Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default It's Sunday..wakey,wakey:)

Hi Kids,
Temps and humidity climbing today. A day to do nothing! I am reading Carl Hiassen's new book, so several chapters, will be behind me today, you can bet.

Bruce is walking like Chester, from Gunsmoke, his knee, just keeps on giving and giving......Last week we thought he may have a blood clot there, but, thankfully, there was nothing found...So, yet another Drs.apptointment next week..oy

Kuki, your nephews restaurant is stunning,and i'll have the crab cakes, bacon wrapped prawns, and, the summer squash,and spinach ravioli please,and I know you will pickup the tab,and the fedex fee to get it to moi

So, that's my tale of woe....all that need a hug, you got it...make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, it's a beautiful Sunday out there, cooled off considerably, but still bright and sunny. Nice breeze too, which will make it pleasant for me to continue the gardening I was doing yesterday, tidying up the weeds, trimming, and dead-heading.
I had just sat down after 3 hours of hard labour yesterday afternoon, when a car pulled in the driveway, and out popped a former co-worker from Montreal, who had found my house from memory of facebook pictures!
She and her husband were on a 2 week tour of the Maritimes, and were headed home, and just happened to be taking our road in order to find a local winery, when she recognized my flagpole and old wheelbarrow full of flowers.
We had a great visit, and they told us they LOVED the Maritimes and will definitely be back!

Today, we have been invited to our friends' for dinner. They are about an hour's drive away, but it is a pleasant drive, and she is a great cook, so I will look forward to that!

Judy, thanks for sharing yesterday about Frank (Farimco) getting married.
I had the great pleasure of meeting Frank on a CM cruise, and later, on a Mexican cruise we did with my sister and cousin. He is such a special gentleman, and I will always remember his invitation to join him for the Capt.'s Luncheon (repeat passengers).
I am so happy Frank has found a special lady to share the rest of his life with, and hope we get to cruise with them sometime..

donna
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot but cloudy NY .I hope everyone has a sunny sunday
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning Trip, Rollerdonna, Henry and all the rest of our CruiseMates.

The forecasted temps last week were originally supposed to be in the mid to upper 90's F in this area of upper East Tennessee. Then on Friday they had reduced them significantly. Now they're back accompanied by high humidity levels. Today it will "only" be 91. Monday it's supposed to be 94, Tuesday 97, Wednesday 96, Friday 92 and Saturday it's back to jacket weather with a high of 90.

I hope Kuki is right and things are far different than the forecast. Of course with my luck, that will mean temps over 100.

Isn't that great Rollerdonna, when friends that you haven't seen in ages from another part of the country visit? I love the surprise but Fran needs at least 12 hours advance notice so that she can get all hysterical about cleaning the entire house from top to bottom.........even though she finished doing so only an hour previously. I've never seen anything like it! Then again, it took me several decades to become accustomed to Fran referring to me as "El Piggo!" As she called me that just yesterday, I guess I haven't improved.

Hope we hear from Beenie Weenie today. It's unlike her not to post, that combined with her recent foot surgery........

Hope everyone has a glorious and relaxing Sunday and I know that all of our thoughts and prayers will be with our Henry tomorrow as he goes in for his surgery!

Todd
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Default It's Sunday . . . Wakey, Wakey:)

Good morning from SoCal. Cool and overcast here. Lovely!

Donna, that's a nice pic of you and Frank.

Another quiet Sunday after a not-so-quiet Saturday night because of a loud party next door. Those people are a problem most nights.

We have a couple of errands to run today. Other than that, it'll be a leisurely day.

Judy
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon CruiseMates!
Sorry I haven't been around here much the past couple of days. I've been trying to keep the old footy up and elevatedand it is kind of hard to type on the puter with my leg up in the air.

I emailed the doc after church and told him that my dressing/splint was getting on my last nerve and I was gonna change it, because there's no way I could tolerate it til Tuesday, when I see him again. He emailed me back and told me to knock myself out, so d/h did the honors and I got to check out his handy work. It looks pretty good I think. The incisions are healing nicely and all is feeling so much better now with looser bandages. I am now sporting a sexy arch for the first time in my life

I am thrilled to hear about Frank and his new Bride. He is such a nice guy, he definitely deserves all the happiness in the world.

Todd thanks for keeping an eye out for me. Hope you and Fran are having a great day.

Well I think I may go take a little rest in a bit. Take care friends!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Thank you Todd .I hope to return here Friday August 13 .