Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday Already!

Morning Mates,
The sun is shining once again here in Pictou County. I think I will take advantage of that and try to get some more weed whacking done, and plant a lovely Sand Cherry bush I bought earlier in the week.

Thanks for all the concern and advice about my dog. She is doing fine now, and back on her old food. I know all about mixing slowly when you try something new, but the problem was our order for the new bag was delayed and we had none left, so the vet gave us samples of something new to tide her over. Although she loved it, it did not love her!

Tonight we are going out to dinner at a lovely water-side restaurant we discovered on our travels the other day. It is supposed to be very good, I'll let you know!
By the way, here's a little advice for you, next time you go to a seafood restaurant that features fresh lobster. We saw this in Halifax the other day....

donna
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Admiral

So glad your furry child is feeling better with his diet back in order, RD. Hopefully we'll hear some good news later from the Vet about our cat Weaver "The Butler."

It's yard work day today and this evening I have to go for that darn sleep apnea test. Of course I've already told Fran that if the test is unsuccessful (as in not being able to sleep which I don't do much anyway), there won't be a second time! .

Have finally got my new Compaq Presario up an running. Was so peeved that while my older programs downloaded perfectly, my very recent wireless mouse and wireless keyboard were incompatible with Windows 7 and darn if they weren't made by Microsoft! Doubt that I'll be purchasing a lot of Microsoft add-ons if there is no way to have them work on a version of Windows that came out less than a year after I got them.

Also have to get out to our Animal Adoption Center this morning for a few minutes as well so I'd best get cracking. Want to get the yard done early as it's going to be one of those 90 F days again today.

Prayers continue for all those on the list accompanied by a prayer for Blessings upon all.

Todd

P.S. Would love to see a sign over a fish tank that reads, "Go ahead, reach in and pet the piranha."
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Admiral

GREETINGS from beautiful downtown Lakeland, Florida! Donna, so glad your pup is doing O.K. now. We had pretty much the same thing happen to ours last week. Bought a new bag of food, and didn't notice that the manufacturer had changed it "just a bit", and the dogs LOVED it, but ate way too much, and got sick before I noticed it! Well, we went through the same fiasco as you did for a day, and now everything is back to normal.
Sounds like you and James have great plans for tonight. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I usually have our seafood dinner here at the house, but occasionally do the Friday Seafood Dinner at the V.F.W.
Hope all my "Mates" have a great day, and an even better week end.

"SKY"
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be in the 90's for the next 3 days.....yay, If I squint, I am in Florida... btw if you stay in Lauderdale, and want the best shrimp ever, sorry, this New Englander does not like lobster...try Catfish Deweys..all I can say is, it's so good, you wanna slap your mama

Well, Aiden is out of school, and now I have both kids, 2 days a week...my rather quiet days are gone better get off my tush and get going....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Admiral

good morning gang, it is a gorgeous day here in central mass! yippee its about time. going to play hookey from work this afternoon and head out to the campground for some r & r.
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday Already

And a good sunny morning, everybody! Ol' Sol just put in his appearance, and I trust he'll be with us all day.

I had an informative visit with the podiatrist yesterday in her unairconditioned office. Wow! I hope it's fixed when I see her again. I have to go back to my own clinic this morning and have my feet x-rayed.

Donna, I'm glad Emma is well now. My favorite seafood restaurant, King's Fish House, has a huge lobster tank. Kids are just fascinated with it, but it's high enough that noone can put their hands in it.

I was so happy that the Lakers won last night. I know I've said it before, but with all the stuff going down in the world, it's so nice to hear good news proclamed.

Time to get going and fix some breakfast.

Judy
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Happy TGIF everyone from hot and sunny NY
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Admiral

I'm off to another ball game!

Read and post cruise reviews