Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Default And It's Friday!

Morning Mates,
Although our weekend started with a day off yesterday, today is actually the end of the week for most of you. Hope it goes quick so you can start your own celebratory long weekend!

We had a good time at the parade yesterday. Never have I seen so many people out for Canada Day, except for the year I was in Ottawa for the celebrations. The small town parade we saw had so many lawn tractors and all sorts of farm vehicules, as well as horse-drawn carriages and wagons, not to mention the "Mow Olympics" and the "Snow Olympics" of lawn mowers and snowblowers, it was quite entertaining! I'll be posting pictures soon!

Last night we went to another small town celebration, on the waterfront where it was breezy and cool. The show was great, starrring the maritime band Sons of Maxwell, who's leader's claim to fame was the song he wrote about "United Breaks Guitars". This song, about their experience touring in Nebraska, and watching from the plane window, airline employees throw their guitars into the cargo hold, went viral on You Tube last year and brought Dave Carroll and the Sons of Maxwell much celebrity.
Great band, if you ever get a chance to hear them...

donna
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A gorgeous, bureau of tourism day here, with temps to climb all week. I am on vacation, so evey day is almost a Friday, and next week the kids go camping so, no babysitting, now that will be a vacation, for them and moi

My boss called me this week to tell me a prominent Boston woman, was in the shop, and bought some of my jewelry designs, She had owned a Newbury Street boutique, that sold jewelry, and clothing, so, her selecting my designs really tickled me...years ago, she bought some of Princess Diana's dresses year back,and they were dislpayed at her store...she later donated them back, to auction them off for charity..Made my week!

Nothing planned for the holiday weekend, will just wing it, and see what happens..I hope you all have a safe weekend.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Getting ready to escape for our weekend. It's going to be warm, windy and bit stormy but it should be fun.

Sleeping beauty should awaken in an hour or so and then we'll pack a weekend bag and off we go.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and celebrating the birth of our country.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I really don't care what the weather is here today.

I'm packed, and in a few minutes will have my shower, and be off to Venice, Italy (not CruiseMates Venice) for the inauguration of Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam... the latest newbuild to leave the shipyard.

I'm going to onboard to actually sail the ship out of the shipyard. Maybe they'll finally let me drive!

You can follow along on this adventure with my daily reports
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hol...irst-days.html
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY . I am in good spirits today as my surgeon said I am doing much better than anticipated .On my last visit ,5 weeks ago,he indicated the possibility of additional surgery. Yesterday ,he removed most of my physical restrictions . The PT is great ,its making me feel like a new man .I have 26 sessions after today . In addition I joined a group of walkers ,mostly people who have also had major spine surgery .They do evening outdoor walking on a track and I will begin to walk with them on tuesday . I have been doing close to 3 miles on my own .Several of the group walkers do 10 miles .My goal is to exceed that . My secondary goal is to lost weight ,its been 3 pounds ,my goal is another 36 pounds .

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th.of July weekend .
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning all, from a sunny northern California. Carole and I are heading to Reno by noon I hope. With any luck we will have time to visit Lake Tahoe. Have a great Fouth!. Kuki as always I am looking forward to you adventures on HAL. One line we still need to try. Mike
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good afternoon everyone from a soaked Texas, where we are not complaining.

It has been a lazy day for us. Everyone slept and got up when they wanted to. We all prepared brunch together, and now it's a matter of what we can do inside today.

Josh has gotten Jim interested in wii, so I am sure they will be killing something, or going to strange lands to discover treasures.

I hope all of you have a good weekend. Be safe, and don't eat to much.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Sounds to me as if you had a wonderful Canada Day R/D and the rest of you'uns pbviously have wonderful weekends lined up!

Trip, you have every reason to be proud!

Henry, I have added you to my list of heroes. To have accomplished as much as you have in the time frame since your surgery, especially considering you're not exactly a "spring chicken," is truly phenomenal. Go get 'em pard'ner!

Now everyone, "Git out there and have fun!"

Todd
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Thanks Todd ,I just returned from a 4 1/2 mile walk and I feel wonderful