwork and certificates from each grade right through high school.
One of the strangest things I kept from childhood is a yellow plastic piggy bank. Don't know why, it's ugly, but I still have it!

donna
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Admiral

I do believe that I still have a stuffed toy "Scottish Terrier" dog from when I was 4 years old circa 1968 among other things???

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

From the 1964 World's Fair, I have a beer glass from the Schaefer Pavillion. Also, have my first pair of shoes, a baby album and my favorite Teddy Bear. Have many old 45 rpm records from the 50's, complete with jacket covers. Anyone remember the Toni Doll? I have mine.

Leyla from Long Island
Old June 11th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Admiral

So good to see your post Leyla. You've been away from this thread far too long!

I too have a whole slew of things when I was a youngster including most of my report cards (which I would burn before allowing anyone else to see them )!

I also have a stuffed Smoky Bear replete with hat and uniform that I received from my father when I was about five upon his return from a business trip. I slept with it every night until I was about eight. Remember guys before you laugh, that in comparison with women, men usually don't mature until they're around 40. It took me probably an additional 20 years beyond that and even then, my wife will take great issue with that claim.

Todd
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Default Expo 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Oh Boy, don't get me started! I am a bit of pack rat too, mostly photo albums from when I got my first camera in 1967 for Expo 67 in Montreal. I do have some Expo memorabilia as well, and a rain cape from the 76 Olympics in Montreal as well.
I also have a huge School Years scrapbook with all the reports, photos, artwork and certificates from each grade right through high school.
One of the strangest things I kept from childhood is a yellow plastic piggy bank. Don't know why, it's ugly, but I still have it!

donna
I was in Montreal in 1969 .A lot of the exhibits from 1967 were still in place .I still have the 1967 guide book . Since then I have been to Montreal 5 times and to various parts of Canada 17 times
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Default Schaefer Pavillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny of the seas View Post
From the 1964 World's Fair, I have a beer glass from the Schaefer Pavillion. Also, have my first pair of shoes, a baby album and my favorite Teddy Bear. Have many old 45 rpm records from the 50's, complete with jacket covers. Anyone remember the Toni Doll? I have mine.

Leyla from Long Island
Wow ,I remember that
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

When I was 5 yrs old, I had my tonsils out, and, when I cam home in the heat of the summer, all I was allowed to do was sit outside on a lounge chair and eat ice cream

My elderly neighbor, Mrs Cooney, came over with a gift for me..maybe an odd gift for a 5 yr old, but, one I have treasured forever. It was a black and white porcelain dog planter. It sits proudly in my china cabinet, and, I wonder how it lasted for 55 years in one piece, but it has, and I am so glad.

Somewhere, I have assorted report cards, and my grammar school autograph book, and sundry other recolllections of times past....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; June 11th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old June 11th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Default Souveniers from Your Childhood

I have few things. My childhood stuff was in my mother's house in MN and got sold or given away when she went into a care facility. I do have a couple of scrap books, my confirmation Bible, and piles of photos from family life and classmate graduation pictures.

Judy