Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Default Virtuoso??

I've only taken two cruises so I'm out of my element here. We're in the process of planning a 7 night Mediterranean cruise in May 2011. in response to one of my searches with Regent I had an agent email me and begin working on potential cruises. I have been quite pleased with her work. She has 18 years experience and says that she has just been invited to be a Virtuoso travel agent and to join Luxury Travel Network. At this time her email is to traveliciouscruises.com which I'm sure means she works out of her home. In the middle of this I also have talked to an agent I used previously on an Alaskan cruise. She is with CruisesOnly. My agent at CruisesOnly had no idea what Virtuoso was. At the risk of sounding like an idiot does all of this sound on the up and up to you? As I've said I've been quite impressed with the one who initially emailed me and I feel like she's doing a great job; I'm just not familiar with working with an agent who is not immediately affiliated with a particular company. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old July 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Since Virtuoso is a high end entity, maybe the person at the agency is new,or inexperienced, but, I do think they need to know their competition.

As far as the agent who is going to Virtuoso, I would wait till she gets there. How long has she been in business? Check the better business bureau,etc, before you deposit, if this is the way you decide to go. My fear might be that the deposit does not reach the cruise line. If you wait till she gets to the luxe agency, all fears would be quashed.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 29th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Since Virtuoso is a high end entity, maybe the person at the agency is new,or inexperienced, but, I do think they need to know their competition.

As far as the agent who is going to Virtuoso, I would wait till she gets there. How long has she been in business? Check the better business bureau,etc, before you deposit, if this is the way you decide to go. My fear might be that the deposit does not reach the cruise line. If you wait till she gets to the luxe agency, all fears would be quashed.
That is exactly my concern. Her email today stated "I wanted to send you a little bit of info on something new that I am involved with, as of TODAY. It's very exciting for me and for what extra benefits and services that I can offer to my clients. I am honored to have been invited to be a part of the Luxury Travel Network which includes being one of the 1% of Virtuoso Travel Professionals in the world." I like everything about this travel agent but just need to be comfortable when it comes time to send a deposit, which could be any day.
Old July 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerjoanne View Post
That is exactly my concern. Her email today stated "I wanted to send you a little bit of info on something new that I am involved with, as of TODAY. It's very exciting for me and for what extra benefits and services that I can offer to my clients. I am honored to have been invited to be a part of the Luxury Travel Network which includes being one of the 1% of Virtuoso Travel Professionals in the world." I like everything about this travel agent but just need to be comfortable when it comes time to send a deposit, which could be any day.
Also, she states she has "18 years experience in helping people -- from all over the world -- find their perfect Cruise. I came from a rigid corporate travel beginning (which certainly taught me to be a stickler for details) and soon realized that helping others find their dream cruise or getaway is definitely the way to go! For many years I have held specializations with Silversea, Seabourn, Regent, Crystal, Holland America, Windjammer, Oceania, Cunard, to name a few. Over the years I have cultivated many close working relationships with these vendors -- my clients may take advantage of extras like an upgrade, shipboard credits and special added amenities. My agency affiliations with Virtuoso--the leading luxury network as well as both American Express Travel and Travel Leaders -- ensures that my clients receive the maximum benefits and "perks" that travelers these days expect.

I give each of my clients in-depth, personalized customer service throughout each step of the booking process. Everyone these days wants to get the best possible price and service! I pride myself on going that extra mile to find each of my clients the very most for their money while making the experience efficient, easy, and fun! In most cases I can match, if not beat most luxury cruise or cruise prices. I take care to make sure that I have only HAPPY cruisers!" Probably more info than you wanted, but as I said I really do think she has worked hard and she was actually able to give me just a little better quote on the Regent Cruise, which my other travel agent then matched. I'm not at all interested in playing two agents against each other; it just happened that while I was trying to figure out if I should trust this first one I got in contact with a previous agent.