Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Default It's Monday Already!

Morning Mates,
Another Monday is here again, and it looks like a cloudy one here in Pictou County. It's only 13C and feels cooler, I hope it warms up a bit!

I took the day off yesterday and did nothing, because my body refused to move. Didn't help much because I'm still in pain, and the weeds just keep on growing, so I will probably be back out there pulling later today!

Last night we enjoyed a bit of local entertainment. A well-known (in these parts) singer/songwriter and Saturday night Trivia Host, put on a one-man show titled "Salt Water in Your Socks". He performed a monologue and many songs in the character of crusty old sea-faring fisherman from Nova Scotia.
He was wonderful, his yarns were funny and poignant, and his songs about the sea were fantastic. Many of them reminded me of our own Paul B.'s poems about the sea!
Such great talent here in Novas Scotia!

donna
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning, RD, and all to follow!

Wish you could send me a little of that "cooler" weather. We have another day of hot, humid weather in store for us. Don't you wish your flowers would grow as fast as those weeds! Just doesn't seem right, does it.

Not a whole lot on my agenda. A little of this and a little that, but nothing to get excited about.

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 14th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D, Darlene and all who follow.

It might not be a bad idea R/D, to give your body another day's rest. Remember kiddo, you're retired now and every day is a SATURDAY!

Afraid it's another hot and very humid day on tap here in East Tennessee as well, Darlene. High is supposed to be 90 F.

Nothing exciting on today's calendar. Have to have my Protime (INR) tested to see if my rat poison needs adjusting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, especially those who have to return to work.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Guess that I need to move to Nova Scotia Guess not, I prefer 93 and sunny days. Good Monday morning!!!!
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates~!
It is hot and humid out. I am making the kids do their schoolwork, which is making me very unpopular, but it is amazing how much they have already forgotten in just the 10 days we were gone. It has to be done or they will be falling behind by the time next school year begins. They are both being bribed with their new favorite games and for every three hours they work they get an hour of play time with the new games. I think that's more than fair. Hopefully by noon we'll be done, have lunch, they will play for an hour and then go see their buddies at the sitter's for a couple of hours to play with them. Life is rough eh?

I am slowly getting back into the groove. I don't have a lot going on, just hard to get motivated. Father's Day is right around the corner. D/H went on a golf outing yesterday and pulled out his golf clubs to find out that the mice chewed up the grips on some of his clubs and his golf bag smelled to high heaven... So I am thinking I may get his clubs re-gripped and just ordered him a new golf bag for Father's Day. I am hopeful I can get the clubs done by Sunday. We shall see.

I just started going through the pictures from the cruise. I need to hone my underwater photography skills a little more, but I will do better next time I am sure. I may get to posting a few in the next week or so. Things on the cruise went well. The Triumph was in better condition than last time we sailed her before the refurb. However, I swear (unless they give me the cruise for free ) I will never, ever, ever cruise on Carnival again during the summer months. It was pandemonium... and they definitely earned their party boat reputation. Which I have never encountered to this degree before on their ships, I am sure that is because we have never sailed during the summer months when school is out of session. I will write more about it later, when I have time to go into more detail. The ports were great, I am seriously thinking about booking a land based trip back to Roatan. It was very nice and I got to get out and see more of the island this time and I really enjoyed it immensely.

Well I better get some work done around here. Hope you all have a great week!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CM's it is 90 here in Florida. I refuse to complain because in January the only thing I am digging is beach sand, not snow. I can live with that. The heat is not that bad since I am only out in it to go from the house to the car and then in to whatever air conditioned building I need to go to. I was up and out by 5:30 to go to the clinic for lab work. Then off to WalMart to get groceries. I am home and busy saying hello to you all. Finally enjoying my coffee with hazelnut cream and cinnamon. I guess it is time for me to settle down and get some work done. Have the greatest day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Good morning from muggy NY
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Default It's Monday Already

Good morning. Gonna be a hot one here in SoCal.

We had a very un-summery but delicious lunch yesterday at King's Fish House: we shared a plate of California Rolls and each had a bowl of lobster bisque. Yummy!

Well, as Darlene said, my agenda consists of a little bit of this and a little of that but nothing to get excited about.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old June 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Admiral

I'm now the proud parent of an 8th grade graduate!!
Look out high school here he comes.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Admiral

Congratulations to your graduate! He and you should be so proud!

Todd
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Thanks Todd. His father and I are very proud of him.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014