Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morng Rain Coming Down

Morning Mates, from a very wet Pictou County. We are thankful that it's raining though, because it's giving us a little break from the intense heat and humidity of the past 4 days.
However, the Pictou Lobster Carnival is not loving the rain. We didn't get to the parade last night, but I'm sure it was rained on because we were headed in the opposite direction when the skies opened up and we got caught in a nasty storm while delivering "The Brothers" to their hotel.

They are staying nearby at a place called The Train Station Inn, which is located entirely inside old railway cars and cabooses, which still sit on an old unused rail line next to the original station house. It's a really neat place, with of course, train themes everywhere, and was a big hit with The Brothers who are train buffs! We joined them for drinks in the bar car, and later for dinner in the dining car, and it is a 5 star restaurant!

On the agenda today is the Antique Car Parade in town (if we can find a sheltered spot to watch from, because it's pouring!) followed by a visit to the Museum of Industry, lunch out somewhere, a tour of a local winery (with free samples!), BBQ dinner at our house, and hopefully, an outdoor concert at the Carnival grounds by the famous Barra MacNeills (a Cape Breton family Celtic group). Phew! busy day!
We've only got 4 days with The Brothers, so we have to make the most of it!

donna
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday morning Rollerdonna and all who follow. Am sorry it's, "raining on your parade" but hopefully the skies will soon clear and you and your hubby and his brothers can get back to "out doos" pursuits. At least, thoug, it sounds as if they're really enjoying themselves and that's what's important. The railroad car motel/restaurant sounds extremely intriguing.

Wish we were getting some of your rain here in upper East Tennessee, R/D as it is so very dry. From what I can glean from the radar, Pictou may get a bit of a break later on today.

At least we have a chance for at least a little rain next week and a five or six degree F decline over what we experienced last week in our forecasted high temperatures.

It appears that my "Faithful companion, Fran" and I will be enjoying some slow cooked baby back ribs for Sunday dinner. The ribs are one of her all time favorites.

Wish all of my fellow Cruisemates a relaxing and pleasant Sunday. Prayers and Blessings of course continue.

Todd
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning "Mates". Just another lovely day here in Central Florida.
Donna, that antique car parade sounds super, as do all the other activities you mentioned. Just my "cup of tea"!
Well, it's the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vitas) birthday, so we've got lots of "stuff' to do today. Probably go out to breakfast as soon as she finishes her "coffee in bed", then most likely dinner at a very nice steak-house here in Lakeland. I don't know if she has any other ideas or not........(I can only hope)
Hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Poured moose and muskrats all night last night, but looks like there is some clearing in the sky.

The Calgary Stampede is underway. What used to be my busiest time of year, is now time to relax for me.

I'm still trying to get my body in the correct time zone after my return from Europe. Waking and sleeping at odd times tells me I'm stuck on Italian time.

Went out last night to celebrate some friend's 30th wedding anniversary, and that reminded me my own is coming up in a few months.

I'm going to have to start planning something really special for Mrs. Kuki; like maybe I'll take out the garbage that week, instead of leaving it for her to do

My mother is still not feeling well since her hospital stay, so she's requiring a bit of extra tlc time, even though there's nothing my being there can do for her.

If it is't raining later, I'll also head for the golf course.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Admiral

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVELY MRS. JONES (VITA)!

Hope the two of you have an absolutely marvelous day together!

Todd and Fran
Old July 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

After a few weeks of feeling exceptionally good the last week hasn't been as kind to me. The brain has gone on vacation twice in the last five days. Yesterday, we were going to go out on the boat with the grandkids but I had to cancel. Thankfully, my son came by and he took my place and became the navigator. They got lost on the lake a few times but were able to find the restaurant and beaches they wanted to go to. They had a fun day while grandpa slept it off.

Today is a cloudy and windy day so it's a movie day. We will be going to see Despicable Me. I hope it's entertaining enough to keep my grandson's attention and allow grandpa time for a nap.

Happy Birthday Vita:
Kuki: I hope your mom is feeling better soon. Give her extra TLC. Or you can upgrade her cable package and give her TLC, Discovery and The Food Channel. (bad joke)
Todd: Enjoy dinner

To everyone: Have a wonderful Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Rain Coming Down

Good afternoon to everyone. I did everything late today.

Keith and I decided at the last minute late night, rather than make dinner, we'd make reservations. We had a delicious dinner at Houston's in Pasadena. Tonight's fare will be much more modest!

Judy
Old July 11th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Happy birthday

Good afternoon from hot and steamy NY