Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday and the Weekend is Here!

Morning Mates,
It's wonderful to wake up to yet another sunny day here in Pictou County.
It's only 13C or 55F, but if it warms up like yesterday, it will be quite pleasant by afternoon.
I managed more gardening yesterday and have the back pain to prove it.
It is tough work, but it must get done. I'll post pictures eventually....

No big plans here today, just weeding.
Then we are invited to a BBQ tonight, so no cooking is always nice!
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

donna
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning, RD, and all my other friends to follow!

Looks like the beginning of a beautiful day, but I know that can be a little deceiving, because it will be hot and humid, and, oh yeah, really humid. Don will doing a few things. I will try to hide from the heat.

RD, I know you are thankful for the nice days you have had. Be careful with your back! I know you are anxious to get your flower beds in order, but don't over-do it.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Captain

Sun is up and so am I. Had an adventurous trip up here to the campground yesterday. It a big storm and made driving this motorhome a chore. Top speed was around 35 MPH for over 40 miles. Once we were past the storm the drive was fine. Got here around 6:30 pm, set up, and the skys opened up again. Rained hard for about 15 minutes and it was gone.
D/H called his square dance and then we all sat around visiting, it was fun. Bad thing our A/C unit seems to be on the fritz. With temps & humidity due to be high today that could be an issue. I just know that Monday morning I will be calling the RV repair shop to get this in and fixed. We have a big weekend at the end of the month in Louisville for the National Square Dance convention and will be camping in a large parking lot. I know I'll need the air down there!
I will probably spend the day enjoying the outdoors. This campground is very nice so a walk on the trails with the dog will give us both some exercise. A big carry-in dinner is scheduled for 5 so I know we will be stuffed when that is over. Then more dancing tonight and if there is no rain a campfire afterwards with SMORES!!!!! I can feel the pounds adding on as we speak. Oh well what the heck they are worth it.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning
TGIS!! Well the graduation dace is just a memory now. I can’t believe how exhausted I am and how my butt will be doing absolutely nothing today. It was a very emotional night with most of the kids crying and hugging one another for the last 30 minutes of the dance. It must have struck them that this part of their lives was over and a new journey will begin. Most of the kids have been together since kindergarten. A lot a very hard work went in to last night and it showed and now on the graduation ceremony on Monday.
My bedroom delivery was short out chest of drawers so that should be here between 11:00-1:00 today.
Other than that, that’s all folks…. Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot but rainy NY
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Clear blue skies overhead in Calgary... WHAT a change! They're calling for mid 70s temps today and again tomorrow. The two nicest days in a long while, so I bet you can guess my plans for the day................................right, golf!

Next week we're apparently looking for "crappy" weather again

If I weren't heading to Italy in just 3 weeks, I'd get the heck out here again Monday.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday and the Weekend is Here

Good morning. Still overcast here. Keith has left for Flabob and the Wright Flyer Project. Apparently, the house next door has finally been sold. Somebody's over there with a radio blasting. Sigh . . .

Have a good day.

Judy
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Good morning all,

It is certainly a cloudy, showery, warm and extremely humid day here in upper East Tennessee. We found a microwave the exact size as our old one (which is required to fit in the space where the old one sat) up in Johnson City. So it was a productive morning.

Got the grass cut yesterday so today I reckon' it's "chill out Saturday."

Prayers and Blessings continue.....

Todd
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Captain

Man, I have been away from the boards waaay too long!

We are visiting DD to do grandbaby sitting for SIL's residency graduation tonight.. woohoo! Galveston is always a great place to visit (well, except for the Ike time frame). Hot and humid but breezy. Mid-afternoon we will get a few "cool ones" and go sit on the tailgate and watch the Ecstasy sail always fun to watch folks screeching up to the dock at the last minute, folks hanging off the rail waving to friends who dropped them off, listening to the announcements Ahhhh, big sigh - I wanna' go with them.

Oh well. The tomorrow there's the Conquest and we do it again.

Great weekend.
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Magnolia Blossom, Nice to see you around the boards again!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator