Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Admiral

Default The Gut Bucket List

I subscribe to Jazz Times Magazine...this month's edition had a list of 40 jazz experiences one should have before they leave this earth...so far I have accomplished 9 (I had a late start, I did not really get into jazz until much later in life), but I am now determine to make a serious dent in the list over the next 3 years

since our common fervor is cruising, can you name one thing you want to accomplish in that arena before your health will not allow you to cruise anymore ? also, can you share at least one of your non cruising passions and what you would like to check off in the next 3 years

in terms of cruising, I want to cruise down the Nile in Egypt..in terms of jazz, I want to have a private jazz concert at my home for 100 of my closet friends (you are all invited) featuring Anita Baker to raise $$$ to sponsor a scholarship so one talented high school jazz musician from the Lower 9th ward in New Orleans who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina could attend the summer jazz camp in Litchfield CT (where I grew up)..since she is unattached now, Halle Berry, will be my co-host for the private concert
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Admiral

What an interesting question Venice!
As for cruising, I want to go to Hawaii and see the Hawaiian Islands....
My husband wants to go on the QM2 before he dies....

As for biggest fantasy wish....to meet Barry Gibb!

donna
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Cruising would be either to Italy or Tahiti .Non cruising would be to visit every US state .We've already been to every Canadian province .
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Halle Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
I subscribe to Jazz Times Magazine...this month's edition had a list of 40 jazz experiences one should have before they leave this earth...so far I have accomplished 9 (I had a late start, I did not really get into jazz until much later in life), but I am now determine to make a serious dent in the list over the next 3 years

since our common fervor is cruising, can you name one thing you want to accomplish in that arena before your health will not allow you to cruise anymore ? also, can you share at least one of your non cruising passions and what you would like to check off in the next 3 years

in terms of cruising, I want to cruise down the Nile in Egypt..in terms of jazz, I want to have a private jazz concert at my home for 100 of my closet friends (you are all invited) featuring Anita Baker to raise $$$ to sponsor a scholarship so one talented high school jazz musician from the Lower 9th ward in New Orleans who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina could attend the summer jazz camp in Litchfield CT (where I grew up)..since she is unattached now, Halle Berry, will be my co-host for the private concert
She will be celebrating her 44th.birthday this week.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
As for cruising, I want to go to Hawaii and see the Hawaiian Islands....
donna
Donna, we have cruised to Hawaii for our fifth weding anniversary and we did a land vacation to Hawaii for our tenth.
We enjoyed them both, but the land vacation was better because we had much more time to enjoy that beautiful state.

We stayed in a hotel in Honolulu where they have a ceremony where you can renew your vows Hawaiian style. It was very well done and we can't wait to visit Hawaii again.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Admiral

As for cruising, I still would like to cruise from Valpariso, go around the Horn and wind up in Rio. That's a 16-day cruise. I also dream about a cruise that includes Venice, Dubrovnik, and Monte Carlo. I have been told that Monte Carlo is nothing, but I gotta see that for myself!

Non-cruising? I fantasize about winning the CA lottery and renovating my house.

Donna, too bad you can't go on the Let's Get Lei'd cruise. As much as I'd like to see everyone going on that cruise, Hawaii is much better as a land trip.

Judy
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Henry, my friend..the # 44 is very special to me..My beloved Saints won the 44th Super Bowl:-D, POTUS Obama is our 44th leader in the White House:-D..my beloved Syracuse University football team the number #44 was worn by Ernie Davis, Jim Brown and Floyd Little (and my man Little was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame with the Denver Broncos with # 44) and now you share that the love of my life Halle Berry is 44...I'm going to play the lottery this evening using #44 and when I win I will purchase a BMW Z-4 (with personalize plates # 44) and Halle and I will drive to the Port of Miami to catch the 4th annual Capital Jazz SuperCruise and I will propose marriage to her on the 4th night of the cruise on the veranda of our cabin 4th deck with a 4 karat diamond ring I think I would be her 4th (last and best) husband
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Admiral

For me cruise - some type of long Med cruise. Otherwise like Judy would love to win the lottery, I would be able to help daughter buy a nice house, pay off our's and be able to redo kitchen and bathrooms and of course then I would be able to take some nice trips and not all cruises. There are a few islands in the Caribbean I would love to go and spend at least a week at. I would hope that I would also get enough from the lottery to be able to donate to some medical research groups.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Default Venice

Quote:
Henry, my friend..the # 44 is very special to me..My beloved Saints won the 44th Super Bowl:-D, POTUS Obama is our 44th leader in the White House:-D..my beloved Syracuse University football team the number #44 was worn by Ernie Davis, Jim Brown and Floyd Little (and my man Little was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame with the Denver Broncos with # 44) and now you share that the love of my life Halle Berry is 44...I'm going to play the lottery this evening using #44 and when I win I will purchase a BMW Z-4 (with personalize plates # 44) and Halle and I will drive to the Port of Miami to catch the 4th annual Capital Jazz SuperCruise and I will propose marriage to her on the 4th night of the cruise on the veranda of our cabin 4th deck with a 4 karat diamond ring I think I would be her 4th (last and best) husband
You remind me of a guy I knew who had similiar thoughts of the actress and native New Yorker ,Stacy Dash.
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Admiral

ah yes Ms Dash just happens to be 44 also my neighbor who owns the Mustang could be mistaken for her twin sister

I'm off to purchase the winning $51M Powerball ticket so I can afford to court my neighbor :: ::
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Default Halle ,Stacy

Quote:
ah yes Ms Dash just happens to be 44 also my neighbor who owns the Mustang could be mistaken for her twin sister

I'm off to purchase the winning $51M Powerball ticket so I can afford to court my neighbor :: ::
I hope you win Venice .To help you in this endeavor I shall refrain from buying any Powerball tickets in the immediate future .
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Henry..you are really a true friend...I play Powerball with the change I p/u off the ground (so it's free $$$) on my daily 5 mile walk..you would be surprise as to the amount..it's also great exercise for my back when I have to bend correctly
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Venice:

Picking up change from the ground is somerhing I have not as yet tried
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Nancy, you are absolutely right. If I won the CA lottery, Some of that money would go to the many ligitimate charities that deserve help. There are many, and I just can't afford to support them. Right now, I give to the American Diabetes Assn., occasionally the American Cancer Society. Wish I could do more.

Judy
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Banned
Captain

A World Cruise is definitely on my bucket list.