Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Fever!

Morning Mates, it's Friday at last for some of you, and just another day for some of us, but a fine Friday it is....
Temps cooled off considerably yesterday with a day full of rain, and today is sunny again with a high of 23C or 73F, however, humidity is at 94%, so it may be a hot one....

We got home late last night after a special Trivia night in a nearby town.
There were about 6 or 7 teams of 6 playing, including the defending champions from St. Francis Xavier University. At stake was the coveted trophy, medallions, and mini-prizes of gift certificates and beer mugs.
Our team managed to win 2 out of 4 rounds, but somehow lost the final point count to the defending champions.
However, we got Tim Horton (coffee shops) gift certificates, Free pizza gift certificates, and had a lot of fun with a great group of people.

Nothing much planned today except Aquafitness, which I am enjoying immensely. Not losing any weight, but at least staying fit and enjoying the company of some very funny ladies in the pool!

Wishing you all a pleasant weekend, and patience and peace for those of you, including myself, awaiting test results....

donna
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Texas, where it is hot, and will only get hotter.

My day started at 12:30 this morning. I had this bright idea to go to bed early, because we had a 6:00 AM flight to Dallas, so I went to bed at 9:30 last night. By 12:00 this morning I was wide awake. Cooked breakfast at 2:00 and we left for the airport at 4:30. Found out the flight was cancelled at 5:00. Without thinking, we let them go ahead and check us in, and take our bags. Got home and realized all my stuff is in my suitcase. Our new flight is at 2:40 this afternoon, which will put us into Wi at 9:30 tonight. In case you are wondering, the bags will be safe. We have a tiny airport, that has three airlines, and two gates, so the luggage will be fine.

We called Josh back to the airport to pick us up, and managed to get a few more hours of sleep. The reason for the cancellation? The plane broke!! Yep, we have one plane that does nothing but run back and forth to Dallas everyday. What is so sad, but yet funny is they had us on two different flights going into O Hara. :eek: He said they both left Dallas at the same time, and then we could ride together to Wi. I told him I was afraid to fly and there might be trouble. He quickly got us on the same flight.

I think it might be a longgggg day for us.

Thinking good thoughts for all of you. Have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from hot and steamy NY . I hope to get to Coldstone Creamery today for my free birthday treat ,the coupon expires July 31 so I do have time .
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Cute Doggie Henry!

donna
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a nice day here in "The Bread and Butter State". Not too much on the agenda for today other than the standard vacuuming, dusting and my darling wife is going to mop the floors in the kitchen and bathrooms. I love it when she gets "domestic".

Luanne: I hope you make your flight to Wisconsin and that it is uneventful and boring.

Donna: I wish we had a pub that had a trivia night. I think Grumpy's bar in St. Bonifacius is going to have a wet t-shirt contest tonight. Maybe, I'll go there.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a fantastic Friday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Fever!

A sunny good morning. Looks like it's gonna be a toasty one.

Peace and patience, that's certainly what I need, and not just for test results.

Keith probably has a cold and not allergies, I would guess, because the Claritin is not drying up his sinuses. Now comes the struggle to keep him at home and not at the gym or Flabob on Saturday. I know life goes on when you've got a cold, but at his age of 81, I worry about pneumonia.

I plan to start laundry and also finish up a library book today. It's not overly hot, so I might dust off the Adrirondack chairs and read out on the deck.

Judy
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Default My Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Cute Doggie Henry!

donna

Its my wonderful grand dog
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! What could be the nicest day of the year is unfolding. Temps in the low 80s F, with no winds is what's been "promised".... now we'll wait to see what we get

I do have a golf game on tap for this afternoon, but I need to get some errands done in the morning first.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Happy Friday friends, another over cast morning here on the San Francisco Peninsula. With any luck it will burn off and warm up by eleven o'clock, that is a summer norm here. Have a great day and weekend. Mike
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Hi mates

TGIF

We are having a wet one today and tomorrow is going to be humid with temp. reaching 100 deg.
We will probably drive to the shore for a seaside pic-nic.

Wishing you all a great day and a nice weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4--4-16
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Admiral

100 here tomorrow too,I think we get the same weather basically
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Admiral

A good late afternon to everyone!

I had a full day today. Had to run errands this morning and wanted to get the yard cut before the temps rose into the nineties. Didn't make it. I came in a "wilted weed" to say the least.

I have had to become of those "insulin dependent" diabetics, at least for awhile if and until I can get off this special cardiac pill which I'm now having to take.

I'm learning that getting my insulin under control is a wilder ride than I remember on Coney Island's Cyclone. The other day I came home to find myself almost unable to literally get out of the car. I stumbled into the house and discovered why. My blood sugar was around 60. It's been either that or somewhere between 350 and 400. that's the kind of "feast or famine" I'd rather avoid. I quickly learned that while I could "cheat" with the pills, I can't with the insulin. So, Warden Fran has laid down the law. Guess I can't have anymore peanut butter on soft white bread sandwiches in the middle of the night anymore. My only hope is that if I do experience a rapid drop in blood sugar, I can hit the peanut butter and crackers.

It's hotter than blazes here (currently 96) as it is in much of the country. I understand that the weather people are saying that tomorrow will be the hottest day of the summer.

I'm finally having my first colonoscopy next week, about thirteen years too late but what the heck. Anyway, a couple of years ago I read what to me was the absolute funniest column I had ever read by the noted American humorist Dave Berry. I'm sure some of you have probably already read it. It was originally published in the Miami Herald in '08 and re-released last year. I tell you this. Even if you don't have a sense of humor, you will after your read this. I couldn't, because of copyright laws drop it into this post but it is approved to pass on the link and this you will find below.

Oh, don't even try to read it to someone else if you're reading it for the first time. You'll be laughing so hard you'll never get through it.

Prayers continue for all accompanied of course by Blessings and I promise to try and address all the posts individually tomorrow. :-)

Now, the link:

Dave Barry: A journey into my colon -- and yours - 02/11/2009 | MiamiHerald.com

Todd