Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:01 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning...

Morning Mates,
It's bright and early here in Pictou County. Well, early anyway, I don't know about bright! I am up early because we have a 2 hour drive ahead of us for an appointment this morning, hope to fit some shopping in, then head back for another appointment closer to home this afternoon.
It's time for my yearly mammogram, a good reminder to the women out there who should book one!

The weather at the moment is cool and dull, but at least no fog. There's a brisk wind too, so the 14C feels colder. We had a tease of summer yesterday, but I don't know what happened to it...

Happy Wednesday to all....

donna
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is another humid day. There's only about a 30% chance of rain around 11 a.m. and then later tonight after 10 p.m. Unfortunately the forecasts these days rarely resemble the weather we actually get.

The D/H left earlier than usual this morning. He had to get to Indy early so he could carpool down to Bloomington with some coworkers for meetings today.

Well d/d is winding down to the end of softball season. I am very pleased with her progress and how well the team has played. Another week or so and it will all be over.

Tomorrow I take d/s back to the foot doctor for what will (I hope) be the last of his post surgical appointments. I was watching him run and play last night and I couldn't see any evidence of limping or that little hitch in his giddy up that I could see when he'd run around playing with his friends. So I think he's in pretty good shape.

Well that's about it for today! Hope you all have a good one!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Captain

RD we have your fog this morning. It is lifting now and the sun is trying to come out but having a hard time. Rain in the forecast again today, seems we are getting it mostly during the late afternoon-evening time frame. But that is the way it goes when we have hot & humid weather. It's better than snow!
Our plans for this weekend got a major change yesterday. We were suppose to be leaving tomorrow for our National Square Dance Convention in Louisville but we had to cancel. The A/C in our motorhome decided now was a good time to die, so without it there is no way we could camp in a big asphalt parking lot for 4 days. Can't get a new one put in until next week. I am real disappointed but that is the way life is, just have to roll with it.
Today I am going to play catch up in the office. I have lots of computer time ahead of me.
BW-glad D/S is doing so well. Kids are tough and bounce back. My grandaughter made the all-star softball team so we still have a few games to see before we are done with the season.

Prayers to all our mates and hope everyone has a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning Roller Donna, Sue, Beenie Weenie and all who follow.

Already it's 80 degrees and is forecast to climb to 94 this afternoon, a bit toasty for me to say the least. Maybe your temps will rise as the day progresses R/D. Sure hope so.

I know you were concerned awhile back when it appeared your D/S was limping a bit. Am relieved to learn that he apparently came through his entire ordeal with flying colors.

I can commiserate with you Sue as I always worry about the heat pump failing, not in the winter mind you, but during the summer. When we built our sunroom nine years ago, the builder installed a large heater/air conditioner as he felt that our heat pump was a bit too small to service the extra 280 sq. ft. It's probably powerful enough to do the whole house if I had fans in the doorways to the back bedrooms. The only time I've turned the unit on though, was just a handful of times over the years in the winter when it was extremely cold and then just for a couple of hours. I think this afternoon I'll turn it on just to give a little relief to the heat pump which itself is fourteen years old.

It's church today whereat special prayers will be offered for our beloved Judy and all of our other cruisemates who are ailing or in distress for any reasons. Of course a request for Blessings will be offered at the same time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Hump Day!

Todd
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from hot and sunny NY .Thunderstorms are expected here later
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning . . .

Good morning, everybody. We will enjoy another perfect day. I guess temps will rise over the weekend and then go back down again.

I spent two hours in a dental chair yesterday enduring prep for two new crowns. I must be careful with the temps. I hope I don't lose one or both of them at lunch on Friday. Remember Frank (Farimmco)? He's here from Arkansas visiting family. He will remarry in August after having been a widower for three years.

BW, so glad to hear that your son has "gone back to normal."

Have a nice day, all.

Judy
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Hot and a bit overcast here...summer has arrived!! This year Bruce is Famer MacDonald, he has planted a garden and hopefully pretty soon, we will be eating the freshest of the fresh. When I was a kid, and when I can find them here, I eat green peas straight from the pod. I zip right through them quite fast..one time as I was zipping, a big fat catapillar was almost in my mouth..ewwwwww, Now I go slower I hope we get a big crop!

Bruce has been invited to our statehouse, to witness the signing of legislature for the surgery to silence animals..He donated his services for any printing needs,and he is thrilled to be involved with this group.

July 21 marks the day the Commonwealth no longer will tolerate surgical silencing of companion animals—that's when Logan’s Law takes effect thanks to your lobbying.

This is landmark, the first statewide ban on devocalization of dogs and cats in the U.S.

Lets hope more states follow....

Mdake it a good one....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining, temps heading to the mid 70s.. though some thundershowers may follow this afternoon.

Got quite a bit of "mom stuff" accomplished yesterday, so today is clear for a golf game.

Need a prescription renewel today, and my Dr. requires an office visit for that (weird if you ask me), and I was surprised to find he works evenings on Wed. As a result I have a 7 PM Dr. appt. that should take about 30 seconds.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Good evening from rainy, Virginia Beach. I have been "under the weather" with bronchitis since Monday so I have some unexpected time off from work. I have to be cautious and not overdue it since we are leaving for Palm Springs next Friday. Boy can bronchitis drag you down! It will be a "hot" one all week for Virginia Beach. Rob is officially retired now. (he took a lay off to garner thirty-one weeks of pay). His company lost funding for a government contract. Right now he is getting use to having so much "time on his hands". Everything in life is an adjustment. Hope you all have a great day.