Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and I'm Glad to be Home!

Morning Mates,
I am back home in Nova Scotia, and very happy to be here.
I don't know how I ever drove regularly in Montreal and lived to tell about it, it was the most stressful part of my weekend visit!
I managed to criss-cross the island and see friends, family and former co-workers, and it was great to see everybody.
The weather however was just plain awful, cold and rainy, and added to the traffic and crazy drivers, not fun.
My sister and I attended an 85th birthday celebration for a close family friend, and someone took a great shot of us toasting her. This is me and "Hez" from the CM family.....

It's looking pretty good here this morning, sunny/cloudy and already warming up, should be a nice day.
I'm off to school, well actually, the school cafeteria, to finish setting up our supplies. The gov't inspector comes today to do our licensing, then we are good to go next week. Can't wait to get back to work!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; August 24th, 2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: added photo
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
Looks like we all survived the weekend and a Monday, at least I hope we did. Many of us, including myself were MIA yesterday it seems. Where ever you all where... you were missed!

Today is my long awaited Doctor's Appointment. I am looking forward to getting my stitches out and getting an expert opinion to sum up my progress, since today marks 3 weeks since the surgery. D/H said he'll meet me there, and then we'll go have sushi for lunch nearby.

It would be nice to get those darned stitches out. I'd really like to go out and play in the pool. I think my foot/ankle is healed enough I can climb the ladder in and out. The only thing that I am a little iffy on, is walking out to the pool, because the ground is kind of lumpy and uneven. The other day I stepped on a hickory nut, and I nearly fell over. I think it scared me more than anything. But I have a bit more healing to do before I can traverse uneven surfaces. Our land out here was all cow pasture at one time, and I don't think they took the time to even out the divots once the house was built.

There isn't much else happening, aside from the fact that d/d's room is now clean, and somehow has remained that way for an entire day after the cleaning. Miracles never cease. Oh it looks so nice. I am hoping she will keep it that way.

I think next weekend we'll attack d/s's room. I think both of my children are candidates for that show "Hoarders, Buried Alive" For some reason they take great joy in collecting worthless stuff, that just sits around and really serves no useful purpose. For example, yesterday d/s goes outside and comes back with two pocketful of rocks from the lane. He grabs a plastic bowl fills it with soapy water, he then cleans his rocks, and dries them with one of my good dishtowels and puts them in a ziplock bag for safe keeping. and stashes his "treasure" somewhere in his room. Now at some point when the bag of rocks cross my path, they will have been long forsaken and forgotten and of course I will be obliged to set them free of their plastic encumbrance. You know the old saying... "ashes to ashes, dust to dust, rocks to rocks etc..." . His room is full of these sorts of acquisitions. In order to really declutterize it effectively, one has to painstakingly go through each cabinet, bin, box, drawer etc... to find all of the stashed items that he has collected and since forgotten about. Of course the moment you find something that is prime for tossing, that is the time when the boy rediscovers it as well and launches into a persuasive argument of the worth of said forgotten item... So I guess I can't win this one. No matter how you slice it, it is going to be a painful experience.

Well folks, I hope you all have a great day. Enjoy what's left of the summer. The days are rapidly getting shorter and it won't be long til we'll be cursing the snow and cold.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
From rainy raw Boston, where there is no sign of summer I even turned the ceiling fan off...oh my,and the thought of fall coming,always makes me sad.

RD, enjoyed your away pictures, and, home always seems so good after a trip. Good luck with the new job..is school opening next week? Here we always start after Labor day...

Bw, I watch those shows,and can somewhat understand your sons thinking, about his treasures, but when I see watching the hoarders walkng on last months pizza box, and, to go cups, I can only shake my head. good luck at the Dr today.

I am babysitting today,and soon, it will just be Lucy again. Aiden got a list of school supplies he needed, so Papa, surprised him with a bag of supplies, with extras if any kid needed something. the stores are selling them so cheap, like glue stix and crayons for 25 cents, we bought lots.

Good thoughts go out to all that need a hug...make it a good one

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning cruisers and cruisettes.

The weather has changed here in the Bread and Butter State. It's a cool morning with the temps dropping from the mid-seventies at 5:00 a.m. to sixty-six at 8:00 a.m.

Yesterday I had a very long cardiologist appointment. I received the full litany of tests and adjustments and a lot of personal attention. Final verdict was a long list of "issues" that will need to be resolved. There is a good chance that I will get a brand spanking new three lead pacemaker. The two lead isn't cutting it.

I am wearing a monitor for the next 36 hours so I'll have to be a good boy because "Big Brother" is watching. No showers until it comes off so I'll be a bit stinky by then.

Well: I'm off to make myself some breakfast.

Donna: It' looks and sounds like you had a good weekend despite the rain.

BW: Tell your d/s "Rock On".

I hope all Cruisemates have a Terrific Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from rainy NY .I just got back from my surgeons office .I had my stitches removed and it was rather painful .I am resting today due to the weather but on Thursday I am getting together with 2 "lost " friends that I last saw when I was in the 6th.grade .We are meeting for lunch .I am bringing my copy of the school yerarbook .
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and I'm Glad to be Home

Good morning, all. It's nice to be back after the "skipped" day. More triple digit temps on the way.

Donna, nice that you had a good visit with friends and family.
Mike, I hope you get that new device.
BW, happy "destitching!"
Henry, you, too!
Trip, if your summer hasn't started, you can have some of ours.

I had a long telephone chat yesterday with a lifelong friend who was diagnosed with Atypical Parkinson's, which means that she doesn't have the shakes. She is wheelchair bound because of a rare disease called Stiff Person's Syndrome which has affected only her feet. They curled up like club feet. Drs. think it is an offshoot of the Parkinson's, but there is no cure for it. She will go to the Mayo Clinic in September.

I smell coffee, so must get breakfast started. Looks like this will be an indoor day dependent upon the a/c.

Judy
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Judy, we have had a looong hot summer...records broken all over the place!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone. It's a warm and sunny day here in upper East Tennessee.

Fran had her weekly blood work this morning and everything remains within or just outside of parameters for which we are both so thankful.

It's great to visit but it's still good to get home, especially RD if you're home is a new one! I know you're so excited about getting back to work with the children and I hope you'll really get a kick out of your job.

Hope you got your stitches out today B/W. Your "hoarders" may not change anytime soon. Fran says I'm the biggest (figuratively and literally ) pack rat she's ever met. Wouldn't it be something if your son's rocks turned out to be worth a lot of money. If it were me collecting them though, they'd probably turn out to be radioactive.

Trip, to be honest with you, I'm kinda' looking forward to Fall. We've set a record in these parts (as they have in many others) for days in the nineties and high nineties. When we stepped out this morning and it was still cool, I thought of your famous, "Yay!"

Mike, do you have a pacemaker or an ICD? I didn't know they did three leads in pacemakers. I didn't qualify for the third lead which my EP truly wanted to insert. I was so close he could have "cheated" but I'm glad he is so ethical that he didn't. I guess all the stuff I had in Cleveland (Echo, etc.) came out alright as I've not received any negative reports thus far. I am so glad he took me off that Tikosyn. Within 48 hours of my restarting my Diabetic pills, my blood sugar levels are not only ten time better but are more consistent throughout the day. Why, I can even sneak in a peanut butter sandwich on white bread or even a couple of glazed and a French cruller from our "brandy new" Dunkin' Donuts.

Speaking of which I had really soured on Dunkin' Donuts when it seemed everyone we ever entered while traveling didn't make the donuts there. Instead they were trucked in overnight and by 9 am were as hard as bricks. One place told me they were only made on site at individually owned shops and those were few and far between. May be, but the one here in Greeneville is a "We make 'em here." Not good news for a diabetic who is finally starting to lose weight.

Isn't it wonderful Henry when you're able to get back in touch with those you haven't seen in decades? I hadn't seen our two long time family friends (the broadcaster for the Indy 500 and his wife) in 53 years! Hope you continue healing as well as you have been and at least you have the suture removal behind you. Hope you have a great time with your former classmates!

Sad to hear about your friend, Judy. I'll add her to the prayer list (which seems to expand on a daily basis). I pray she isn't in much pain. Hope it doesn't get too hot outside out there in 'ol California.

Prayers continue for all of those on the list as well as for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd,

I have a two lead pacemaker. No need for an ICD. I have a total AV block due to a build up of scar tissue from a patch that was put in (40 years ago) to fix a congenital heart defect. Over the years the scar tissue built up to a point that it blocked the electrical pulse from the sinus node to AV node. I have no issues with ventricular fibrillation only atrial fib and flutter.

The problem I'm having is that the left ventricle has the lead and contracts harder than the right ventricle. They want the right ventricle to contract more to increase pumping efficiency.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Todd :

I am bringing my 6th grade yearbook + photos circa 1955
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Admiral

It's a nice, breezy 74 degrees, in Virginia Beach. Rollerdonna, glad you had a good time in Montreal. I must admit that Montreal, is one of the most beautiful cities that Rob and I have ever been to. (my absolute favorite is Vancouver). This morning I went to the gym, went out to lunch with a girlfriend, and went with Rob to Wal-Mart to shop for food. A little after three, I will heading to work. Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a great day!
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and I'm Glad to be Home

Todd, fortunately, Reta is no no pain. Thank you for putting her on your prayer list. She needs it. Hopefully, the Mayo Clinic will have a solution that will give her life back.

Judy