CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   We've booked back to back cruises... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/376053-weve-booked-back-back-cruises.html)

balabusta August 11th, 2010 11:16 PM

We've booked back to back cruises...

Now that Rob is retired we decided to "go for it" and booked back to back cruises for next May. We will be going on a repositioning cruise leaving Fort Lauderdale, bound for Europe, on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas ending up in Rome. Then, will stay on the ship when it continues on to Sicily, Greece, and Turkey. You only live once and Rob and I decided to "go for the gusto". Repostioning cruises are definitely the "best bang" for you cruise buck. The days can't go fast enough!

Kuki August 12th, 2010 12:12 AM

Congrats!! Sounds like a terrific plan and brilliant itinerary. Impossible not to enjoy the dickens out of it.

Pootersdad August 12th, 2010 07:39 AM

Back to Back Cruises

Congratulations on this booking.

While not nearly as glamorous as your cruises, we're also doing some b2b's (three, to be exact). On two of the b2b's, we are in the same cabin for both legs, on the Mercury in January we have to change cabins for the second leg.

Really looking forward to spending 20, 21, and 19 days respectively on these three b2b's.:-D

rollerdonna August 12th, 2010 08:17 AM

Whoo Hooo Balabusta, congratulations! Sounds like a great time, I guess May can't come fast enough?

donna

altacockerCruiser August 12th, 2010 09:10 AM

Great cruise

balabusta, (my wife is 1 also)

we did the same a few years ago. Not the same ports but a TA xing & Med for a 28 day cruise. Check out the days you will be in ports, some may repeat. Plan excursions accordently, for instance we were in Rome twice, did the Vatican on our 2nd Rome stop on a Tuesday, rather than the 1st stop on a Sunday. Less crowded.

Another thing to think of, we had 6 sea days and them 9 straight port days. Stayed on the ship on one of the repeat stops, had a breather from rushing around, did laundry and had the ship to ourselves.

Great cruise, in fact we are doing another xing & med in Oct., going the other way.

Trip August 12th, 2010 10:34 AM

How great it that! Waiting for this one will be no problem !!

LisaK August 12th, 2010 11:05 AM

sounds wonderful

balabusta August 12th, 2010 11:09 AM

Fellow cruisemates; thanks so much for the advice and well wishes. As I have always said, "once a cruise addict, always a cruise addict".

Libragirl August 12th, 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balabusta (Post 1308957)
Now that Rob is retired we decided to "go for it" and booked back to back cruises for next May. We will be going on a repositioning cruise leaving Fort Lauderdale, bound for Europe, on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas ending up in Rome. Then, will stay on the ship when it continues on to Sicily, Greece, and Turkey. You only live once and Rob and I decided to "go for the gusto". Repostioning cruises are definitely the "best bang" for you cruise buck. The days can't go fast enough!

We've done one similar to this. You will LOVE it! Have a wonderful time!:)

Manuel August 12th, 2010 12:03 PM

Congratulations on your booking. It will be an excellent vacation. A lot of time on a beautiful ship and some exciting , exotic ports.

I am sure that you will love the intinerary as well as everything else about the cruise.

TM

CruisinK n J August 12th, 2010 06:41 PM

We've Booked Back-to-Back Cruises

We did a similar cruise, although not back-to-back. In Barcelona, we ran into one of DH's former work collegues. You will love the cruise!

Judy