Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Serenity

Morning Mates, from a sunny and serene Sunday in Pictou County.
It is another beautiful day, and if anything like yesterday, will reach way beyond 20C! I worked outside most of yesterday and had to come in, it was so hot!
I think I will take a break from the gardening today as my entire is body is screaming "enough!"

Last night we had a delightful evening with new friends at a BBQ at one of their homes. The hostess and I share a birthday month and week, so it was a dual celebration. Good food, good wine, good company, what more can you ask for?

donna
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It felt good to sleep in my own bed last night, even though I didn't get enough sleep. Guess I will have to catch a nap today or go to bed earlier tonight.
We made it in the door about 12:30 last night and spent some time apologizing to the kitties for leaving them. The cat sitter did his job and they were alright, aside from some minor stuff.
In a minute I have to go wake up the bed heads so they can get ready for church soon. I have lots of stuff on the go right now, so I need to get off the computer and do something productive for a change .

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning Roller Donna and Beenie Weenie and a great big welcome home to you B/W! Hope you the hubby and kids had a wonderful time on your cruise. One thing interesting about cats, B/W, unlike dogs, they really don't miss you while you're on a vacation but they're glad to see you when you get home. Go figure!

Had a line of very heavy thunder boomers plow through here earlier this morning and it appears as if, for most of the day at least, it's going to be cloudy with showers. The temp is forecast to rise to 87 and as yesterday, it's going to be extremely humid.

That was really some soccer game yesterday in London. Am so happy we tied, even if it was as a result of a mistake by GB's goalie. Of course the British are much better than are we but it's kinda' fun to pinch some blue noses of that sport now and again.

I gotta' get my sugar under control. Ever since I've been put on that cardiac anti-arrythmic Tikosyn, I haven't been able to take my Metformin. I'm trying with diet including my other meds which now includes an insulin called Lantus. However when I woke up in the middle of the night last night, it was 354, similar levels of which are appearing all too often. Am going to ask for another I guess "regular type of insulin" to handle those spikes as Lantus is designed to work with another such type of insulin that does. We'll see.

Prayers are being offered for everyone on the list along with that request for Blessings upon all!

Hope everyone has a glorious Sunday!

Todd
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from hot and sunny NY . Todd ,I enjoy reading your inspirational posts ,always.

I hope everyone has a happy ,healthy Sunday
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Thank you Henry, you are indeed a kind man.

Todd
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Serenity

Good morning! No June gloom. The sun is out in all its glory, and temp is suposed to be in the 80's today.

Donna, have a serene Sunday, indeed. Rest thy bones.
BW, welcome home!
Todd, I get upset if my blood sugar goes over 160, which is often does in the mornings.

And speaking of serene, Keith and I have no plans for today . . . just some breakfast and the Los Angeles Times. Lunch solmewhere later.

Judy
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We're getting a sneak peak at Summer today, with temps rising to the mid 80s.

Or today might be OUR summer, because lousy weather is forecast to make it's comeback tomorrow, and for the balance of the next 10 days. Can only hope "they're" wrong as usual.

At any rate, it means another trip to the golf course for me, and then dinner tonight with Kuki Jr. and his bride.
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Hi Todd
Just to let you know the game between England and USA was played in South Africa not London. Shame about England's goalie though!!!!!
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon where it is alrady eighty-seven degrees outside! I haven't been on cruismates for two weeks. Over Memorial Day Weekend, Rob and I spent a few days in Williamsburg and then had to catch up with errands. This past weekend, our younger daughter, husband, and children were in . (Of course I had to do a thorough cleaning up of the house before they came). While there were here and visited friends who also came into town from out of town, I went to a friend's daughter's baby shower. Last night Rob and I were treated to dinner at McCormick and Schmidts by our younger daughter and her husband. How we enjoyed the grandchildren! Hope everybody has a great day and smooth sailing to those who are going on cruises soon.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Good Sunday Morning Roller Donna and Beenie Weenie and a great big welcome home to you B/W! Hope you the hubby and kids had a wonderful time on your cruise. One thing interesting about cats, B/W, unlike dogs, they really don't miss you while you're on a vacation but they're glad to see you when you get home. Go figure!

Todd
I don't believe that. I think some cats do miss their owners. My cats don't eat very well when were gone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Admiral

My point is not really that scientific Aerogirl (although I first heard it from a Veterinarian). We have a cat sitter who is akin to an adopted daughter and she comes in every day we're away to attend to them by cleaning litter boxes, feeding them and most importantly, playing with and loving them (even though she is greatly allergic to cats!).

I once asked our resident Sumo Wrestler, Crown Prince Winston the Huge, if he and his siblings missed us when we were away.

His response was educational to say the least. He replied, "Are you outta' your mind? When you and Mommy are away we can get on whatever piece of furniture or counter we wish without one of you yelling at us and Aunt Christine doesn't ration our food as Mommy does. Why in heaven would we want you to come home? Go back on another cruise, have a ball! We don't care! And anyway, where is my Fancy Feast? I'm hungry!" I told him that his was a good idea, that we should go on more cruises. But since cruising is so expensive, I told him we were going to change from Fancy Feast to a house brand cat food in order to accrue the necessary funds. Now Winston's singular question is, "Do you have enough saved for a cruise yet?"

Todd
Old June 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Todd,
I tell out cat sitter to keep the cats all cat nipped up

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
My point is not really that scientific Aerogirl (although I first heard it from a Veterinarian). We have a cat sitter who is akin to an adopted daughter and she comes in every day we're away to attend to them by cleaning litter boxes, feeding them and most importantly, playing with and loving them (even though she is greatly allergic to cats!).

I once asked our resident Sumo Wrestler, Crown Prince Winston the Huge, if he and his siblings missed us when we were away.

His response was educational to say the least. He replied, "Are you outta' your mind? When you and Mommy are away we can get on whatever piece of furniture or counter we wish without one of you yelling at us and Aunt Christine doesn't ration our food as Mommy does. Why in heaven would we want you to come home? Go back on another cruise, have a ball! We don't care! And anyway, where is my Fancy Feast? I'm hungry!" I told him that his was a good idea, that we should go on more cruises. But since cruising is so expensive, I told him we were going to change from Fancy Feast to a house brand cat food in order to accrue the necessary funds. Now Winston's singular question is, "Do you have enough saved for a cruise yet?"

Todd
Todd, strangely enough, this is what OUR cat's say to us after spending a week or two with the cat/house sitter :eek: ! Do you think there's a "cat conspiracy" going on? Maybe a UNION of cat's? Is Winston the "head cat"?

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014