Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, from another heat wave day in Pictou County.
From what I hear, this kind of heat is not normal in these parts, and shouldn't last long, We are now in Day 3 of above-normal temps and we're dying without air conditioning. Broke down and bought a fan yesterday!

Fortunately, it does cool off at night, and last evening when it got unbearable in the house, we headed into town to our favourite pub/coffee house and enjoyed a pot of tea on the open-air porch while watching the tourists stroll by.....a most enjoyable passtime, and they even welcome our dog with cookies and a water bucket on the porch!

Speaking of tourists, we are going to be inundated with about 15,000 visitors this weekend for the annual Pictou Lobster Carnival. I've been told this is THE event of the year, with a fair, parades, entertainment, food, and lots of people!
I decided to welcome the tourists to town, as we live right on the access road, with a little "down home decor" at the end of my driveway.....

And for those who might be interested, I have added more pictures in the Personal Gallery of my trip to PEI, a really beautiful island.
Here's one of me and the Maasdam in the Charlottetown Port...

And something the Maritimes are famous for......

Check out the gallery for more....

donna
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

TGIF. It has been a tropical week in Connecticut, but at least we are having a real summer.
Donna those were great pictures of your getaway. Mkes one feel like going over for a few days.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Donna I can easily see why you chose to move to this area, it is so beautiful! I am so glad you are enjoying yourself.

Manuel seems like summer has finally arrived...everywhere and in a big way!

We finally got some rain yesterday. Fortunately it came down fast and furious and then the sun came out again. Saved me from having to water the flowers yesterday. Went to DD's Softball Award Banquet. It was a very nice ending to a great softball season. We came home and the kids ran down to play with the new neighbor kids. I am so thankful we now have kids in the neighborhood for them to play with now.

I made it to my Doctor's appointment and I am pretty pleased with the way that went. The Dr. said he would do the procedure and thinks I should have a marked improvement... Since it is 100% reversible and my feet and ankles are in such sad shape, he said I certainly won't be any worse for wear. So I am waiting for a call from his office to schedule the surgery, which will most likely be on July 27th since he does this on Tuesdays, and that is the first Tuesday I have available. Strangely enough I think that is exactly one year to the day of when d/s had his first reconstructive surgery. Odd isn't it.

I just got off the phone with my MIL. Things there are not good at all. She called me this morning to let me know she is losing the use of her legs and is slowly losing sensation up to her waist. I have messages into the Surgeon's office and just emailed my contact at the Hospital in Toronto's Chief of Staff's office. So I am not sure what can be done today, but something needs to happen asap. So it is entirely possible that I may be flying up there a few days earlier than planned. Not sure what to do here on my end.

Well that's about it for now, as always prayer and thoughts are going out to all of you in need. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning to all. I really expected to arise with the sun this morning and assumed it would start to get really warm. No such thing. Maybe a cool morning again.

Donna' the pics are really pretty. I haven't been to PEI since 2002.

BW, good luck on your surgery. I have to call the podiatrist's office today and see if I can get the authorization number so I can finally schedule an MRI.

After gym, looks like a trip to Pasadena is in order so Keith can go to his fave hardware store in the whole wide world, Berg's Hardware.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Good moning from very hot and very humid NY .I'm hoping to be able to go to a beach concert this evening which will be followed by fireworks .
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone!

It's another really hot one this afternoon but today the humidity returned. Our high yesterday was 99 officially, 100 unofficially here at the house. One thing that makes life a little more pleasant is I don't have to mow in this heat as nothing has grown. The lawn still looks as if I mowed it yesterday except it's rapidly turning brown to the point you can pretty easily pick out green fingers in the yard which of course are the septic lines.

As I've written previously, I would some day solove to visit Nova Scotia and it's environs, Rollerdonna. Your picture make me want to get up there even more! Maybe we'll get lucky.

I think, Manuel and Henry that the hottest summer week I remember occurred decades before I ever moved to New York. While I'm sure I've been hotter since, I was ten years old and we were visiting my grandmother who lived on Manhattan's West Side (I don't recall exactly where but it was certainly a nice neighborhood at least back then (prior to her and my Aunt moving over to E-68th between 2nd and 3rd). The heat and the humidity were unbelievably oppressive, at least to me. Two fun memories from that trip were walking my Aunt's Springer Spaniel in the evning along the river and going to FAO Schwarz in the middle of a thunderstorm. I just wanted to spend the next year in that toy store!

What good news and I so hope you get in quickly and everything goes well with your surgery, Beenie Weenie. Conversely, that is such distressing news about your MIL. I hope they can get her in quickly.

Speaking of hardware stores Judy, I remember Vonnegut's Hardware in Indianapolis when I was very young. It wasn't 'til years later I learned that Kurt's family were the owners.

hope everyone has a marvelous weekend and prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd