CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My hubby refused to buy me the new Vanity Fair!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/374499-my-hubby-refused-buy-me-new-vanity-fair.html)

katlady June 14th, 2010 11:16 AM

My hubby refused to buy me the new Vanity Fair!!

How rude is that. Because of my pain pills and surgery I'm not able to drive over to the store and pick up the new vanity fair. So I asked my hubby to do it. He comes back from the store with no Vanity Fair. He said he won't buy it for me I have to do it myself. He will drive me to the store. That was a week ago. He had an issue with the cover. I think it's a nice cover.:twisted: But you be the judge. Both this gentlemen are talented soccer players and this is the World Cup edition. These two players are Soccer stars Cristiano Ronaldo playing for Portugal and Didier Drogba playing for the Ivory Coast. Portugal plays the Ivory Coast tomorrow at 10Am eastern time on ESPN.
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1...fair-cover.jpg

CruisinK n J June 14th, 2010 11:43 AM

My Hubby Refused to Buy Me the New Vanity Fair

Too funny!

Judy

LisaK June 14th, 2010 11:45 AM

i don't see anything at all wrong with that cover lol

venice June 14th, 2010 12:25 PM

I agree with your husband:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: what you failed to include is that you cancelled his subscription to GQ because of the cover featuring Supermodel Miranda Kerr8)8)8)8)

PeniPene June 14th, 2010 12:47 PM

The cover looks perfectly acceptable to me. I think you should get it delivered to your house. This way your husband does not have to be involved in getting it for you and you don't have to move.

rollerdonna June 14th, 2010 03:47 PM

I see nothing wrong with that cover either - can you get me a copy?? ;)

donna

Trip June 14th, 2010 04:26 PM

Do what I do and subscribe to it:) Many times the "goodies" are inside too, so you never know..that way you won't miss a thing...I agree the eye candy is glorious;)

Phil&Liz June 14th, 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK (Post 1297486)
i don't see anything at all wrong with that cover lol

One word...Photoshop.

Phil & Liz

lindnet June 14th, 2010 09:06 PM

Wow! Hubba hubba!

Don't mind me......I'm just drooling a little big. :p

JamesRT June 14th, 2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindnet (Post 1297614)
Wow! Hubba hubba!

And this from the bashful one! rofl

Mam
I'm shocked! rofl

lindnet June 14th, 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesRT (Post 1297627)
And this from the bashful one! rofl

Mam
I'm shocked! rofl

Oops! I think I've been busted! :p:p

Lakers Fan June 15th, 2010 09:43 AM

I think you should cancel your husbands Playboy subscription

katlady June 15th, 2010 02:17 PM

I won't bother to cancel my husband's GQ or Playboy subscriptions if he had them.LOL I don't care about half dressed women in magazines. He will never meet these women so they are no worry to me.:mrgreen:I don't get to jealous, I trust my hubby. My hubby is the same way. He just felt funny getting a magazine with men in their underwear. I don't understand it, because he does the self check out so no one is going to see it anyway.:confused:

My doctor wants me to walk for recovery. We don't live that far from the store so I just walked over and got the magazine. Ladies it doesn't disappointment some really nice pictures inside the magazine. Nicey Nicey. I think this is a great thing for soccer.;)

katlady June 15th, 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindnet (Post 1297614)
Wow! Hubba hubba!

You should see the pages inside the magazine. Some good looking men playing professional soccer.:mrgreen:

lindnet June 15th, 2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1297733)
You should see the pages inside the magazine. Some good looking men playing professional soccer.:mrgreen:

I'll have to check it out. You know, just to make sure you should be looking at it. We wouldn't want you to get too excited, you know.

And of course I'm very interested in soccer. ;)

katlady June 15th, 2010 03:39 PM

Congrats to New Zealand defender Winston Reid!!!:D He scored his first international goal about 30 seconds before the end of the game. This tied the game and gave New Zealand their first point in the World Cup. In the first round of the World Cup losing is 0 points, tying is 1 point, and winning is 3 points.

The other teams in this group also tied that means all the teams are even going into the second round. This was a huge goal for New Zealand. I don't think Winston Reid should have gotten a yellow card for taking off his shirt.:roll: Oh BTW rhe USA played very well against England and had a 1 to 1 tie. Huge error on the English goalkeeper's part. England was the toughest team in thier group. I hope to see them win the next two games.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/SPO...rg.reid.gi.jpg

katlady June 15th, 2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindnet (Post 1297737)
I'll have to check it out. You know, just to make sure you should be looking at it. We wouldn't want you to get too excited, you know.

And of course I'm very interested in soccer. ;)

At the end of a soccer match the players take off their jersey's and trade jersey's with the opposing team. It is a wonderful tradition.:mrgreen:

lindnet June 15th, 2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1297746)
At the end of a soccer match the players take off their jersey's and trade jersey's with the opposing team. It is a wonderful tradition.:mrgreen:

Oh my, that IS a wonderful tradition. I think all sports should adopt that one. Oh wait......maybe not all sports. :rolleyes:

Angela Z. June 15th, 2010 08:35 PM

Another happy Vanity Fair subscriber here! :D
Although when I saw the title of the thread my first thought was why wouldn't he buy her the new one that has Elizabeth Taylor on the cover which had just arrived in our mailbox :rolleyes:
Angela Z.

Lakers Fan June 16th, 2010 07:54 AM

Recite this mantra to your husband:

"I only have eyes for you"

Then no subscriptions have to be cancelled

katlady June 16th, 2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1297878)
Recite this mantra to your husband:

"I only have eyes for you"

Then no subscriptions have to be cancelled

That is my favorite song. The Flamingos. I think I will sing it to him.;)

Lakers Fan June 16th, 2010 02:43 PM

Song

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1297912)
That is my favorite song. The Flamingos. I think I will sing it to him.;)

I love this song ,if I could sing I would serenade my wife

venice June 16th, 2010 04:32 PM

so Kat..does this mean that I no longer have to send my annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue to your husband in a brown paper bag every year :rofl::rofl:that he requested

the song you should sing to your husband is not "I Only Have Eyes For You" but "It's Cheaper To Keep Her" by Johnny Taylor :rofl: and then treat him to a double feature video night...1)" Body Heat" and 2) "Fatal Attraction"

remember when the player on the USA Woman's soccer team in the Olympics took off her jersey when she scored and showed her sports bra..not quite the same thing heh :rofl: