Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Lindsay, 3 days in jail, or hard time?

So, we saw Lindsay, cry me a river, show blatent disrespect to the court, with her profanity painted fingernails...Saw her Mother fly to California, to coddle her again, and her Dad, well, let's say, he won't win father of the year if you believe the paparazzi...All of this we have seen played out for years now, time and time again so what's your take, even if you don't follow the gossip pages, it's been all over mainstream news...

Did the judge do the right thing?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Well I guess that if her parents won't or can't get through to her, the court will have to enforce boundaries. If news reports are to believed then it sounds like this Judges actions, might possibly save this girl from self destruction...at least temporarily.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Lock her up, throw away the key, get her into rehab and away from both parents - it just might safe her life!

donna
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I can't believe she got away with her whining all this time. She has consistenly disobeyed the courts and got off with a slap on the wrist. Ninety days is not that long (unless you are waiting for a cruise ) I do hope that while she is in there that they get her the help she needs. The vulgarity on her fingernail only showed how much disdain she has for the court.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Lindsay and family hail from my part of NY .If you think her antics are bad you should check out her father .
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Folk's where's the compassion, forgiveness????? She shed tears and said she was sorry,let her go! (jk)
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Banned
Captain

Three words for LiLo: Mandatory Military Service.
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Admiral

While an addiction is an illness, I have little tolerance for those who don't recognize the problem and get help.........and most importantly put forth the necessary personal effort and or discomfort to kick their habit. I've known far too many who have succeeded to have any compassion for a spoiled 24 year old who's behavior never progressed beyond the age of twelve.

Think of all the millions who have quit smoking and how about the millions of recovering alcoholics with years and decades of success. Nicotine is as, if not more (I think it's more) addicting than Cocaine and Heroin!!! So please, spare me the hearts and flowers routines for Miss Priss. I especially am disgusted in this instance because she kept resting her hand on her face when facing the judge in such a manner as her middle finger was more pronounced. Then some fella' with a long range lens showed that the words "Up Yours" were stenciled on the nail. Now that's REALLY representative of the average behavior of a 24 year old adult, isn't it?

You may have an outstanding suggestion, Captain. How many of us with military service possessed little if any self discipline for whatever reason, until we learned imposed discipline? I certainly benefitted in that regard. If there were a way to match the amount of self discipline and drive of one who has had military service as compared to those who haven't (regardless of how successful they may ultimately be in their own chosen profession), I'd be surprised were most of the latter not to be markedly more mature at an earlier stage, primarily we males of the species. Maybe I should add even more significant qualifiers but I don't think any of our Cruisemates are that politically correct...at least I hope not.

Todd
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Default Lindsay, 3 Days in Jail, or Hard Time?

Lindsay Lohan is yet another celebrity spoiled brat who thinks she's above the law. Six months to a year would have been better, along with counseling for her and her parents when she gets out.

Judy
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

I am thinking the judge may have saved her life. It is to soon to tell if this will help her clean up her act. For her sake I hope she learns from the jail experience. I would hate to read about another star's death due to drugs. A very high price to pay by one so young. Mike
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tennille View Post
Three words for LiLo: Mandatory Military Service.
BINGO! (Although, she'd have one heck of a time in boot camp wouldn't she?) When I went to boot camp, in 1959, I was amazed at how many guys were there because it was "Military Service,,,,or JAIL". Actually, to the best of my knowledge, I think they all turned out O.K.! I too, think the judge probably saved her,,,or at least put her on the right track for a change.

"SKY"
Old July 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Just my opinion, which I always say doesn't mean a thing to anyone but me, but these so called " Stars " have been placed on a pedestal for the last several years by the media and fans, thereby creating an atmosphere in which the " Stars " feel above the law and feel they can do anything and get away with it, or at the least, get some free attention and publicity.
I really don't know what Lohan is famous for except being a spoiled rich brat that is in hot water most of the time and that's what we now call " Stars?"

She obviously is spoiled, shows flagrant disregard for any court orders but yet has managed to elude any real punishment , both here and abroad due to being who she is.
It's about time some judge grew some testicles and said I don't give a rats behind who you are --you obey the law or you pay the price.
As far as "Rehab"--it's become a fad to be in rehab for this or that, there again adding to the free publicity gained by these brats.
Rehab to some of these jokers should mean a swift kick in the arse, or a good slap across the face and some time in jail.
We all have 24 hours in a day and unless we are mentally challenged, we all know right from wrong. Let some poor working stiff get into as much trouble as this character has and flaunt the courts as many times as she has and see where they would be--- in the lock-up for months.
In my opinion, she should have a year at least for general principal and past actions of not adhering to court orders. If she wants to self destruct, so be it. Might save some innocent person from being killed by her driving drunk again sometime.
Old July 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Admiral

will she serve her time in "gen pop" or will she get VIP segregation ?
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Admiral

VIP segregation
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Venice,

If you're a celebrity in this day and age and go to jail in LA, VIP is the general population! I also have it on good authority that that division of the LA County jail is used by the Med students of California to study the effects of extremes of both alcohol and drugs on the human body!

The truly bad part is that these are the ignoramuses who so often serve as role models for our youth.

This is probably one of the major nails that will forever seal the coffin to which we've relegated morality.

Todd
Old July 10th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Admiral

Default Lindsay, 3 Days in Jail, or Hard Time?

Lindsay Lohan will spend jail time in a Lynwood CA detention facility about five miles from downtown Los Angeles in a facility known for its bare bones treatment. Prisoners get one blanket, no sheets and baloney sandwiches at mealtime.

Unfortunately, she most likely will spend only a fraction of the 90 day sentence because of overcrowding. And yes, she will be housed in a special section away from regular prisoners. Alcohol/drug treatment will most likely be limited in time as well.

This is the same facility that Paris Hilton was in a couple of years back for probably as long as it takes you to take a breath.

Judy

Judy
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Admiral

And, when she serves her few days, the T.V. cameras and media will be like a shark feeding frenzy getting the photos, shouting questions, etc., etc. Then she'll be on several talk shows and within a few days or a couple weeks at most, be laid out somewhere drunk or spaced out on something--and we call these people " Stars" !! Oh how bright they shine!