Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Default What is your FAVORITE show, or entertainment aboard ship?

As most of you now, I LOVE the entertainment and BIG shows aboard the ships, and at this point could care less what the itinerary is. Love the "Ticket To Ride" Beetles show, and could watch it again, and again. There used to be a guy on one of the other lines,,,Princess I think,,,, who called himself "The Ladder Guy". Sounds really "lame", but he put on one of the most entertaining shows at sea. What is your favorite show/entertainment afloat?

"SKY"
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Admiral

sitting in the atrium , with the drink of the day, the last full day of the cruise and watching people go ballistic at the guest relations desk when they look at their final sign & sail print out

can't beat it for entertainment
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Admiral

For me, I loved the "Beatlemania" show and the Ice show on the Adventure of the Seas from 2008. I love the ice shows most of all, but that Beatlemania show was awesome!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

There was a show on Carnival Spirit that I loved. It was a man that did a lot of Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra's music. For all the years I have cruised I thought this was the most outstanding show I ever saw. I wish I remembered his name. He stuck in my mind for one very important reason. He worked in Developmental Disabilities. That work has always been special to me as it is what I do mostly. Even now in retirement I am still working weekends for the insurance and I do "on call" hours too. He told us the story of how "his kids" encouraged him to go into the entertainment field. He is a fine man doing great work with kids who need his help.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Admiral

I quite like the big shows in the theatre, didn't think I would but the trouble is, on P&O anyway, next time you go on one of their ships it's the same shows!! Not so good then!
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Admiral

I have thoroughly enjoyed the shows on the ship, especially the ones with the house band and the singers and dancers. I find they're excellent productions, at least on our three cruises on the Explorer of the Seas.

Todd
Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Admiral

The shows on my 3 prior cruises have not been that great
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Admiral

I attend the shows for the showgirls..that way, when I see them on deck tanning or in the exercise class, I can give them compliments
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
There was a show on Carnival Spirit that I loved. It was a man that did a lot of Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra's music. For all the years I have cruised I thought this was the most outstanding show I ever saw. I wish I remembered his name.

Laura
Laura, I could be wrong, but I think you're talking about "Christopher Alan Graves". There are two guys who do a show similar to what you're describing, but I'm pretty sure he's the one. Does "Bo Jangles" with the moves, etc. GREAT show, called "Singing with the Big Band".

"SKY"
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
sitting in the atrium , with the drink of the day, the last full day of the cruise and watching people go ballistic at the guest relations desk when they look at their final sign & sail print out

can't beat it for entertainment
Venice, I used to work on the computers aboard ship when they'd come into port, and more often than not, I'd finish my work before they started boarding the next weeks cruise. One of my favorite things to do was sit in the atrium, just inside the area where folks boarded, and watch them as they came aboard. You could ALWAYS tell the ones who'd never been on a cruise before. The look of amazement when they saw the atrium, even on older ships like "Inspiration" was truly priceless. Now that I'm retired, I miss doing things like that. I'm thinking about getting a part time job with the embarkation/debarkation staff in Tampa. Might be fun!

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 3rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Admiral

So far, Bert Stratton on Caribbean Princess is our favourite all-round entertainer, and a lovely person as well.
We also really loved the Beatle Maniacs show, top notch!

donna
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Admiral

Default What is Your Favorite Show or Entertainment Aboard Ship

None, really. I guess if I had to pick something, it would be the piano bar.

Judy
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Laura, I could be wrong, but I think you're talking about "Christopher Alan Graves". There are two guys who do a show similar to what you're describing, but I'm pretty sure he's the one. Does "Bo Jangles" with the moves, etc. GREAT show, called "Singing with the Big Band".

"SKY"
Sky, Thank you that is the man I was talking about. I remember him doing Bo Jangles. I remember one night they had the front seats blocked off and the children from Camp Carnival came to the show. He did "Candy Man" for them. He was so good.
I found this clip on You Tube

YouTube - Christopher Alan Graves

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain