Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Default Check the price of your booked cruise

An hour ago I checked the price of the cruise that we had booked for December and noticed that the price had dropped. Not only that, there was a special promotion where we had gotten a two category upgrade. It's up to you to check, periodically, the price you are paying for your cruise. As good as our travel agent is, she did not notify us of the change in price or of the upgrade promotion that was going on! Of course, our travel agent did honor the new price and the promotion of the the two category upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Our travel agent is very good and she does check the price, but if she did not I would remind her to check it.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Admiral

Our TA NEVER tells us anything .She belongs to CM and will probably be reading this
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Balabusta,

I routinely checked for price updates on our three previous cruises. It's great if your T/A does it for you but I still think it's wise to cover your bases yourself. After all, it's your money!

Todd
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Our TA NEVER tells us anything .She belongs to CM and will probably be reading this
Henry, she probably figures if you hang out here for very long you'll know as much as she does.

I think someone would make a small fortune if they could develop tracking software that could automatically track what was paid originally and notify passengers by email if there is a price reduction. However the fact of the matter is that the TA or PVP or whomever you deal with would be so busy submitting adjustments for price drops they would not be able to take care of new customers.

Most TA's do not check prices for clients, it is entirely too time consuming and is unreasonable to expect them to do so. Can you imagine how long it would take to check prices for 200 clients who will be cruising in the next 6 mos. and how often should they check? Daily, weekly, monthly? Prices go up and down all the time.

My TA is great I love her to pieces and I still owe her big time for the great job she did for me to submit the price protection form on our last cruise which saved us a ton of money, but I do not depend on her to find the price drops, but I do expect a TA to follow through once I find the price drop.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Beenie :

A CM couple taking the cruise with us gets daily updates from their TA .My TA when prodded offers to do research