Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default I'm Sure - it's THURSDAY!

Morning Mates, welcome to Thursday, and I looked it up just to be sure.
How embarassing yesterday to call it Tuesday!
It looks like a nice one out there, sunny and 17C or 62F. If it doesn't get too hot, I will do some more gardening. Slow and steady, but it will get done!

Today is also Aquafitness, and another trip to the vet to follow up a few problems. My poor dog is a walking vet bill....

Have a good one everybody!

donna
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD and all who follow!

Arrived Cleveland last evening about 7:30 and had dinner in the hotel restaurant. I've eaten in hotel restaurants at about every level from top shelf to down to "you gotta' be kidding." The only consistency I've found is that while of course usually overpriced, the food even in the more expensive lodgings is usually average at best.

This hotel, however, has outstanding cuisine and wonder of all wonders, you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage to have supper.....only a double up on one of your monthly payments. :-). In any event, it's truly quite appetizing.

Following what promises to be a day of tests and appointments that will be if not as tiring as the trip yesterday, at least 50% as much, I'm finding my way to the lounge this afternoon for a little liquid unwinding. Fran is running a temp and we all know it's probably as a result of her chemo earlier this week, but it nevertheless puts me more than just "on the edge." As long as Tylenol controls it, I won't fall off.

Hope everyone has a grand day and of course Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a soon to be hot Texas. I think we will be a little cooler today in the 105 range.:o

Last night we had a thunderstorm that lasted about an hour, that gave a us a good soaking rain. God sure can water the grass better than I can.

Todd, I do hope that today goes well for you. Think about you and Fran all the time.

Donna, I checked into water excercise here, but never enrolled.

Not a lot going on here today. To hot to do much, but stay inside and wait for sun down. Can't wait for cooler temps, and some real football. A girl can wish..

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Todd I am glad to hear you made it to Cleveland safe and sound. I am hopeful all will go according to plan and that Fran's temp subsides quickly.

I am slowly starting to resume a few of my usual duties. I was able to load and unload dishes yesterday, fold a couple loads of laundry. I am really trying to walk, but it really hurts, and it becomes extremely excruciating if I put too much weight on it, or turn my ankle inward a llttle too far. I know it is a process and I am doing better now than I was on Tuesday. It's like I have someone else foot at the end of my leg. It is about two thirds of the width that it used to be and my toes and sole no longer grip the floor like a big suction cup. It is very strange. I hope it works out.

I have few things to get done today. Maybe moe laundry, get the kids to do some schoolwork and practice music lessons. D/H and I were involved in making recommendations for our church's audio visual equipment upgrades. The new computer arrived yesterday so I drove down and picked it up yesterday, so d/h could install necessary software. So today I will likely drop it off again so they can use it for Sunday service. Then after that d/h will probably stick around and help install the new projector.

I wish I had more exciting stuff to share with all of you, but I am soooo boring. I want to go outside and play...although to be honest it is way too hot to spend much time out there with heat indexes in the triple digits. I guess I should just be thankful to be in a nice home with the a/c.

I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.
It's a hot hot day here in WI too. Like most of you, I'm just going to try to stay cool today. Good excuse to sit down with a book and just laze around. (other days I do it anyway, but today I have a good excuse)

Todd, I'm glad to see a post from you today. Hope all your test come out great, and that you can enjoy your refreshments later today. Give my best to Fran too.

RD, enjoy your time off while you have it. I'm so glad to hear about your new job.

Luanne, stay cool and enjoy your day too.

Good morning to you too, Beanie--you were posting while I was.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning all,
Well I guess I will start packing today for the “Big Apple” we leave Saturday morning; we have a couple things planed like The Adams Family Musical and a double mast schooner ride on the Hudson. We didn’t want to plan too much in advance and want to just do whatever it is we feel like doing at that time. I have a few things to do around the house like laundry and cleaning things up. I did get the grass cut last night and did some heavy watering. Every day were due for rain but it doesn’t happen or maybe just a drop or two.
Todd …I’m happy you arrived in Cleveland safely; continued prayers go out to you and Fran.
Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning fellow cruisemates where it is already 85 degrees, in Virginia Beach. I did my usual gym routine, then some food shopping, and then deposited a truly unexpected check, in the bank. (I just love it when money comes unexpectedly; this was from a mutual fund that I had invested in long ago and they were caught overcharging their customers). Anyway, I just put on a wash and will soon make lunch for Rob and myself. Todd, hope everything is okay with you and Fran in Cleveland. I know that you will be getting great care at the Cleveland Clinic. Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

Wow, it seems to be hot almost everywhere. We got a break from the heat and humidity. It's warm (only in the eighties ) but breezy with little humidity.

RD, don't feel bad about not knowing what day it was yesterday. I have done that on another post.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Default I'm Sure - It's Thursday!

Good morning to one and all. Warm and sunny here.

Todd, I, too, am glad that you and Fran have arrived safely in Cleveland. I hope everthing goes well and that Fran's temp goes back to normal and she stays well, especially while she's on the road.

I dropped off a letter of encouragment to a high school classmate yesterday who has contrated some rare disease. She is to be seen at the Mayo Clinic in September.

Our temps are cranking up, as well, and Phyll says I can use that as an excuse to read a book today. I might just do that.

Judy
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone.

I finally was able to get online. My ISP had problems all morning and it has finally resolved. "maintenance issues"

I had a bunch of stuff to do online so I was chomping at the bit not being able to. I was able to pay the bills via Blackberry. Not something I like. My thumbs are too big.

We will be leaving for a fun weekend at my brother's cabin. All of my brothers and sister will be together, at the same time, for the first time in four years. That's quite awhile for my family. We are constantly in touch and see each other a number of times a year but it rarely works out that we can all be together at the same time.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better and the professionals at the hospitals and clinics get everything taken care of.

Have a great weekend!!! See you on Tuesday,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me