Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Default If you were President

If you were the President ,Prime Minister or other leader of your country what would be the first thing you would do ?

This is not necessarily meant to be a political thread.

I would make music the universal language .
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
This is not necessarily meant to be a political thread.
But you know it will be.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Admiral

I would veto every bill from congress that had any earmarks or increased spending over inflation. Then I would freeze the income of all government workers for a year and not hire any more workers. That would be just the first day. On the second day I would start cutting spending and start consideration of a flat tax or fair tax. I would probably be impeached by the third day!!
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Admiral

I would not want that job.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Default President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
I would not want that job.

TM
This is before your time but I used to listen to a radio show :Queen For a Day and I was thinking about that this morning
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
This is before your time but I used to listen to a radio show :Queen For a Day and I was thinking about that this morning
Before my time you say.
I figuired out that I am only three years younger than you.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 19th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Admiral

I would call up my girlfriend Halle Berry who lives in California and tell her to pack a weekend bag (just bring her bikini that she wore in the James Bond movie) and tell her I will pick her up in AF 1 and we would spend a long weekend in Barbados recreating the love scene from the movie

I would then issue an Executive Order designating a custom built Windstar vessel as the Official Presidential Yacht and invited all the world leaders on a Smooth Jazz Cruise with all of my favorite artist for a week...At the end of the week everyone would be so relaxed and mellow that we would have peace on earth because great music is the universal language..my second executive order would be to ensure that every poor child in this Country would have enough to eat everyday (healthy diet), access to the best medical (including dental) care free and a laptop computer with free access to the internet so they are not left behind in education and the right to feel safe in a loving home and access to great teachers in their school system

My Secret Service protection would be all females and Fiona from "Burn Notice" would lead it

The New Orleans Saints would be America's Team and the White House will have a kickin sound system in the press room that would play Motown music from the 60's, as I enter/leave and the official Presidential limo would be a streched VW Black Beetle with personalized plates POTUS 44on the back andCRUZ4JAZon the front

I believe my friend Henry started this thread to have folks think about acts of kindness and fun things that our POTUS could do to help everyone
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Venice :

You have read my mind ,exactly . I checked out the Fillmore memorabillia site ,its great.Its now in my favorites .In 1984 I won tickets to see The Turtles in concert ,could not go but kept the tickets .I saw that old Turtles tickets are being sold on the site.
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
I would veto every bill from congress that had any earmarks or increased spending over inflation. Then I would freeze the income of all government workers for a year and not hire any more workers. That would be just the first day. On the second day I would start cutting spending and start consideration of a flat tax or fair tax. I would probably be impeached by the third day!!
I'd vote for you for president!! Have you thought about running? I agree with all of these policies!
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Paul, I agree with you 100%. Although, I might take a different approach.

If I were President, Czar or Dictator, I would try to make all of the little people equal. This could be accomplished by giving billions to teacher' unions to ensure keeping all unqualified teachers employed, thus ensuring an educational system that would rival any third world country. To gain even more support, I would do nothing to stop illegal immigration to my country. I would also file suit to stop any state or borough from enforcing immigration laws.

I would only pay attention to the constitution only when it was convenient.
I would befriend terrorist all around the world. I would allow none of my supporters to think for themselves and bribe them to walk lock and step with all of my ideas. I would of course have to raise taxes to pay for all of this, but with the help of the mainstream media, few will even figure it out. While the economy was going into the dumpers, I would declare every summer the "summer of recovery". I would also spend most of my time attending fund raisers to help me to keep my position and of course take more lavish vacations. Not that anything like that could ever happen here!

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra View Post
Paul, I agree with you 100%. Although, I might take a different approach.

If I were President, Czar or Dictator, I would try to make all of the little people equal. This could be accomplished by giving billions to teacher' unions to ensure keeping all unqualified teachers employed, thus ensuring an educational system that would rival any third world country. To gain even more support, I would do nothing to stop illegal immigration to my country. I would also file suit to stop any state or borough from enforcing immigration laws.

I would only pay attention to the constitution only when it was convenient.
I would befriend terrorist all around the world. I would allow none of my supporters to think for themselves and bribe them to walk lock and step with all of my ideas. I would of course have to raise taxes to pay for all of this, but with the help of the mainstream media, few will even figure it out. While the economy was going into the dumpers, I would declare every summer the "summer of recovery". I would also spend most of my time attending fund raisers to help me to keep my position and of course take more lavish vacations. Not that anything like that could ever happen here!

Debra
You've described our government in a nut shell!
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Default Queen for a day

Quote:
Before my time you say.
I figuired out that I am only three years younger than you.

TM
Dear heavens....Jack Bailey was the emcee for Queen for a Day..and it was such a tear jerker... remember it well.. In my dark mind I remember I think seeing it at Symphony Hall in Boston...... If I can remember all this... why can't I remember where I've put "stuff"
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Debra, I love your post. :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Admiral

If I were president, the first thing on my agenda would be jobs. When people are working they have money to spend. With money you are putting an "injection" into the circular flow of income. With so many people out of work, it is a "withdrawel" from the circular flow of income. It would be great if they could do a modern version of the Public Works Administration; it gave americans not only jobs in construction, but also employed writers and artists.
Old August 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM
Admiral

I so chuckle when I hear any President claim that he created jobs or that he created programs. A President in reality has no control over the economy and can't himself do a thing to help it, yet if it's good, he takes the kudos, if it's bad he takes the weight. When it's bad, it become de regeur for whomever the President is to blame his predecessor and/or anything and anyone other than himself. Of course, if the economy doesn't improve, the President at some point will "own" the situation such as our current President is perilously close to doing if indeed he hasn't already acquired it.

A President may request the spending of trillions of dollars after which he'll claim that he was the one who "saved the day," even if everyone who possesses just a modicum of knowledge of how our Federal Government system operates knows that's a crock. Such claims will continue even when and if the intent of these expenditures fail.

Well then, who actually does spend the "government's money?" First off, the government itself owns no money. Nope, nada, zip! The money it spends belongs to the citizens of the United States and the Congress traditionally spends most of it in such a manner to as much as possible, feather their own political nests, usually done through entitlements to their constituents thereby guaranteeing their re-election. After all, who is going to turn out from office the person who might be responsible for that new free computer, free rent, free food, free transportation, in fact virtually free everything! Nevertheless, the electorate will ever so often, signify they've had enough of such gut wrenchingly amounts of largesse by visiting the ballot box.

Why the American people continue to allow the system to continue on such a path for as long as it does is anathema to me. I have to say in keeping with the sentiments of Paul B, the absolute first thing I would do as President in this day and time would be to attempt to put a freeze on government spending. Of course this would never occur because ego's would never allow it.

Geesh, whatever happened to "Mr. Smith."

Todd
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
Admiral

The phrase in the third sentence of the second paragraph should read "becomes de riguer." Sorry, the fingers don't work well in the middle of the night.
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Admiral

There is a theory that I do not necessarily subscribe to that a group of politicians from both major parties are actually running the country and have been doing so for generations .
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
Admiral

actually Kat runs the Country and we just don't know it ::
Old August 21st, 2010, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Smile

If Kat did run the country we would be in fine shape.

The problem is that the people who know how to run the country are busy Driving taxicabs or cutting hair in barbershops.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Default Manuel

Quote:
If Kat did run the country we would be in fine shape.

The problem is that the people who know how to run the country are busy Driving taxicabs or cutting hair in barbershops.

TM

Or posting on internet message boards
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:44 PM
Admiral

ssshhh Venice that is suppose to be s secret. I'm also the chairman of the federal reserve so I'm working on the economy.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:44 PM
Admiral

I myself am incognito
Old August 21st, 2010, 11:50 PM
Admiral

If I were President I would surround myself with Harry and Nancy so they could help me rule.

I remember the Queen for a Day t.v. show many years ago.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Look after our own country first & stop interfering with others, don't give out huge sums in overseas aid when our own country is undergoing cuts & economies, only admit immigrants who are truly in fear of their lives or are a benefit to our country. Find a way to make all essential services Gas/eclectric/water, all free, make public transport free, there will be no such thing as a drug for serious health problems that is "too expensive", old people would be looked after without having to use all their life savings &/or selling their houses. Horrible little thugs who repeatedly perform antisocial acts would be permanently deported somewhere horrible like Iraq & left there after being tattooed with the slogan ''Down with Bin Laden... USA forever'' or something more pithy that I can't post here!!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:05 AM
Admiral

johnthedOg. You would make a great leader for this country.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Anyone can say what they would like but HOW is the question....first though they need the WILL to want it!!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would have Jane Fonda as my Vice President.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Admiral

John The Dog for PRESIDENT
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Beginner

Default if I was a president of a ship cruising company

If I was something like that, I certainly will invite all of you guys for a half price cruise vacation!
Have a nice time on all your future cruisings!

Best regards!

Me.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Jane Fonda was always one of my vices too.....I never really got over "Barberella"