Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Default "Fry-an-Egg" Friday!

Morning Mates, from Pictou County, where at 8:30 am it's already at a humidex of 29C or 84F, which is quite unusual for around here!
Yesterday was much the same, killer humidity, although cloudy most of the day. Last night's rain did nothing to help cool things off....

We met some friends last night in their little town, at a coffeehouse to see an up-and-coming local performer. I think I mentioned her yesterday, Erin Costelo. If you enjoy the music of kd lang and Diana Krall, sort of lyric-ridden, bluesy, jazzy, soul, folk, then look her up on YouTube, she is amazing!
I really enjoyed her very intimate show with about 30 patrons, a nice (air conditioned) way to spend the evening!

The plan today was to go to Halifax for the day, but as we got up late, and it's so darn hot, we may re-think that one...

Beenie, hope you're recovering well, and Henry, wishing you best of luck with your surgery next week!

donna
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Captain

Hello to all from a warm Ohio. We too have been having high humidity which brings thunderstorms. Forecast is for a low humidity weekend, we'll see.
It has been a very busy time for us which has kept me from spending computer time. I think I have finally caught up on all the goings on of our mates after a couple of weeks not being around the board.
BW, hope you are on the mend. Just take it easy and relax while you can.
Todd, prayers continue for Fran & you.
Henry, will add you to my prayer list for your upcoming surgery

Today I get to pretty much have a me day! YIPEEE. I have already got the housework done so I can spend a little time on the computer. Later I plan on spreading out the 8 bags of mulch my dear son-in-law picked up for me. May also give the grass a mowing to try and stay ahead of it. This weather has made it grow so fast.

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning, CM!!! It has been sooo hot around this part of the world...It's been 106 for the last few days!!! HOT!!!! Suppose to only hit 100 today.

Rollerdonna: I went skating with my 5 years old grandson yesterday, for the first time in 35 years...Yes, this OLD, FAT lady can still skate!!! It was soooo much fun and my grandson is a natural on skates...Loved it!!!

Prayers to all...Have a GREAT day everyone!!!
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We too have been having hot and humid weather, but it beats the ice and snow that will come this winter.

Have a nice friday and hopefully a fun-filled weekend everyone

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Rollerdonna: nunu and trock at CruiseCr*%(* say hello.
Old August 6th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. I feel so good today. I woke up this morning and most of my pain was gone. late Wednesday and yesterday got a little intense at times, but the pain meds did their job pretty well. Just certain times after being up too long it really hurt.

Just got off the phone with the Doc's office I have a 10:30 appt. Tuesday to get my post op followup and an upgrade to a walking cast.

I have to figure out how to get in and out of the tub today. Pray I don't have to call 911.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Onalaska, Wi where it is a pleasent 76 degrees and sunny.

I will leave in a few minutes to go to the Mall Of The Americas. One of the ladies who works here, and her mom have asked me to go. It will be a real treat to get away from here for awhile.

Sunday morning will be our return trip to Texas.

Thinking of all of you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! We're apparently back to the cycle of warm temps in the day, and showers and thunderstorms at night. We'll apparently hit the 80s F during the day.

Had a fun day playing golf yesterday with some friends I haven't seen for quite some time. The golf was pretty so-so, but it was great catching up, having dinner afterwards.

Going to repeat the process today, with different friends.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .I graduated PT today and received a tee shirt .Later I am meeting a friend for lunch ,tonight going out with friends to dinner and to my second concert of the summer .
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default "Fry-an-Egg" Friday

Good morning from a cool SoCal. It's overcast and really very pleasant.

Nothing new on this fromt. I guess that's a good thing. Have a nice day, all.

Judy
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from where it already a hot 83 degrees, in Virginia Beach. I did my usual, cleaning of the house this morning and then went to the drug store to take advantage of the sales on hair care products. In between, I managed to buy a stock that was on sale in today's "down market". Tomorrow we are going out to for a Chinese dinner with friends. Hope that all my fellow cruisemates have a happy weekend!
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all. A bit late today.

Well, it hasn't been as stifling today (currently 87 F) but only because only now in the mid afternoon is the overcast beginning to break up. I'm confident the thermometer will rise a few more notches before the day is over.

I was just thinking a day or so ago Rollerdonna, if this tremendous heat wave would assault the Maritimes. Guess we have our answer, huh?

Hope you enjoyed "your day" Sue.

Congratulations Susan! You're a braver person than am I. I used to ice skate but I know if I even contemplated it today, there'd go a hip or ankle and when you're over 63, you don't heal as fast!

You know Manuel, to be honest I'd probably like to experience a snowy day..........tomorrow!

Beenie Weenie, it sounds as if you're, "Haulin the mail!" when it comes to your recovery. Good for you!

Luanne, hope you enjoyed the mall. They say that it is a unique experience. Oh, and I hope you're enjoying those Minnesota temps. I gotta' sneaky suspicion that the realities of summer are gonna' hit you up side the head when you hit that Texas border.

We have a gorgeous golf course Kuki, about a mile from where we live. As I was driving by it late yesterday afternoon it was so hot that I saw two golfers with their bags and wearing kepis, complete with couvrenuques, crawling across a bunker with their tongues hanging out!

Congratulations Henry! Heaven knows, you more than earned that T-Shirt! Wear it proudly.

Enjoy normalcy, Judy. 'Cause you just know it's gonna' end tomorrow.

Balabusta, 83 is hot? Compared to what we've been experiencing, that's almost cold!

Hope all 'o you'uns (including you lurkers out there) have a fantastic weekend.

Todd