Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday I Think

A very early good morning from me who is sleepless in Pictou County.
I have been up all night with a sick doggie who tried some new food yesterday.
Not a good idea, she has been out 3 times with diarrhea overnight and needed a bath each time she came in.
Poor thing is suffering, and I'm not getting any sleep, but that's OK, I'll sleep later...

Wednesday was a very nice day out. The weather was perfect, and we had a nice visit to the port of Halifax, including a great Fish 'n Chips lunch on an outdoor terrace right on the water.
There are photos in the Personal Gallery if you're interested, but I have to post one here of the only cruise ship we saw in Halifax:

Yup, that's Theodore Too, the Tugboat. You can book rides on Theodore to sail out in the harbour and greet the cruise ships as they come in to port! Unfortunately, there were NO cruise ships in yesterday, but we're going back next month with visitors, so I will try again!

donna
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

RD, There is nothing better than fresh seafood right at the ocean. I love Nova Scotia, so picturesque. I do hope Emma feels better soon.
Thursday for sure. I am having company for lunch and they are bringing the lunch!! I am providing pool time for them. I look forward to seeing them. I guess I beter get some work done here so I can play all afternoon. I have been taking advantage of the pools this season.
Have a great day CM's.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 17th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning, my friends

I awoke early this morning, and decided to quit flipping and flopping, and just get up. Thank you so much for all your kind words and prayers. They mean so much to me. Yesterday was a very busy day, but we got all the arrangements planned.

I have a spot of sunshine in my day, today. My PGB (my precious grandbaby, who's 6) has been participating in a week long dance camp (her first), and today they will have a mini-recital, for the families! Let's hear it, all together now,,,,, Awwwwww.

Everyone have a wonderful day, and don't forget to hug your loved one.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
RD Sorry to hear your poor baby is under the weather. It is amazing how some dogs and cats can eat pretty much anything that isn't nailed down, while others are sensitive to any change. It is also kind of scary when you buy pet food to know what it actually contains and where those ingredients came from. I saw your pics of Theodore and he is absolutely adorable. He looks like something out of Thomas The Tank Engine. I hope you get to go out on him during your next visit.

Darlene enjoy PGB today, they grow up so quickly. These days are precious.

I had a great day yesterday, today I have a lighter schedule early in the day and then d/d has a softball game tonight and I have another choir practice tonight. Hopefully d/h will get home in time so I can make it to both without having to clone myself.

Can you guys believe this month is nearly half over? Time is flying by. I have barely had time to do anything outside lately. I am frustrated by that, so this weekend I have nothing that absolutely has to be done aside from going to church on Sunday, and I intend to do some serious relaxation and enjoy my home and my yard. You know all this stuff we work so hard to have, and then forget to take the time to actually enjoy? That's right, I am going to spend the weekend back on my patio, in the pool and the hot tub, maybe I will go get myself a good book to devour and go buy a nice chaise lounge to lay back on. I also bought a tree swing but have yet to hang it from the tree yet. So that's my plan!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

BW, you're right about Theodore reminding you of Thomas the Tank Engine.
Theodore is a Canadian character who now has books and an animated TV show in his likeness. He is modeled after the Thomas series, and is voiced in the TV show by the late, great Denny Doherty of the Mamas and the Papas.
Theodore even has his own gift shop on the pier!

Here's a link and some photos of Theodore and cruise ships in port:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Too

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; June 17th, 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .I shall attempt a 3 mile walk today
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a very soon to be hot and steamy Chicago. Oh my goodness Theodore the tug boat! My son loved him when he was little. AWWW
RD… poor puppy hope she feels better real soon. I also agree with the title of the thread. Since school has been out I think every day is Saturday. Hope everyone has a good day. Henry… pace yourself on the 3 mile walk when it’s so hot and be sure to bring water with you.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from the Bay Area.

It is a beautiful morning here. It's been that way for the last six days, except for some warm temps over the weekend.

Today is a business day. I am meeting with my MIL's lawyer and broker to settle some things and rearrange the finances.

My MIL is having a mass on Saturday and today will also be some shopping for food and preparation of Polish dishes for after the mass.

Donna: Sorry about Emma's food problem. If you need to change her food you should gradually mix in the new food with the old and increase the ratio until she's acclimated.

I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday I Think

Good morning from Southern California. Another warm sunny day in store. Should be beautiful.

Poor Emma! Have you found a good vet in your new community, Donna?

I have my fist appt. with a podiatrist this afternoon. I hope he can provide suggestions for relief of my foot problems.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A sloppy wet day in store yet again in Calgary. I've got to get out later and do some grocery shopping, or I won't be able to stay at my fighting weight.

That and a visit to my mother to pick up her mail. She was so excited yesterday to receive a letter saying a Nigerian Prince had left her a fortune. Ya really have to watch them closely when they get older, because they are succeptable to all form of scams.
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
A very early good morning from me who is sleepless in Pictou County.
I have been up all night with a sick doggie who tried some new food yesterday.
Not a good idea, she has been out 3 times with diarrhea overnight and needed a bath each time she came in.
Poor thing is suffering, and I'm not getting any sleep, but that's OK, I'll sleep later...

Wednesday was a very nice day out. The weather was perfect, and we had a nice visit to the port of Halifax, including a great Fish 'n Chips lunch on an outdoor terrace right on the water.
There are photos in the Personal Gallery if you're interested, but I have to post one here of the only cruise ship we saw in Halifax:

Yup, that's Theodore Too, the Tugboat. You can book rides on Theodore to sail out in the harbour and greet the cruise ships as they come in to port! Unfortunately, there were NO cruise ships in yesterday, but we're going back next month with visitors, so I will try again!

donna
Cool, this reminds me of Little Toot. A book I read as a child about a little tug boat. Mike
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Well it's better late than never.

It's been a wild day for so many reasons not the least of which we have a real sick kitty. Our eldest whose formal name is King Weaver the First and whom friends refer to as "The Butler" because he greets all visitors at the door, is throwing up dark red liquid with what appear to be blood clots.

We have an emergency appointment at the Vet in awhile so will get ready to get the poor fella' over there.

In case anyone is interested will let you know what the tentative diagnosis is if we even get one today.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old June 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Oh no Todd! I will pray for your kitty. I love cats as you can see I have two and let me tell you they are the kings of the house!! Prayers for "The Butler" in hopes he gets well.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Todd, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Prayers for the Butler for his recovery.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 17th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Sorry to hear that your cat is ill ,Todd .
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Todd, prayers and good thoughts coming to your sweet "Butler".

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Thanks Aerogirl, Laura and Henry and Fern (you stuck in there as I was writing this) for your kind sentiments about Weaver.

He is "in hospital" at the vet and we hope to learn something by tomorrow afternoon. I'll sure keep you updated.

I realize, especially many of the younger set today, think such concern, especially about cats, is rather frivoulous. But when one is getting on in years and it's just the two of you, people our age and yes, even older, regard their pets as their "furry children" as opposed to just a "dog" or a "cat." Don't misconstrue that millions of younger folks feel just as strongly as we about their pets. It's just that it becomes more pronounced as one grows older.

Todd
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Default My cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Thanks Aerogirl, Laura and Henry and Fern (you stuck in there as I was writing this) for your kind sentiments about Weaver.

He is "in hospital" at the vet and we hope to learn something by tomorrow afternoon. I'll sure keep you updated.

I realize, especially many of the younger set today, think such concern, especially about cats, is rather frivoulous. But when one is getting on in years and it's just the two of you, people our age and yes, even older, regard their pets as their "furry children" as opposed to just a "dog" or a "cat." Don't misconstrue that millions of younger folks feel just as strongly as we about their pets. It's just that it becomes more pronounced as one grows older.

Todd
My cat went to heaven June 9 ,2004 at age 19.She ate at the table with us ,sat up with both front paws on the plate to eat her food .She would lie down with me on a bed or on the living room floor and listen to music. She loved the Beatles .She would wait for me at the front door as I came home from work .She was my child in a sense .I loved her dearly .
I light a memorial candle for her every year .