Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Default Ready For NFL Football !!!!

Hall Of Fame game tonight..the 44th Winner of the Super Bowl (Who Dat ) meets the 44th POTUS tomorrow at the White House..pre season kicks off on Thursday night and of course who (but my buddy Mike in Viking country) can wait for Thursday Sept 9th with the kick off of the regular season with the World Champions vs the Vikings with or without what's his name...we in The Gulf are ready for some football

for those of you who watch the Hall of Fame induction last night ...when the 49'ers drafted Jerry Rice the SFO press was up in arms..not only did he come from a small no name school and had a questionable reception record..he dropped several balls during pre-season including the final pre season game against the hated Cowboys, which would have been the winning touchdown..at the post game press conference the media asked Coach Bill Walsh, was it a mistake to draft Rice..his remark..."Jerry Rice will have a long and productive career in the NFL, and when he retires, he will be the greatest receiver in the history of the NFL"...that is why Coach Walsh was a genius and was smiling from the locker room in Heaven last night
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Admiral

I grew up as, and remain, a NY Giants fan although I also follow San Diego because of "local boy makes it to the big time" Philip Rivers.

With all that said, Jerry Rice has long been the name I say when someone asks me who I think is the greatest NFL player of all-time.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Admiral

I gotta' be honest. I'm no longer into the NFL, MBA or the NBA as, at least in my opinion, there are just too many obscenely overpaid prima donna's.

Last time I was really excited about professional football was as a twelve year old sitting in front of a black and white TV watching John Unitas, Eugene "Big Daddy" Lipscomb, Raymond Berry, Gino Marchetti and company do the "Baltimore Two-Step" on Sam Huff and the NY Giants in 1959 for the league championship.

Todd
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Admiral

I am not really into football however ,one of my son-in-laws is a huge Jets fan so in this household we are partial to that team . Many years ago I was working as a camp counsellor and a Baltimore Colts player was on staff for that summer .I was a Colts fan that summer .
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Not a big fan of football. Mostly because I have no clue what they are doing out there. I do keep track of how the Patriots are doing. Gotta root for the home teams even though I amnow in Florida. Go Pats!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Venice,

You knew what my answer would be. I have waited since the Super Bowl for the new season to start.

I watched last night, but it wasn't very interesting. Can't wait for opening day.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Admiral

I never watch pre-season until the last game..Sept 9th is the BIG game