Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Default Thirsty Thursday....

I guess the grass and gardens were thirsty, because boy, are they getting a drink today!
It is POURING out there, dull, gray and miserable. I had a tentative plan to drive to Halifax today (2 hours away) to meet up with a visiting friend, but I know what the highway is like here in the rain, and worse, thunderstorms which are forecast, so I think I will stay home.

Yesterday however, was a picture perfect day, hot and sunny, but breezy enough to sit out in the sun and read all afternoon...what a pleasure!
Guess I'll be reading indoors today....

donna
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Hey Donna wanna go and delete the thread I started? I checked right before I posted it, but we must have posted at the same time...
Thanks!

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
Well the temps and humidity are slated to drop to a more pleasant level today. Yesterday was very uncomfortable unless you were floating around in the pool. It felt good to go have a soak.

When d/h got home I ran over some steaks and potatoes to a neighbor. She had just had a skin cancer removed from her nose and I knew they probably didn't feel like cooking. Then d/h and I had some too. Today I would like to head to town and pick up some yummy local sweet corn and since my tomatoes are not yet red, a few of those would be nice too. It just isn't summer without those things.

Right now I have big fat gray boy cat trying to sit on my lap while I am typing. It adds another element of difficulty to it, but he is annoyed by the movement of my hands. He's like hey stop that, I'm trying to sleep here!

Just booked my hotel for the night before surgery. booked it on Hotwire and it just said west Indy, then once I booked it, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it is right next door to the surgery center.

Not much else happening today. Just thankful I am almost to the bottom of the laundry pile.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D and B/W.

Well, it's going to be another 90F plus day today and similar temps are forecast over the next ten days. I don't know about the forecasted humidity but I can tell you it's humid and then some today.

Well yours truly is off in a few minutes for that dreaded of medical procedures, the colonoscopy. I can be assured that I am properly "cleansed." I also have not had anything since midnight which means without my coffee, my underlying frightening personality is trying to.....get back I say, Back!....get to the fore. With luck, I'll keep it supressed.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. At least I'll get to take another nap this morning! Barring what is known as a "medical misadventure" it will be a relatively short one.

Prayers and Blessings of course continue and I thank you for yours for my faithful companion, Fran.

Todd
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Raining right now, but it should clear by early afternoon, It could be a monsoon out thwere today, because I will be in the hospital waiting room, all day. I will be armed with books, and whatever I need to hunker down for Caitlyn today.....

Not much else to chit chat about, so, give a good thought for my GD..she is a bit nervous..all will go well, but she is only 21, with a vivid mind

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 29th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Onalaska, Wi, where it is beautiful outside. I spent the morning watching the sun come up. It was actually cool outside. I love it when the locals talk about it being hot. They have no idea what hot is.

I am awaiting my second day of pounding. the hotel is undergoing a face lift, and it sure is noisy. I thought I would scream yesterday, because of the noise and dust.

Thinking of you today Todd, and hope that all goes well.

Trip, I hope your hospital visit will be a quick one.

Thoughts and prayers to those in Az who are trying to protect their lives, and property.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Oh, Todd, I forgot to wish you the best of luck with your colonoscopy today.
Not the most pleasant of procedures, I know, but unfortunately, a necessity sometimes.... thinking of you, praying all will be well...

Trip, same goes for your granddaughter today.....

donna
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

First of all, Trip, prayers going out for your grandaughter. How fortunate she is to have her loving Grandma to help her through this.

Beenie, we are enjoying that nice cooler dry weather too. It feels so good. Glad to hear you got a hotel room that is so close to your surgical center.

LuAnn, I had to look on the map to find Onalaska WI. Wish it was closer to me so I could come by and see you. How long will you be there?

RD, been thinking about your arm. Hope it's feeling better for you. We've had enough rain down here to last for a while. Hope you don't get anything like what we had last week.

Todd, take care and give my love to Fran.

Prayers going out for all of you.
Phyll
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Cruise People,

It is a beautiful day here. Cooler temperatures and light winds. It is supposed to cloud up later but I'll enjoy the nice weather to get a few things done.

The insurance adjuster will be here in a few minutes to go over the damage to my roof that was caused by the hail storm we had last week. The guy who did my roof will be here to go up with him.

Trip: I know it's hard to see a grandkid with any ailment but they've come a LONG way with gallbladder surgery. Betty was in and out in one day and felt great afterward. Too great, she did too much and five days later developed pneumonia. Tell your granddaughter to take it easy. My sister-in-law had it two weeks ago and she couldn't believe how easy it was for her.

Todd: Enjoy the colonoscopy. I had multiple colon resections and I have had so many colonoscopies that I have a hard time getting too worked up about them. Yesterday was the worst part the procedure is the easy part.

Phyll: Nice to see you.

Luanne: I hope they keep the noise down but if they don't then go outside and enjoy the beauty that us "Yankees" take for granted.

To everyone: Have a wonderful Thursday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Todd:

I hope things go well for you today .

Good morning from rainy NY .I am hoping that the sun will shine soon as I am hoping to attend my first and possibly only summer concert this evening .

May everyone have a happy and healthy day
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Phyll, We will be here until the 8th of Aug. Would also like to see you.

Mike, We can't get over how pretty it is here. Real breeze, real trees, and green grass without really trying.

We took a trip into Minn the other day, so I could mark

it off my list. We drove up to Winona, and I don't know what was prettier, the hills or the Mississippi. But, I couldn't find anyone who had spoons. You know those little spoons you see in every port of call with the port name on it.

Would you mind checking the next time you go to the store, to see if you have any up there? They are not but about 3-5 dollars, and I would pay postage.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default Thirsty Thursday

Good morning! It's a sunny morning here and to be another nice day.

Trip, your GD probably has butterflies in her stomach. I do, too, because today I see the podiatrist. I thought the appt. was tomorrow; good thing I looked at the calendar.

Todd, best of luck with your procedure today, too.

Donna, how's your elbow?

Phyll, always so nice to see you posting.

Well, I hope that some coffee and some breakfast will appease my nervous stomach.

Have a great day, all!

Judy
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the summer to date; temps in the low 90s F. My timing was good; got a nice short haircut yesterday

Have a couple of meetings today to get some documents signed, then taking my mother to a Dr. appt. Then going to view a house for sale that Kuki Jr. and his bride are looking at purchasing for their first home.
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Am back none the worse for wear from my "interior" examination. Just a little of this and a little of that most of which can be taken care of with diet and Metamucil and I donated a couple of biopsy sections but don't think there'll be any major surprises from those.

Of course I am friends with everyone at the hospital including Gordon, the gastroenterologist so we were all laughing before, probably during (at my expense of course), and after.

Meant to file a special request this morning with you R/D and I forgot to ask you to send the rain mavens Southwest to our neck of the woods.

Trip, Do so hope everything went well today with your granddaughter and please heed Mike's warning. The problem with the new procedure which doesn't entail opening you up is the person gets in trouble because they don't feel as if they've had "major work" done when they have.

Hey Phyll! Great to have you back on board!!! Don't stay away so long!

What did you go and do Luanne, conduct another Northfield Minnesota Raid? :-)

Henry, it looks on the radar as if your outdoor concert in going to be a "go" this evening. mayube just a little lefto over wet grass so you might want to take a folding chair. Hope you have a grand time.

Have a great evening everyone!

Todd
Old July 29th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Todd:

Glad things went well this morning . We are definitely taking folding chairs .If I sit on the grass I will have to sleep there . My BDW unfortunately has to carry both chairs .I'm still limited in carrying things .